Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.7 changelog

By on July 4, 2014 11:44:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** RELEASED IN BETA ***

To download the beta, do the following:

Right-click Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and choose Properties.
Select the BETAS tab.
In the drop-down menu, choose "1.7 Beta".
Close the Properties window.

If you don't see "1.7 Beta" in your list then you may need to restart Steam to get it to update.

Items marked with a * have been updated since the beta was released.

Features

Added support for class requirements on weapons, armor and items

Added the Banner of the Brave accessory, Army gets +1 Attack And +2 Defense, Commander only

Added Walderon’s Banner accesory, Army gets +1 Moves and +2 Initiative, Commander only

Added the Banner of Zad-Zabril accesory, Army gets +25% Fire Resistance, Commander only

Added the Mage's Staff weapons, ranged lightning damage, Mage only

TONS of new conversations

Modders can now create map stamps with starting point locations saved in them

Balance

Adept’s Robe is now Mage only and Defense increased from 1 to 2

Archmage’s Robe is now Mage only and Defense increased from 5 to 6

Mage’s Robe is now Mage only and Defense increased from 3 to 4

Impenetrable Tower Shield is now Defender only

Tectonic Bulwark is now Defender only

Shield of the Sentinel is now Defender only

Ring of Mastery is now Mage only

Wage costs are now proportional with group sizes (increased wage costs for larger groups)

Assassin’s Blade is now Assassin only

Sharp Longsword is now Assassin only

Serrated Longsword is now Assassin only

Legendary Longsword is now Warrior only

Brutal Trog Scimitar is now Warrior only

Bashing Maul is now Warrior only

Relations penalty for ambitious civs reduced to -1 from -2

Relations requirements for treaties eased so that you can have unfriendly relations and still make treaties

City population reqs to level up reduced slightly

Towns provide slightly more money per turn

War monger player relations penalty goes away after 10 game years

Wildlands will start to spawn increasingly nasty monsters in the unknown areas of the world the longer they are left around

Capitar faction stores sell things for 20% off

Bell Tower unrest reduction changed from 10 to 5

Fortress production bonus reduced

Reduced odds of Bacco the Beggar quest coming up

Reduced odds of other various quests from coming up (the ones we see 30% of each game apiece are now 10%)

Final quest boss combat speed increased from 22 to 40, HP increased from 500 to 600.

Ranged weapons now convey an accuracy penalty (harder to hit something with a ranged weapon than a melee weapon)

Sovereign mana production reduced from 2 to 1

Town Halls reduced to -10 Unrest instead of -20

Reduced the production cost of Harbors

Fixes

Fixed the cause of 80% of the 1.6 crashes

Fixed bug that caused the battle initiation window to display the wrong battle rating for the armies

Fixed weird pathfinding bug that caused rivers to be extremely aggravating to deal with

Fixed splash damage on the Greatsword, Titanic Maul and Bashing Maul

Fixed an issue with a broken [OtherPlayer] tag in a dialog popup

Fixed the Master Archer ability

Fixed an issue where the wildland player could spawn champions

* Fixed an issue that could cause the AI to fail at casting summoning spells on some tactical maps

* Fixed an issue causing Grip of Winter to become permanent

AI

AI won’t cast negative city enchantments on players it isn’t at war with anymore

Fixed bug that caused the AI to overestimate the city defense value

Made AI smarter about declaring war based on if they are already at war

Fixed bug that would cause the AI to keep units in a city far more than they should

Fixed a bug that would cause the AI to send a unit out of the city when enemies were right there

AI upgrades its outposts

AI is more likely to go for the Spell of Mastery if they are dominating

Adjustments to the city calculation for dtermining whether a city is well defended or not

Fixed a bug that would cause the AI to try (and fail) to cast the same enchantment over and over again resulting in it not casting other strategic spells

AI can summon Arcane Monoliths

Fixed bug that would cause lots of strategic spells not to be cast due to it thinking their value was 0

Fixed a bug that caused the AI to cast expensive tactical spells even when it wasn't supposed to

Modified AI priorities of numerous city improvements

Full, completely rewritten battle ranking system for more accurate measurements of a unit's actual lethality

Fixed an issue keeping the AI from declaring war

Locked Post 99 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2014 10:22:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quote from changelog:  "AI won’t cast negative city enchantments on players it isn’t at war with anymore"

Will negative enchantments already in place auto-dispel upon a declaration of peace?  I've had a few times where they have lingered.

Thanks!

July 10, 2014 1:04:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A beta of 1.7 has been released.  To download the beta, do the following:

Right-click Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes and choose Properties.
Select the BETAS tab.
In the drop-down menu, choose "1.7 Beta".
Close the Properties window.

If you don't see "1.7 Beta" in your list then you may need to restart Steam to get it to update.

July 10, 2014 1:34:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*** RELEASED IN BETA ***

Yay, a beta version.

Well done Derek/Stardock.

July 10, 2014 2:19:23 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Nice! thanks a lot for doing this.

July 10, 2014 2:30:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I guess that you need to start a new game with this update.  I used my old save and had a reptilian die in battle, only to come back alive once back on the main map.

July 10, 2014 3:20:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, as always starting a game with a different version will have unpredictable results.

July 10, 2014 3:57:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 10, 2014 7:01:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I started a new scenario and got my first ctd ever in over 51 hours of play a few turns in. I have no idea if it's the beta patch or not starting up a save and going to play some more.

July 10, 2014 7:16:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great news! Thanks for your hard work.

Question: Does this Beta include everything Brad worked on (the 16 engineering hours)? The reason I ask is the change log doesn't include everything he said he did such as new spells, terrain, etc.

Also, can you please fix the tooltip on city defenders in the city details screen? It used to work but some patches ago it broke. Now it doesn't show up.

July 10, 2014 7:54:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kobracan,

Question: Does this Beta include everything Brad worked on (the 16 engineering hours)? The reason I ask is the change log doesn't include everything he said he did such as new spells, terrain, etc.

Also, can you please fix the tooltip on city defenders in the city details screen? It used to work but some patches ago it broke. Now it doesn't show up.

This patch was almost entirely done by Brad, which is awesome. But some things were reverted because they didn't work well. The spell for example was having some problems. Brads terrain changes are in for less flat terrain but the epic mountains he had were reverted because they blocked the player from seeing things behind them. Which is a shame because Brad's mountains did look better, but it was frustrating for players who would lose track of cities, units and monsters behind them. (some don't know how to rotate the camera and rotating isnt a fun thing to do when you are trying to get at your cities production queue).

Ill check out the city defender tooltip.

July 10, 2014 8:20:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm scratching my head at people not knowing how to rotate a camera in a game with a 3d map. 

July 10, 2014 8:30:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting Kobracan, reply 59

This patch was almost entirely done by Brad, which is awesome. But some things were reverted because they didn't work well. The spell for example was having some problems. Brads terrain changes are in for less flat terrain but the epic mountains he had were reverted because they blocked the player from seeing things behind them. Which is a shame because Brad's mountains did look better, but it was frustrating for players who would lose track of cities, units and monsters behind them. (some don't know how to rotate the camera and rotating isnt a fun thing to do when you are trying to get at your cities production queue).

I understand. Thank you very much.

July 11, 2014 12:37:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Slashimus,
I'm scratching my head at people not knowing how to rotate a camera in a game with a 3d map. 

Yeah I spend half my time rotating the map, dunno why... just like to get a look at things from different angles or something.

July 11, 2014 2:26:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wish I had a half penny for every time I have had to start a new game.  I would be that rich I could buy Stardock.  

July 11, 2014 2:58:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

How about the bigger squads?

July 11, 2014 10:00:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So only 1 FTE is being allocated to LH?...actually less than 1 FTE (16/40=.40)

Now I know where we stand...

July 11, 2014 11:43:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My heroes are spawning adjacent to my sovereign. I thought Brad had coded for the heroes to spawn near the capital city instead?

July 11, 2014 2:59:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 14, 2014 3:01:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

* Fixed the Master Archer ability

Did you fix the ability, or the code behind the ability?  Big difference, there...

July 15, 2014 7:32:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

Also, instead of limiting them so that class Y cannot wear item X, how about you turn the tables and say "if class Z wears item X, it gets bonus W". A dagger might ignore some armor if wielded by a rogue. A magic staff would not reduce initiative if wielded by a champion mage. A shield of the sentinel might give you a few extra points of dodge if wielded by a defender. You could still use them for any champion, but it wouldn't be optimal.

I very much welcome an approach as this is - The mechanism remains the same, but you have a bonus instead of a malus, wich is psychologicaly far superior

And you avoid the hard cap, classes X, Y & Z simply can't wear this or that item - this just frustrates...

July 15, 2014 8:38:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bits of Beta feedback:

I missed the line in the patch notes about the AI upgrading outposts and was very excited the first time I saw an updated one. It was a surprisingly big deal to me, as is the fact that in my 1.6 and 1.7 games the AI players are using strategic spells, which they didn't last time I played. Makes steamrolling with a single army a lot harder.

The wildlands monster spawning has been interesting. They seem to pop up in occupied areas quite a lot, or at least within a tile or two of my outposts, quite far from the wildlands. This could get frustrating if the difficulty in clearing wildlands isn't fixed (in a 1.6 game I couldn't clear the Imperium or the swamp but could clear Abeix's wildland, in the current game I have managed to clear Vetrar and Abeix's wildlands and haven't had a chance to poke around the Imperium yet). I'm mainly seeing crow demons and lone darkling shamans, at a point in the game I have longsword and heavy armour-equipped troops, so maybe the parties need to be stronger but more controlled in where they spawn.

The bug with multiple copies of unarmed heroes being spawned by the wildlands could be refined into a neat feature - some tough heroes allying themselves with chaos rather than order and leading monster parties in the late game?

A couple of other points...

A few old problems are still around - the AI will pick a poor quality location to settle instead of a superior one right next to it, player-controlled cities still lose defenders if they are attacked more than once on the same turn, and defeated units still sometimes complete their moves after dying, destroying improvements and outposts I was trying to protect, even if paralyzed.

One I haven't seen before - I was attacked by Vetrar and, after losing my hero and half the army to one blizzard, hit autoresolve in frustration and found that my remaining units had somehow vanquished him (that hero has since been knocked unconscious in three or four other major engagements I have gone on to win, including one against Bonesplinter that has led to him riding around on the beast that horribly maimed him, so I like to think it has become a running joke for his men). The units were a group of four with shortswords and chainmail and a group of four with warhammers and leather, so I don't think it's working as intended.

The strategic version of wellspring doesn't seem to work - it deducts mana but doesn't heal my troops at all.

Doublestrike (I think) seems to be able to hit at range even when the AI character is using a melee weapon - axe-wielding Verga hitting my archers from across the battlefield.

On the dialogue side of things, there's a couple with small spelling and grammar mistakes but also some that just don't make sense - for example, an AI sovereign will pop up and just say 'Let us speak frankly', with the only response being 'ok'. Most, however, are great - especially the 'annoyed' version of throwing an army out of their territory for the third or fourth time (is that new?), and any time Magnar threatens to enslave my troops.

In tactical battles, AI archer units will sometimes group up on the same tile as each other - retreating into an occupied tile and then firing.

Think that's all for the moment.

July 16, 2014 12:57:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wondering now if this update is going to need a second round of beta testing, of if the hoped-for release date of 7/17 is still being planned.  I would personally prefer another beta update and the release date be pushed back.

July 16, 2014 7:01:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreed. This patch isn't ready.

I really wish Stardock would allocate the proper resources to QA for LH or just stop with content and patches. It's laughably sad how each patch breaks things and how some persistent issues never get fixed. 

Such a a good game held back by shitty bugs. 

July 16, 2014 7:09:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stardock: Here's a free new patch that makes the game better!

Some people on the forums: This is IMPERFECT? How dare you??

I was frustrated to discover a game was broken by the AI being unable to declare war. But it's temporary, they'll fix it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000937   Page Render Time: