Effects of AI and Unrest

By on July 21, 2014 4:09:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ericridge

Join Date 02/2012
+27

A picture is worth thousand words.. so here is few pictures. >.>

This is freshly settled village just to get it out of the way to show how bad it can get for the AI.

And this is their stats.

And I'm uh at 36 cities.

And so I decided to observe the borders of Altar and then spotted an fortress and noticed it needs 41 turns to build an archer. And that's not all folks! It's settled right on a river tile! I can't even do that

So it requires 41 turns to train an archer so it must be an lvl 2 fortress right ? with Crappy production output right?

Let's compare Adrisk to my Vinay Del Zexay because Adrisk is more older than Vinay Del Zexay Fortress.

And so I sent an scout up to inspect the power of Adrisk's fortress..

Impressive! 168 Production! But wait, that's what I get if I add it all.. but it shows that fortress is only producing 42 production.

And it's losing far more than it should be? t should be like at 105.. sixty production vanished into the ether or i'm just reading it wrong.

Now lets compare it to my Vinay Del Zexay Fortress..

Eighty-eight production! More than twice the hammers and its only lvl 3 fortress plus it have even more advanced stuff built already!

Still don't believe me? Ok Fine! Lets just compare that Adrisk fortress to one of my level 1 village which I plan to turn into a fortress!

I dropped it onto a 3 essence slot tile because I wanted it up to speed quickly.

99 production with enchantments up and only 31% unrest

Enchantments is Sovereign Call, Arcane Forge, and Set in Stone.

Something crazy is going on with adrisk's fortress and if this still doesn't help stardock understand that neglect of AI programming to understand unrest is biggest thing hurting the AI at the moment then nothing else will..

Sure it will slow the AI down abit to build those important needed structure but hey, the humans is doing it too so I see nothing wrong with the AI building them too.

And best of all I won't have to write essays on AI and unrest anymore.

Locked Post 9 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 21, 2014 5:15:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Impressive! 168 Production! But wait, that's what I get if I add it all.. but it shows that fortress is only producing 42 production.

And it's losing far more than it should be? t should be like at 105.. sixty production vanished into the ether or i'm just reading it wrong.

The 42 are correct. The city has a total production of 105 and loses 63 from Unrest.

The main-problem, as far as I understand it, is that the AI-values for Unrest-reducing improvements are too low. If those were higher, then the AI would be much better at handling Unrest.

July 21, 2014 9:14:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent post!

Looks like the AI should not be underestimating Unrest buildings. It's harming their ability to compete.

July 22, 2014 10:22:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Waitasec......85% UNREST?   That city should be engulfed in wall to wall riots, if not revolting!

Unrest really needs to play a bigger role in the game; and the AI needs to learn to cope better.

July 23, 2014 1:44:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting highwayhoss,

Waitasec......85% UNREST?   That city should be engulfed in wall to wall riots, if not revolting!

Why? Making the city basically useless isn't enough?

This isn't a simulation, it's a strategy game.

July 23, 2014 4:36:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,

Quoting highwayhoss,

This is likely the main reason why Frogboy decided against having bandits raiding empires when suffering from high unrest.

IE Players always have no unrest while AI is always drowning in unrest. It made AI empires fall to bandits.

July 23, 2014 5:08:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

why isn't the AI better at it?  AI should understand border influence and unrest buildings.

July 23, 2014 9:14:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

Quoting mqpiffle,

Quoting highwayhoss,

This is likely the main reason why Frogboy decided against having bandits raiding empires when suffering from high unrest.

IE Players always have no unrest while AI is always drowning in unrest. It made AI empires fall to bandits.

edit: I don't know why these threads keep breaking....below is my post.

I hope that's not the reason. Changing AI building priorities to preference Unrest would have removed the bandit threat AND made city queue outputs better. Meanwhile, the player who is still have unrest problems would be challenged by spawning bandits.

July 23, 2014 10:31:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
I don't know why these threads keep breaking....below is my post.

Probably because your post contains too many quotes.

July 23, 2014 11:03:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Considering how debilitating unrest can be to a city, I am surprised that the AI would NOT prioritize reducing it. I would think that would be a no-brainer.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time: