Post Your Gal Civ III Ship Designs!

By on May 7, 2014 1:30:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

The ship designer is out now in the the alpha 2.0 patch, so when have a that ship designed feel free to post it here and so others can see what kind of cool things you can build with it. 

Pinned Post 1447 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 10, 2014 9:25:10 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Ychuta,

Can somebody explain how to post an image please?

THNX

You need to put the image on another site something like imageshack or dropbox, copy the URL and use the insert image button. There put your URL to your picture in the spot where it says image URL.

May 10, 2014 10:01:53 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I must assume that an overwrite function will be added later? Sane name hulls don't currently overwrite (nor ask if we want to).

May 10, 2014 12:46:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

We have to be careful with overwriting ships, in case they still exist out on the map, but we will try and accommodate. 

By the way Awesome ship,  would love to see some of these get posted over on Steam.

May 11, 2014 8:17:59 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting mormegil,

We have to be careful with overwriting ships, in case they still exist out on the map, but we will try and accommodate. 

By the way Awesome ship,  would love to see some of these get posted over on Steam.

Ah, I hadn't considered that. I said the overwrite thing because I tend to work at different moments in the big ships so I need to save to continue later. I think that in the dev stream it was mentioned something about exporting pieces to be reused, so that could work as WIP workaround for me.

Oh, also curious that my video settings (lowered due to crappy card) are ignored in the planet's shipyard list. Not that I complain for the eye candy (no slowdowns anyway).

May 11, 2014 8:53:46 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

You will be able to save as a Template, if you are just working on Cosmetics, we should be able to let you overwrite those without messing with existing ships, (I will have sure.)

The Ship view, on the Planets is going away, as Starports will soon be their own on map object, and have their own screen.  That screen will support all the Post Possessor goodness.

May 11, 2014 12:49:30 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Okay here it is... Resistance is Futile

Borg Cube in action

Above the ship is in action below is the design view.  Got it completed using the mirror image options Borg Cube

May 11, 2014 1:20:54 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Seilore,

Okay here it is... Resistance is Futile

Those are some sexy cubes you have there. 

May 11, 2014 4:02:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Congrats on the cube, it looks awesome. Borg Sphere next? 

May 11, 2014 4:54:29 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Maybe later   One thing that's needed is a hard 0,0,0 coordinate, using one hard point on the generic ship to link everything to isn't always accurate .  We'll see if they add it

May 11, 2014 8:09:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I really, really, really want to be able to import all these ship designs.

May 11, 2014 9:37:13 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting EvilMonk3y,

okay I'm not thrilled with it but this is what I quickly put together..  Note the sphere is a colony ship

Borg Sphere

And next to the cubes

Sphere with cubes

May 11, 2014 10:14:13 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Seilore,

Quoting EvilMonk3y, reply 33

okay I'm not thrilled with it but this is what I quickly put together..  Note the sphere is a colony ship

Reduced 44%Original 1278 x 719

And next to the cubes

Reduced 44%Original 1278 x 719
Where's the sphere?

May 11, 2014 10:27:19 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting SF1 Raptor,
phere?

It's that small dot between the cubes

Here is another between 3 cubes and closer zoom, the size is close that it could fit in through the middle opening on the cube.  See picture below.

Sphere 3

May 11, 2014 10:43:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here's my first medium-hull ship. Interrogator Ship

May 12, 2014 12:16:35 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here is a group of new ships I created this morning I created one each colony, constructor, and scout ship.  Plus I posted them all together as well.

Edit:  Added a transport ship and a defender TransportDefender

ColonyConstructorScoutAll

May 12, 2014 4:02:47 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

May 12, 2014 9:39:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Wintersong,

Reduced 35%Original 1599 x 557

I must assume that an overwrite function will be added later? Sane name hulls don't currently overwrite (nor ask if we want to).

I just realized that this is the Ragnarov from SOSE! AWESOME!

May 13, 2014 1:47:57 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here's my first attempt in GC3 of a star destroyer. SD Concept

May 13, 2014 8:55:24 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Nice

May 13, 2014 9:13:41 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting sulley1,

Here's my first attempt in GC3 of a star destroyer.

It's dangerous out there. Take this:

I must say that I like the Terran blocks best.

May 13, 2014 1:23:58 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Wintersong,

Quoting sulley1, reply 43

Reduced 93%Original 440 x 470

Reduced 35%Original 1599 x 918

I thoroughly agree, Terran blocks are the best! Now we just need to be able to see them in action! If only we had the combat viewer or at least in-map battles!

May 13, 2014 2:58:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Wintersong,

Quoting sulley1, reply 43

Reduced 93%Original 440 x 470

Reduced 35%Original 1599 x 918
I think if you like angular designs you'll like Terran blocks and hulls (if there are any hulls.)

May 14, 2014 2:40:03 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Now I have a frigate.

Ho ho ho!

(Edit: Changed it a little, and took shots from more angles.)

May 14, 2014 3:22:11 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My first scout.  I called it the Atlas.

My fighter craft, the Phantom.  Basically reused the scout and expanded upon that.

My heavy fighter/Corvette.  Went with a bit of a different design, which I called the Arrow.

Unfortunately I got use to relying on autosave and I did all this in one turn before I quite out.  Since I didn't end the turn all I have left of these three are a couple of screenshots.

Edit: removed broken image links

May 14, 2014 8:32:48 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting The Sisko,
Unfortunately I got use to relying on autosave and I did all this in one turn before I quite out.  Since I didn't end the turn all I have left of these three are a couple of screenshots.

If you start a new game your ships should be there.  The ships save separately and are loaded into your game at the begining of the game.  So you may not see them in your current game that failed to save but, should be there in a new game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time: