Removing Custom Factions

By on June 22, 2014 7:01:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aethras_Lost

Join Date 11/2012

Okay, I know this has been talked about 'A LOT' So.. I just want to put this up to see if there is any new information on it.

Is there a way, to delete custom factions from your game. I ask this, because I have several, and its annoying to sort through them all, when honestly I just want to delete them. A note on this fact, I use steam to play, so I take it, because of the sync uploading and etc. It must be near impossible? But if it isn't, can someone please please please, just tell me how in the heck do I remove a custom faction from my game.

And no, I do not mean the 'Hero' I created, I mean the faction itself.

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 22, 2014 9:08:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 23, 2014 4:15:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That doesn't work for me, like I said. I use steam, so my stuff is in the 'sync' with steam, so if I delete those files, when I open up the game it'll simply replace the files and nothing will change. Which is why I asked on here, I know I could possibly un-sync my legendary heroes stuff from steam. But... Yeah. x.x

June 23, 2014 4:26:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you alt-tab out while the game is running, and then do the delete, you should get the desired deletion.

June 23, 2014 5:48:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll give it a try. But I think it'll just come back as soon as I re-connect to steam.

June 23, 2014 6:14:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you stay connected to steam, steam should correctly realize it is gone.

June 23, 2014 11:22:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Every time I've tried it in the past, Steam Sync simply replaces the files after I delete them. Basically the sync does what it is supposed to, and loads my game files onto any computer I play on. Making it almost permanent if you don't turn off steam sync with the game.

July 24, 2014 3:48:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wonder about AI leaders .

I have made lot of very skilled ones and would not mind to delete some

July 24, 2014 3:58:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

July 24, 2014 5:23:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I cannot believe after all this time they still don't have a more robust way to delete leaders. I thought when they said they were going to use Steamworks that they would be making things better because of it.

August 3, 2014 1:52:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its not the Units I want deleted. Its the faction. The entire custom faction that needs to be deleted, not the Hero itself. I know how to delete the hero, that is easy. Its the entire custom faction I want gone.

August 3, 2014 2:09:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you want to delete the entire custom faction, then you have to go to the Legendary Heroes or Fallen Enchantress folder in "My Games" (depending on whether you're playing FE or LH), and delete all the files you find in the "Race," "RaceTypes," and "Units" folders. You may also want to delete save games so as to avoid having a game where one or more factions in the game no longer exist.

If you have cloud synchronization enabled, you will need to do this while the game is running, such as by alt-tabbing out of the game.

August 3, 2014 3:38:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 7, 2014 11:54:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oooh, Sorry for the misunderstanding. @.@

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: