General E2015 discussion

By on June 10, 2014 2:12:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1469

What is E2015?

It's the code-name of the next game in the Elemental game universe.

Where can I find out more?

In the Founder's Vault: http://e2015.stardock.com/

How do I become a founder?

That time has passed.  

Locked Post 69 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 13, 2014 11:42:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

the css for the vault should probably read:

Code: css
  1. #body2 { background:#151515 url('../images/background.jpg') center top no-repeat;...

#151515 being the key.

as it is the bottom of the page is quite difficult to peruse because both the background and the links are white:

also, are we going to get a founders forum so we can discuss what we're seeing?

September 15, 2014 11:53:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Founder's Vault background issue has been fixed. Our apologies.

September 16, 2014 10:35:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, this looks better and better. Just saw the september update. I have the feeling that an instant classic is in the making here, and I can smell some very great game mechanics. 

One example: City management and city placement will be alot more exciting and meaningfull then in FE. I can tell already. Glad to see one tile cities, and how they upgrade/expand on tiles that have prod/food/mana etc now. Would have loved to have this system in FE too, but guess that has to be for FE2 (or Elemental 2 as I hope it will be called when made once in the furture).

September 18, 2014 6:08:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

FAQ was funny.  Thanks for the humor at work.   I do have some additional questions outside of the FAQ.  Anyway possible to create a drop-box or email for questions in the founders vault.  

Also this is the first time I have been a "founder" to anything.  I have seen this term thrown around and watched forums of other games with founders go bananas when they did not get special things or were promised something and did not get anything.   Just so I'm clear the "founders" are just getting a price break for being early correct?  I don't expect you make founders a magic unicorn who shoots rainbows from is behind for my $20 bucks, but I'm  curious.

September 18, 2014 6:20:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This sounds like the announcement is imminent. 

September 18, 2014 8:46:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting AM_Shark,

FAQ was funny.  Thanks for the humor at work.   I do have some additional questions outside of the FAQ.  Anyway possible to create a drop-box or email for questions in the founders vault.  

Also this is the first time I have been a "founder" to anything.  I have seen this term thrown around and watched forums of other games with founders go bananas when they did not get special things or were promised something and did not get anything.   Just so I'm clear the "founders" are just getting a price break for being early correct?  I don't expect you make founders a magic unicorn who shoots rainbows from is behind for my $20 bucks, but I'm  curious.

Since we're so close to EA, go ahead and just ask here. Just don't mention the name or share any screenshots that are from the vault.

September 18, 2014 8:46:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting AM_Shark,

Oh and basically for this game it's just the half price discount and access to the vault.

September 19, 2014 3:04:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Quoting AM_Shark,

Since we're so close to EA, go ahead and just ask here. Just don't mention the name or share any screenshots that are from the vault.

So, when is EA going to start, then? Can we just know now please? You already have my $20.

September 19, 2014 4:10:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am thinking of joining the founders tonight.  Been playing so much LH that I feel like I owe you more money just for that one!    Will the optimizations to the engine for the 2015 game be back-ported to LH?  

September 19, 2014 7:26:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tirawa,

Will the optimizations to the engine for the 2015 game be back-ported to LH?  

Some of the big optimizations were only possible due to changes in the game design, so I don't know how many changes could be backported, unfortunately  

Quoting Tirawa,

I am thinking of joining the founders tonight.

Do it!!!! One of us! One of us!  

September 19, 2014 8:10:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, despite not being a huge fan of Legendary Heroes, I have just become a founder for E2015. Let me tell you why: 

1. Stardock does good work and stands by its products and, more importantly, it's customers. 

2. While I think LH was flawed, the foundation was there.  While not my favorite fantasy 4x game, LH is still one of the best ever made. 

3. I think the developers have learned a lot from making LH and I am excited to see what they have up their sleeves.

4. The developers have proven to me that they can build a game world worth exploring and have shown how even the environment itself can be a formidable opponent. 

5. I have never been a founder for anything before and Stardock seems like a pretty safe bet overall.

6. Finally, I am a sucker for fantasy TBS games. 

I have not not even looked at anything in the vault yet so now I am off to do just that. 

Hey Frogboy, put our names in the credits somewhere!

Edit: How do I open the "Elemental original design concept.pdf" ?? When I download the file it is decidedly NOT a pdf...

September 20, 2014 1:49:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When there are spaces in the filename, it only saves up to the first space.  So it would save as "Elemental" with no extension.  You need to rename it manually, or when you do "Save As" type in the full name without spaces.

September 20, 2014 10:18:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the tip. I gave it a whirl on my ipad and for whatever reason it opened right up.

This game looks very promising!

September 21, 2014 5:12:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well I finally made the plunge into the future here. Everything is looking good thus far.

September 21, 2014 7:33:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hurry get to the chopper!  Two more things loaded on the Founder page, one requiring our attention! 

September 22, 2014 8:21:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's hard to name any abilities when we have no idea what's there already. 

Just give us Early Early Access and I'll be happy to tell you. 

September 22, 2014 10:59:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Love the site, and keep on keeping on!

September 23, 2014 1:21:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Abilities wishlist:

Polymorph

Simulacrum

Shadow clone

Fists of Fire

Meditated attack - bonus damage on next attack that accumulates 15% for each round you meditate on it. Make it exponential for added fun

Hurl foe

Opportunism - auto attack adjacent foes who attack someone else, with a bonus to hit

Snatch arrows - lowers missile attack hit chance for you and adjacent squares

Deflect Blow - next attack on you will randomly hit someone else

Magically Inspired - attacks gain 20% of the damage of the last spell cast on the battlefield. Healing spells included 

White Knight - offense increased when adjacent to a friendly unit below 30% HP

Bullrush - attack and push back a unit if possible

Sore Loser - bonus to damage if last attack missed

Opportunistic Trip - attempt to knock down anyone trying to go past you

Undercover - cannot be targeted before attacking for the first time

Mimic - can replicate the last special ability used in the battlefield

Role Model - gives army wide bonus/penalty for hitting/missing

Grapple - lock an adjacent unit in place, so that it is unable to move (but can attack)

Better than ever - dying grants +15% XP

September 23, 2014 4:40:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some traits suggestion:

- Sweep counterattack - grants sweep for the hero, but only for the counterattack, not for the regular attack

- Beast slayer - + n attack vs beasts

- Inspire - attack with lowered damage, but buffs + n to attack to adjacent allies

More to come..

September 23, 2014 11:35:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Second Wind: (Temp Bonus To Attack Speed) As the battle wains, you get a second wind and a new found vigor to fight.

Take Heart: (Bonus to resist fearlike effects (or immunity if you would place a high-level skill)) You know that you are capable of the near impossible. Very little can rattle you anymore.

Feign Attack: (Small Penalty to Attack (2 round) to Cause penalty to the enemies Defense and Attack (3 rounds)) By pretending to do weak attacks and defending a little more, you take the enemy off their guard and wait for the right moment to strike hard.

Inviting Death: (Add your defense initiative to your attack. Penalty to defense (drops to 0)) You post yourself on the balls of your feet inviting the enemy to hit you. Their attack is extra lethal, but you have the chance to do ONE fatal counterattack. If you survive the almost guaranteed fatal wound, you will be triumphant.

September 23, 2014 8:15:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Flying and swimming/amphibious units that can move from island to island and attack naval forces please!  I don't think I saw a single flying unit in any of the vault pictures.

Would be nice to have a belt slot for the hero screen.  More potential items is more fun.  

Abilities/skills:  

dismounted fighting:  the first 20 hp of damage are taken by your mount, then the mount dies and you fight on foot.

battle terrain should allow different units the option to retreat... plains for cavalry/mounted troops, woods for archers, footmen, swamp for monsters/beasts.  Could set up some interesting battles with hit and run tactics.

Can someone explain how to get the darned dropbox link to sync in dropbox?  Am I missing something really simple? (probably)

September 24, 2014 9:41:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here's something I would like to see in the tactical battles.

Often in these sorts of games, a unit can move X number of spaces and then shoot or attack. Usually, once the attack happens that unit's turn has ended for the round - even if they have movement points remaining. And that's probably how it should work for most units.

BUT! Skirmishing-type units are often poorly represented in tactical battle systems for just that reason. So what if there were some few units whose whole schtick is mobility, that could move a bit, shoot or attack, and then move a bit more after the attack with their remaining move points? Something along the lines of a mounted archer comes immediately to mind. That way, a mounted archer is actually differentiated in some way from normal archers on foot whose turn would end after firing as is traditional.

Just a thought...

September 25, 2014 1:46:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Stupid question, I'm sure, but I assume the game will be only 32 bit?

September 26, 2014 12:32:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

32bit-LAA (4GB instead of 2GB).

Though, in practice, it has lower HW reqs than LH due to the updated graphics engine.

September 27, 2014 10:49:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

32bit-LAA (4GB instead of 2GB).

Though, in practice, it has lower HW reqs than LH due to the updated graphics engine.

LAA? Not a fan. I like the Seattle Mariners.

In other news, that sounds cool, I guess.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time: