Fame 3 champion not appearing

By on July 10, 2014 10:06:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

pet_wolverine

Join Date 04/2014
+1

I have a recurring bug occurring in my games where I'm not getting a champion at 3 points of Fame.  I don't understand what's causing it.  It happens in about 50% of my games.  I play on huge maps with 21 opponents.  I don't know if that's a factor.  I've crossed the 3 fame threshold either by building a Tower of Dominion or by beating three monsters.  Either way, sometimes I get the hero, sometimes I don't.  When I don't get a hero for building a Tower of Dominion, the game won't let me end the current turn either.  I can reload on the same turn and end the turn, but I still won't get the hero.

In the event that there's no solve for the bug, is there a code to spawn a hero so I can make up for the one that I'm not getting?

In games where I do get the Fame 3 hero, there's never been any issues with subsequent heroes.  I get them at all the requisite points.

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2014 10:18:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 10, 2014 11:48:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks.  I was thinking there was a possibility that was the problem.  I'll try the mod.

July 11, 2014 12:29:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting pet_wolverine,
with 21 opponents

wow 

How to you find the performance and stability?  You running it on a supercomputer?

July 11, 2014 6:17:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,

Quoting pet_wolverine, reply 2with 21 opponents

wow 

How to you find the performance and stability?  You running it on a supercomputer?

Heh, my computer says she's flattered by your compliment.  It's not really that powerful of a machine though, as it's a bit dated.  An old Core i7 2.8 gig processor.  A newer GeForce GTX 760 graphics card, but the game isn't very graphically intense.

The game takes probably a solid 20-30 seconds to generate a map or load a saved game, but from that point it hums along fine.  AI turns take probably 3 or 4 seconds.

The game has occasional crashes, which are annoying when they happen, but nothing an autosave can't fix.  I've played it through several times either to completion or to the point where I'm the dominant power on the map.  I'm currently playing at the AI level two points above challenging (I forget what that level is called) and probably gonna up it a notch again soon.

The only recurring issue that I've had is the Fame 3 issue that I wrote about in this thread.

July 11, 2014 7:26:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool.

Quoting pet_wolverine,
An old Core i7 2.8 gig processor.

Same here.

Quoting pet_wolverine,
A newer GeForce GTX 760 graphics card

I know squat about graphics cards but I think that's better than mine.

I've run up to about 16 AI's and it seems ok, but it's been a while since I played anything that big.  

I'd definitely try the Champions Bonanza mod as suggested by Primal, would be interested to know if that fixes it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time: