Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.7 BETA Now Available

By on July 10, 2014 11:53:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

Arguably the biggest patch to date for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is now available for opt-in beta testing. Frogboy has made huge improvement to many areas of the AI, Commanders get new class-specific items, rival sovereigns are a lot chattier, and balance has gotten a hard look across the board. 

Patch notes can be found here: http://forums.elementalgame.com/455808/page/1/

LH 1.7, like all of Stardock's patches, will be free for everyone who has purchased the game.

To download the beta, do the following:
  1. Log into your Steam client.
  2. Right-click Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and choose Properties.
  3. Select the BETAS tab.
  4. In the drop-down menu, choose "1.7 Beta".
  5. Close the Properties window.

Steam should automatically download the update.

Note that saved games from previous patches will probably work with the 1.7 beta, but will be missing many of the balance changes. Start a new game to check out LH 1.7 the way it's meant to be played.

Please report any bugs or other issues you encounter to the LH Support forum so that we can make the 1.7 release the best it can be.

Thanks as always for your support, and happy conquering!

Locked Post 93 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 14, 2014 8:08:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just to note that I find the sharp decrease in experience points from combat and discouraging.

July 15, 2014 12:28:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There's been no change to xp.

July 15, 2014 1:48:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I've been staring at the Asag wildlands for like 200+ seasons and I don't think I've seen it expand nor send a large group of monsters to beat me up. In fact i'm now at the point where i'm invading it and killing the monsters.

I'm not sure when it's supposed to happen.. >.>

July 15, 2014 3:48:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

If you changed how battle rating is calculated, you changed xp as well. Right?

July 15, 2014 10:28:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 27

If you changed how battle rating is calculated, you changed xp as well. Right?

you might be in to. Something. Let me think about that.

July 15, 2014 2:50:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The amount of xp gained in the LH 1.7 Beta is about 1/3 or 2/5 of what it was in LH 1.6.

For further reading:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/455997

July 16, 2014 8:20:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
My heroes are spawning adjacent to my sovereign. I thought Brad had coded for the heroes to spawn near the capital city instead? 

What's happening with this one... are everyone's heroes spawning with the sov, or is it worked as intended (they spawn at the capital) ?

July 16, 2014 10:58:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting abob101,
What's happening with this one... are everyone's heroes spawning with the sov, or is it worked as intended (they spawn at the capital) ?

Yes, mine still spawn near my sovereign. I didn't bother to mention it as it was already noted.

July 16, 2014 11:04:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Avatar137,
Yes, mine still spawn near my sovereign. I didn't bother to mention it as it was already noted.

@ Frogboy/Kael - what's the go with this one... should they be spawning in the cities now (beta) or is not going to happen ?

Thanks.

July 16, 2014 7:55:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,

Quoting Avatar137, reply 33Yes, mine still spawn near my sovereign. I didn't bother to mention it as it was already noted.

@ Frogboy/Kael - what's the go with this one... should they be spawning in the cities now (beta) or is not going to happen ?

Thanks.

Yeah chiming in to state that heroes still spawn next to my sovereign as well.

Edit: Outpost changes to the AI has apparently made the Dead ai start to perform a little bit, my Ophelia Dead faction now consistently expand up to three cities each time I see them! And they began to form real armies. Last time I fought with them they threw an army stack of five armies against me..

It was surprisingly tough to kill the female banshees in plate armor that I personally designed Especially when I was using boar spears at that time.1-5 damage per strike lol It seems like they use the mix of ghost plate armored troops backed up by ice mages now. And a bunch of big skeleton archer units. I lose like 1-2 units for each undead army kill now if my troops is fresh lvl 3 recruits from fortresses now.

Now all the dead needs is knowledge of how to use consulates and then they'll be well on their way! I don't think i've seen a single consulate be built in their outposts yet probably.

July 16, 2014 8:37:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

how to use consulates

According to Brad's 16 hours of refit, Consulates were supposed to have received a nurf in 1.7

July 16, 2014 8:55:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting Ericridge, reply 35
how to use consulates

According to Brad's 16 hours of refit, Consulates were supposed to have received a nurf in 1.7

I haven't built them atm in current game yet but i'll see what they did to nerf it today or tmw.

Honestly I think consulates is quite fine, in order to build them quickly you need high production location anyways.

July 16, 2014 9:19:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

Quoting GFireflyE,

Quoting Ericridge, reply 35
how to use consulates

I haven't built them atm in current game yet but i'll see what they did to nerf it today or tmw.

Honestly I think consulates is quite fine, in order to build them quickly you need high production location anyways.

Just looked in the game I am playing. They are still +1 growth towards the closest city.

July 16, 2014 11:55:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

See this link for my previous comments: http://forums.elementalgame.com/455934/page/1/#9

Here are more comments from my current game:

• I am finding that the Faction Power rating system rates currently held territory too high. When I start a war with someone, I go straight for there outposts. After taking over 4-5 of them within the first turn, the AI becomes defensive because of how quickly my power rating has jumped. I can then push them at my leisure. Recommend that Faction Power ratings adjust more gradually. By taking over an outpost, the power rating should take 10+ turns to be fully realized (for both the faction who conquered the outpost and the faction that lost the outpost).
  • Why does Pit of Madness city enchantment have 0 mana cost? This spell is amazing! Recommend increasing this spell from 0 mana to 30 mana. (Twice that of Inspiration) 
  • When I receive the popup message that Fallen Star spell has been cast on one of my units, there should be a 'go to' button to press so that I can see which unit has been damaged. (The same can be said for all other strategic combat spells)
  • The hero Luviola (possibly from Champion Bonanza mod) cast Flame Tongue spell and the particle animation effect looked completely wrong...as if the fire was being shot off sidelike, not even at the target.
  • An aside note, but the Graveseal spell and any poison effect is VERY powerful together. Every round my units are taking critical poison damage. Very cool....except that I'm probably going to lose the battle because of it. 
  • I really like that Pariden is able to cast Arcane Monolith now. Is the AI able to cast other awkward to cast spells? Bloom of Twilight? Birth of Summer? Curgen's Volcano? Tidal Wave?

• I have now obtained and cast Ineluctable Vision. Screenshot of my game attached (I'm the Yithral): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtm5o38z9cl7n4d/Screenshot%202014-07-16%2020.05.02.png
  • It would appear that, with Master Quest disabled, the Master Quest Wildland will no longer show up on the map. Thanks!
  • It would appear that I was deceived. This game had TWO Wildlands in it (not only 1 as I first thought). Still low from what it used to be though.
  • It is turn 202 and I think Pariden is finally about to build their second city...on turn 203, the settle moved onto the buildable tile but did not build a city. On turn 204 the settler built a city. Yea...Pariden finally has two cities.
  • At this time, I know I have won this game. I continue to play now only for additional commenting...

• Ogremounds, Mercenary Camps, Order of Asok, etc....recommend that you have the ability to choose whether or not you want to build these units. When a unit is defeated, I like the 10 turn limit before constructing another, but once that limit has expired no unit should be built unless you select said tile and click on a "Hire Unit" button.
  • Does the AI upgrade shards/Mines/Troves that are not connected to the city?
  • Recommend increasing the Drain Life spell effect from +2 per Death Shard to +3 per Death Shard.
  • Just found Lady Irene who had the Pillar of Grazna Figurine in her posession and actived. (I defeated it in the same battle). After the battle, I received the Pillar of Grazna Figurine as loot. SO AWESOME! Recommend you do this with other rarer treasures. PLEASE.
  • The Pillar of Grazna is quite small in tactical combat. I would have thought it to be the size of Kir-Tion. Recommend increasing this unit's size in tactical combat.
  • The power of Juggernauts is simply amazing. Recommend increasing their production cost from 444 & 4 metal to 500 & 10 metal.
  • For an unknown reason, Irene of Tarth is not casting any city enchantments on their cities.
  • I've mentioned in the other thread that the staves all require an overhaul with class restrictions in order to help remove the initiative penalties they currently embue. The Hailstone Staff is one such weapon that needs adjustment.
  • One thing I've noticed: When modded classes are added to the game, once you've received your first and second heroes there is no further chance for you to select the modded classes to advance in. Could there be a way to 'hire a hero', perhaps at the consumption of Fame instead of just reaching a threshold?
  • When I am in the city Ledger and wish to sort by any of the columns, I do not want to have the Conclave/Fortress/Town separation still to occur. The only column where that separation should occur is when I select to sort by 'City'.
  • Pazuzu, Lord of Sickness was too easy (this may be a mod). Needs to be made stronger and tougher. Perhaps have 2 demons summoned at a time.
  • Just received a message from Pariden saying that they were being assaulted from the Vaynar (a mod race). However, the Vaynar are on the complete other side of the map! Very unrealistic.
  • When I sent financial assistance to Pariden, should I not receive diplomatic bonus? "Helped us in a time of need" ? I don't think I received any bonus...so why should I help?
  • Recommend that the Great Arena be renamed to Arena as this structure can be built in any fortress.
  • Recommend that the Arena be renamed to Great Arena as this structure is a once per faction improvement.

• I have tonnes of metal in this game. Recommend that all the mine upgrades require additional metal cost. (It makes sense that better mining techniques and equipment would require more metal.)  
    • Recommend the Smelter improvement have an additional cost of 5 metal.  
    • Recommend the Foundry improvement have an additional cost of 5 metal.  
    • Recommend the Ironworks improvement have an additional cost of 5 metal.
  • I have tonnes of crystal in this game. Recommend that several buildings that grant mana also have a crystal cost. (It makes sense that buildings that provide magical benefit require some kind of channel to obtain said benefit)  
    • Recommend the Herbalist improvement have an additional cost of 5 crystal.  
    • Recommend the Apothecary improvement have an additional cost of 10 crystal.  
    • Recommend the Ereog's Tower improvement have an additional cost of 25 crystal.  
    • Recommend the Scrying Pool improvement have an additional cost of 5 crystal. 
    • Recommend the Temple of Essence improvement have an additional cost of 10 crystal.

More comments to come...

Here are more comments...

• I've noticed that the AI likes to favor building High Tower upgrades for there outposts....perhaps it's weighted a little too high?
  • The spell Kill seems like it has a very atypical spell with respect to its mana cost relative to the other tactical spells. Recommend reducing the mana cost from 300 mana down to 100 mana, but increase the casting time from 2 turns to 3 turns. 
  • Wow. I'm surprised as to how cheap it is to rush-build the Tower of the Witch, Tower of the Sword, and Tower of the Padars. Only ~700 gildar each. I was able to build all three buildings in just 3 turns. I'm not sure what too suggest here....other than rushing towards this victory condition is far too easy when you are already winning the game. 
  • I really like how few settable locations were made available when I finished conquering the Scrapyard Wildland. The reward is good, but not too good. See attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ei29kjk46msieed/Screenshot%202014-07-17%2016.34.57.png 
  • All of the hill tiles in the Scrapyard Wildland, though appearing to be hills are not actually hills, as they have the Plains stats associated with them. I think this may have something to do with Frogboy's attempt to make the land more 'hilly', perhaps overlooking Wildland interactions?
  • Turn 250 on a medium map and many of my cities are now reaching level 5 (without the use of any Consulates). I highly doubt any game would ever extend beyond 500 turns...
  • Once your cities reach level 5, the spell Sacrifice becomes VERY abusive since there is no penalty when cities drop below their required limit. Recommend a 15% unrest penalty be applied to cities that go below there level limit. This will also give pause for players who build pioneers just after levelups.
  • When I cast Curgeon's Volcano (and other spells that take multiple turns to cast on the strategic map), could there be a 'casting turns' UI on the information bar to help track how many turns are left until the spell is cast? - Some of the edges of the spell don't quite look right when up against the shore line. See attached: https://www.dropbox.com/s/96567edhgb7p9xi/Screenshot%202014-07-17%2016.49.25.png
  • I have two stacks of drakes on top of each other in the tactical combat at end of their movement. See screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fra7hzfcmt2aym4/Screenshot%202014-07-17%2018.44.39.png 
  • Tower of the Witch, Tower of the Sword, and Tower of the Padars should each have a -1 diplomatic relations if you build them. (thus having all 3 would stack to -3)

There. I jumped ahead the 10 turns it took to cast the Spell of Making. No one dared attack me....they just all messaged me and let me know they disapproved.

Game Over.

I'll be updated the game to 1.7 beta 2.0 right away here....and will start up another game. Comments for this next game can be found here: http://forums.elementalgame.com/455934/page/3/#68

July 17, 2014 9:06:11 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
It is turn 202 and I think Pariden is finally about to build their second city...on turn 203, the settle moved onto the buildable tile but did not build a city. On turn 204 the settler built a city. Yea...Pariden finally has two cities.

I see you keep commenting on how few cities your AI opponents build. I just have not had this experience. I'm guessing it's due to different play styles. I tend to turtle more and build up before I really begin to explore in earnest. Each time I go out and find more AI they are usually ahead of me in terms of city numbers. I've yet to see what you describe. Are you attacking the AI as early as possible? I try to play nice for as long as I can before I start to get aggressive with them. How do you go about playing your early game?

July 17, 2014 9:53:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
One thing I've noticed: When modded classes are added to the game, once you've received your first and second heroes there is no further chance for you to select the modded classes to advance in. Could there be a way to 'hire a hero', perhaps at the consumption of Fame instead of just reaching a threshold?

Can you explain this.... I don't get what you mean?

July 17, 2014 11:12:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think he is referring to the fact that after the first rewarded champion all of the remaining champions already have their classes chosen, level 3 and above champions.  He is looking for more level one champions so that he can make them the custom classes instead of just the original five.

July 17, 2014 11:36:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 17, 2014 11:57:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Quoting Avatar137, reply 40I see you keep commenting on how few cities your AI opponents build. I just have not had this experience...

Me neither.

I also don't notice this. Not sure what might be the cause. Maybe too many AIs in one game?

July 17, 2014 12:04:06 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Slashimus,
I also don't notice this. Not sure what might be the cause. Maybe too many AIs in one game?

I'm not sure either, that's why I asked about his/her play style. My chosen/preferred way of setting up my world is with a random large map, 6 AIs on Hard level, with most everything else at default, i.e., balanced/normal/etc.

July 17, 2014 1:11:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beta patch up on Steam. Changes:

Increased combat rating to XP multiplier from 0.06 to 0.45
Reduced Harbor production cost
Town Hall unrest bonus reduced from -20% to -10%
Master Archer chance to crit increased from 0 to 0.5
Misc. conversation fixes

And some bugfixes. Thanks for all the feedback, everyone (seriously, it's hugely helpful) and let us know how the patch treats you!

July 17, 2014 1:53:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We need a high-end unrest reducing building that can be built in any city with all the nerfs you are doing to unrest.  (requiring Alliances or some unused civics tech)

July 17, 2014 2:07:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Alstein,

We need a high-end unrest reducing building that can be built in any city with all the nerfs you are doing to unrest.  (requiring Alliances or some unused civics tech)

Moar wunderz plz.

July 17, 2014 2:10:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Avatar137,

Quoting GFireflyE,

It is turn 202 and I think Pariden is finally about to build their second city...on turn 203, the settle moved onto the buildable tile but did not build a city. On turn 204 the settler built a city. Yea...Pariden finally has two cities.

I see you keep commenting on how few cities your AI opponents build. I just have not had this experience. I'm guessing it's due to different play styles. I tend to turtle more and build up before I really begin to explore in earnest. Each time I go out and find more AI they are usually ahead of me in terms of city numbers. I've yet to see what you describe. Are you attacking the AI as early as possible? I try to play nice for as long as I can before I start to get aggressive with them. How do you go about playing your early game?

I typically leave the AI alone until turn 100 or so. If I see a good spot to settle...aka it has essence and at least one type of resource around it, I'll push building a settler for the new city.

The events occuring with Pariden was odd. All other AI in that game had 3-5 cities and I had 3 myself when I first commented. What was odd about Pariden was that there were clear, good, locations to settle (20/20 hindsight tells me 3 locations) that were decently close to her capital and she settled none of them.

July 17, 2014 2:15:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,

Quoting GFireflyE,

One thing I've noticed: When modded classes are added to the game, once you've received your first and second heroes there is no further chance for you to select the modded classes to advance in. Could there be a way to 'hire a hero', perhaps at the consumption of Fame instead of just reaching a threshold?

Can you explain this.... I don't get what you mean?

It's a result of the existing hero system. The higher level heroes are pre-designed with classes already selected. So, none of those heroes will be able to be a Paladin, or Ranger, or Gravelord, etc.

One solution is to just design more heroes.

Another could be to cast a 'summon hero' spell (like in MoM).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time: