[LH 1.7 BETA] Experience?

By on July 12, 2014 5:06:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hellions

Join Date 12/2012
+32

So what happened to experience? With a lone starting sovereign, a Bear Cub now only yields 4 XP? A Widow lair 9 XP? Worse numbers than 1.6 with 2 champions dividing experience...

There is no mention of this in the 1.7 changelog so I'm wondering if this is working as intended? 

Locked Post 16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 12, 2014 5:09:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Experience is calculated from combat rating as far as I know. And I definitely saw something about that in note.s

July 12, 2014 5:31:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well there is such a mention:

"Full, completely rewritten battle ranking system for more accurate measurements of a unit's actual lethality"

That's probably it but ouch really. Some of those starting monster lairs have become counterproductive. 

July 12, 2014 5:46:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,

Well there is such a mention:

"Full, completely rewritten battle ranking system for more accurate measurements of a unit's actual lethality"

That's probably it but ouch really. Some of those starting monster lairs have become counterproductive. 

I'm finding the rewritten battle ranking system to be much more in tune with what experience you should be getting. Easy fights = not much XP. Makes sense to me.

Sure, there may be some fights that are too easy....but those fights have always been too easy.....shouldn't be getting free or near-free experience from it.

July 12, 2014 6:04:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1.7 Threat Levels:

<ThreatLevelDef>0:Weak:163,154,143</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>15:Average:207,163,11</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>30:Strong:219,94,11</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>50:Deadly:157,19,19</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>60:Epic:186,30,179</ThreatLevelDef>

1.6 Threat Levels

<ThreatLevelDef>0:Weak:163,154,143</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>100:Average:207,163,11</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>300:Strong:219,94,11</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>1000:Deadly:157,19,19</ThreatLevelDef>
<ThreatLevelDef>2000:Epic:186,30,179</ThreatLevelDef>

You could try to change the ExpMultiplier to 0.XX instead of 0.06 (LH 1.6 and LH 1.7), see if that helps...

<CombatRatingToExpMultiplier>0.06</CombatRatingToExpMultiplier>

All of this is in:

ElementalDefs.xml

LH Mods by Primal

XtraDeconstruct

XtraDeconstruct Canons

July 14, 2014 9:31:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well I soldiered on and there hasn't been any improvement. For example, a Cave Bear den on turn 115 gives 9 XP to a hero with potential and tutelage. A level 12 Forest Drake with three Pack Drakes yields 33. Capturing a city with an Epic defense = 21.  Leveling up has been reduced to a crawl, my sovereign is getting far less experience on his own than with a champion in LH 1.6. Playing with two heroes in the same stack is simply no longer a viable option. As a result of the XP trickle, the majority are now only fit to sit in towns to reduce unrest. The champion system and its RPG elements probably make 90% of the game for me and as it stands in the beta, it's missing one of its support pillars.

Turn 329 with Ineluctable Vision active, 12 opponents left. The AI champions are also suffering from the lack of XP. Looking at the [Fame 3/Level 1 champions], their respective levels are  6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 10, 10, 10. Three have 10+ injuries, one has a whoppin' 12 (!), something I've never seen and no, I didn't inflict any of those. Oy.

Quoting GFireflyE,

I'm finding the rewritten battle ranking system to be much more in tune with what experience you should be getting. Easy fights = not much XP. Makes sense to me.

Sure, there may be some fights that are too easy....but those fights have always been too easy.....shouldn't be getting free or near-free experience from it.

I completely disagree because it's not being compensated later on, experience doesn't scale. The less you get at the beginning is not being balanced by getting more later on, comparatively speaking with LH 1.6. Clearing monster lairs for such diminishing returns, especially after playing this game since the FE days, is frustrating beyond words. And maybe I'm the lone voice in the night since I'm the only one complaining.

Quoting Primal_Savage,

All of this is in:

ElementalDefs.xml

And yes, there is always modding to soothe our woes.

July 14, 2014 10:20:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,
And maybe I'm the lone voice in the night since I'm the only one complaining.

I haven't had the chance to play the beta yet, been busy with not gaming stuff unfortunately.... but i've been reading the feedback.  This sounds like a big problem if it's dropped off as much as you indicate.  Kinda surprised noone else is mentioning.

Keep us posted on if it gets any better/worse.

Would also encourage anyone who's playing the beta to post their thoughts on experience here.  Really don't want less xp for killing stuff... so would be interesting to know how others find it.

July 14, 2014 11:40:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 14, 2014 1:57:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,
I completely disagree because it's not being compensated later on, experience doesn't scale. The less you get at the beginning is not being balanced by getting more later on, comparatively speaking with LH 1.6. Clearing monster lairs for such diminishing returns, especially after playing this game since the FE days, is frustrating beyond words. And maybe I'm the lone voice in the night since I'm the only one complaining.

It would be nice if expanding Wildlands and agressive AI took this place in the late game. Early game monsters should be done away with...in the early game.

July 15, 2014 4:23:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting Hellions, reply 5I completely disagree because it's not being compensated later on, experience doesn't scale. The less you get at the beginning is not being balanced by getting more later on, comparatively speaking with LH 1.6. Clearing monster lairs for such diminishing returns, especially after playing this game since the FE days, is frustrating beyond words. And maybe I'm the lone voice in the night since I'm the only one complaining.

It would be nice if expanding Wildlands and agressive AI took this place in the late game. Early game monsters should be done away with...in the early game.

I have yet to see the wildlands expand. Although I think i seen the bihimiri fissure expand to six tiles before it got overrun.

July 15, 2014 8:45:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

I have yet to see the wildlands expand. Although I think i seen the bihimiri fissure expand to six tiles before it got overrun.

Wildlands will start to spawn increasingly nasty monsters in the unknown areas of the world the longer they are left around

Wildlands aren't supposed to expand, just spawn more monsters, though the "in unknown areas of the world" part concerns me, shouldn't they spawn them inside the wildlands or just outside?

July 16, 2014 2:49:21 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree with the experience problems/balance in the game.  Because we have the potential to have so many Champions in the game, something should be done to ensure they can level properly in the late game.  It seems counter-intuitive to just have relatively useless paperweights sitting unused in cities in the late game.

Besides adjusting XP or late game spawns, one thing I have tried is giving the Adventurer's Guild a boost to 5xp/turn.  Otherwise, quite frankly, the Adventurer's Guild is pretty useless as is.  You could also make it so that the Adventurer's Guild gives an XP boost to Champions stationed in ALL cities, which seems a bit more useful to me.

July 16, 2014 8:38:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If that´s the case I hope I can either avoid the update to 1.7 or I will dust the game. Hero leveling and experimenting was the last element keeping me playing the sandbox that is FE.

Regards,

Thorsten

July 16, 2014 9:19:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

Don't mean to confuse. The game does neither item. That's why I posted what I posted.

July 16, 2014 10:04:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm playing with the values here, thanks for the feedback!  I think you are right that the XP modifier will need to be increased because of the changes to battlerank.

July 16, 2014 10:51:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
Experience is calculated from combat rating as far as I know. And I definitely saw something about that in note.s

Good pickup.

July 16, 2014 7:57:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting perigrine23,

Quoting Ericridge, reply 9

Wildlands will start to spawn increasingly nasty monsters in the unknown areas of the world the longer they are left around

Wildlands aren't supposed to expand, just spawn more monsters, though the "in unknown areas of the world" part concerns me, shouldn't they spawn them inside the wildlands or just outside?

I honestly have no idea, at this point the wildlands dont' feel any different.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: