Suggestion for future patches/updates/expansions

By on July 2, 2014 2:55:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

TrashMan

Join Date 05/2006
+3

Without further ado:

1) More diplomacy options. Being able to give a city (BIG diplomacy boost) or a unit, or gift non-equipped items, asking to make peace with someone (right now you can only ask to start a war)

2) More map generation options - things like general shape of the landmass (for example - one big continent), quantitiy of water (for those who hate many huge lakes), rivers, mountains, chasms (god, I hate those!) or yes/no to big setpieces (that can take over half the friggin map)

3) More unit upgrade options - right now you can ONLY upgrade to the latest stuff. Even if you don't want to. I hate when the game forces it - "either upgrade the unit THIS way or you can't upgrade it at all!"

And there are plenty of situation where you would NOT want to go all-out. Let's say you lack the required recources to upgrade units to champion armor, but you can easily upgrade to plate. Tough luck! Let's say you like that soldiers cloak (+10 magic resist) and don't want to upgrade to a dragon cloak. Too bad again!

At the very least there should be a non-magical upgrade option (for using the best non-magical equipment). I may not have the crystals necessary to upgrade my defenders with Doom Hammer, but Mauls do 25 damage and cost no crystals. BUT WAIT! You can't upgrade sucka!!!!

4) AI enhancements. It could do with some improvements so it uses it's units more efficiently and doesn't cripple it's own economy.

Locked Post 5 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 4, 2014 11:19:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We also need a "make peace with" option in the diplomacy menu. Ive had several games where I would ally with several empires against a more powerful foe, only to discover my allies were busy killing each other

I also wouldn't mind seeing special weapon and armor loot that was made for units instead of heroes occasionally. Maybe loot that could give one unit a more powerful mace or enchanted chain mail?

July 4, 2014 11:23:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh and I've also noticed when forcing other empires to surrender that their heroes seem to have 10-20 mounts in inventory, do they really need more than one?

July 4, 2014 3:25:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hm... I'd like to see maybe flying units, or maybe ships even? I mean, right now, its pretty much all big continents. I'd love to see something with upgradeable ships!

Hm... I'd be nice if the spell, the one that 'reveals the entire map' didn't actually show you everything all the time. Maybe just removed the fog of war. Because suddenly being able to see each and every single thing on the map makes you lose all desire to actually explore. At least if you remove only the fog of war, you can explore more to find out what exactly those strange ruins you see are!

Hm... Oh Yeah, for the 'Undead' Faction, how about zombie skins for the champions instead of all the males just being skeletons? I mean, I want a undead leader who is like a zombie, ghoul, wright or maybe even a lich! Not just a pile of walking bones.

Tactical combat updates would be nice, I mean right now all the upgrades to the city do are add in more defenders or more types. But tactical combat, in or out of the city isn't very different, Its move, attack, defend, magic attack. There isn't really any 'Move into cover, move onto city walls, etc.' I'd be awesome if like, when defending your city you could have traps set, or maybe barrels of pitch in places, stuff like that. Oh, and make the tiles more visible in tactical combat. They are so light and transparent, that there is a mod just for having them be more visible!

Other than that, yeah, everything has been covered. The AI and monsters lack smart decisions, the diplomacy is lacking, we have no spies, etc. Basic stuff the game needs.

July 4, 2014 11:09:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Educate the AI on how unrest mechanics work.

July 8, 2014 6:39:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For fortifications and city walls, tiles that grant a bonus to ranged resistance should do the trick. A dirty work-around, but better than nothing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: