Post Your Gal Civ III Ship Designs!

By on May 7, 2014 1:30:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

The ship designer is out now in the the alpha 2.0 patch, so when have a that ship designed feel free to post it here and so others can see what kind of cool things you can build with it. 

Pinned Post 1447 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 7, 2014 2:25:48 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thank you for posting this.I really want to see what the ship designer can do!

May 7, 2014 2:39:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think I broke it. Wont let me add any more parts.

May 7, 2014 2:40:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting EvilMaxWar,

It's so beautiful  

May 7, 2014 3:07:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My first ever GalCiv III ship. Scout ship. To scout where no one has scout before!

May 7, 2014 3:50:37 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Claw-class fighter

TThe Claw-class scout/fighter

May 7, 2014 4:05:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

May 7, 2014 4:13:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The rings rotate clock-wise and the engine rotates counter.

Terran Colony (in game) {the top and bottom domes rotate):

A cargo ship:

Altarian scout ("wings" move slowly up and down and the "legs" wave gently with the solar wind) [ignore the text . . leftover from testing]:

May 7, 2014 4:21:07 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Giant Colony ship.

May 7, 2014 4:54:42 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Took me awhile to get this one running (and it does run) My next designs will probably be more serious.

May 7, 2014 6:19:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Battlesun Galaxy. Launch the Cobras!

May 7, 2014 6:23:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ZubaZ,

The rings rotate clock-wise and the engine rotates counter.

I've toured around the world, from London to the Bay
It's "Hammer, go Hammer, MC Hammer, yo Hammer"
And the rest can go and play

May 7, 2014 7:09:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

May 7, 2014 9:16:48 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Wintersong,

Battlesun Galaxy. Launch the Cobras!

Are those working hangers?Tell me I can make a carrier!

May 8, 2014 4:48:00 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting SF1 Raptor,
Tell me I can make a carrier!

You can (eventually). Carriers have been confirmed for months. Mormegil even talked about them in one of the live streams (either the first or the second).

May 8, 2014 8:26:32 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I must assume that people are already creating some master pieces out there so meanwhile, I'll entertain you with some of my cra... stuff.

Got carried away (again): Battlesun Perseus. Tried not to resize the huge pieces (silly medium hull base) but those hangar thingies are HUGE.

I'll let you guess this one:

And this one resembles...

May 8, 2014 10:21:53 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well, here's my first attempt at a Trooper ship using a cargo hull, I know, pretty crappy, but I'm new at this.

[url=http://postimg.org/image/4gnbvx431/full/][/url]

May 8, 2014 11:45:29 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Finally got to play around a bit.

May 8, 2014 2:37:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Gaunathor,

Quoting SF1 Raptor, reply 13Tell me I can make a carrier!

You can (eventually). Carriers have been confirmed for months. Mormegil even talked about them in one of the live streams (either the first or the second).
Ok.Thanks.I haven't watched the live stream(limited internet).

May 9, 2014 3:22:47 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here is an alternate constructor... Big

May 9, 2014 5:43:19 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So first I just made a really simple scout ship, just to get my feet wet.

Scout Ship

But then I decided to get adventurous and try making it stand out a bit more.

Fighter

But I still wanted to see how crazy I could get, so I decided to try something much more modern-military-fighter-looking...

Interceptor

As well as a big interplanetary version of one of those private executive jets, just converted for military use.

The Bus

But in the end, the biggest challenge was making a colony ship that actually looked like it could drop off its pods without any disruption to the lives of the people inside.

Colony Ship

I think I pulled it off, though. Pity the shipyard refused to give me a good zoom level on it, and I had to do this from the colony construction queue.

May 9, 2014 5:59:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I need spheres so I can make ships that are dif sphere sizes like the sphere ships in Enterprise.

Or cubes so I can make Borg ships.

May 9, 2014 6:55:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My First Attempt

May 9, 2014 10:16:14 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ForesterSOF,

I need spheres so I can make ships that are dif sphere sizes like the sphere ships in Enterprise.

Or cubes so I can make Borg ships.

I attempted to build a borg cube, unfortunately they don't allow for enough pieces, however, this is what I had to this point.

Borg

May 10, 2014 7:29:17 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

A am also looking at making space stations.

Manipulating pieces for size and placement is a pain.

May 10, 2014 8:03:56 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Can somebody explain how to post an image please?

THNX

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time: