Mod help - giving resource to all players

By on April 27, 2014 10:57:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

davrovana

Join Date 05/2009
+61

Hey fellow modders. I am trying to give a custom resource to all players. I found this tag for Blight:

Code: xml
  1.         <GameModifier>
  2.             <ModType>Map</ModType>
  3.             <Attribute>AllPlayerStoredResourceAdjustment</Attribute>
  4.             <StrVal>Population</StrVal>
  5.             <Value>-50</Value>
  6.         </GameModifier>

The problem is that this adjusts by percentage. I'm looking to do an integer increase in value (starting from a zero value) - but I see no other tag that does this. Help?

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 27, 2014 11:51:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here is an idea for you... you can create hidden resources that serve absolutely no purpose. Make one where everyone has 100 of such a resource. You can increase this resource (I suspect) with the tag above. Set a game event (you get a hero type thing that checks for resource meeting a threshold, once reaching that threshold you can give each player the set amount of resource that you wanted to in a game event (similar to fame increase).

To summarize...

create undetectable resource that everyone starts with a fixed amount...

Increase undetectable resource with tag above (untested, hope it would work)

Define a quest game event similar to CoreGameEvents waiting for a resource threshold to be met.

That game even should give as a reward the fixed integer amount of resource. (be sure to not let them deny the choice)

--- untested, but I think it should work ---

April 28, 2014 3:14:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

create undetectable resource that everyone starts with a fixed amount...

I've created the hidden resource. Do I use a tag in elementaldefs.xml to set the starting amount?

April 28, 2014 12:54:37 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well I suppose you will have to give some to each player... I suppose you can attach the giving of this resource from the settling of the first city, I've not played with adding resources too much in game.

I suppose you can add this to the champion history abilities as each sovereign must have a history. 

April 28, 2014 4:12:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great ideas. Thanks again, parrotmath!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time: