The leaders of the Leader Pack

By on April 24, 2014 4:01:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

We had a request on the stream (which you should totally watch, btw, Kael is a funny guy) for seeing the new leaders available in the just-released Leader Pack DLC. I thought folks here might be interested. Check it out:

In the interests of not making this page horribly huge and slow to load, click though the links to check out all the leaders:

Asha Furnaceborn -- Magnar

General Tarth -- Tarth

Madame Dhana -- Krax

Magesta -- Pariden

Moria, Queen of Gandru -- Umber

Renge the Aphotic -- Resoln

Sanjo -- Gilden

Serrane -- Capitar

Shirayn -- Altar

Verga Reborn -- Yithril

Locked Post 21 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2014 6:56:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, good sir. I'll be buying this just to support you all, despite my frustrations as of late. 

April 24, 2014 7:20:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Noticed you have a Misandry trait in there, but what if I wanted to do extra damage to women?

April 25, 2014 3:58:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The new leaders look cool. I am also interested in the new traits. Does the DLC add anything else? I won't be able to watch the video for a long while.

Doesn't Asha miss a trait? She only has 5 points spent. Or does she have some unique power?

April 25, 2014 4:24:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Deleted post.

April 25, 2014 9:37:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Fallenchar,
Doesn't Asha miss a trait? She only has 5 points spent. Or does she have some unique power?

It looks like 6 points to me - 1 for the staff, 1 for the stone, 1 for attunement, and 3 for Fire II.

April 25, 2014 10:13:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for posting the new leaders. Gives us a chance to preview them prior to purchasing.

For what it's worth, imo, this DLC looks pretty good. Once I have the confidence that the AI can successfully play them, I'll be getting it. However, I do have some questions/comments about the new Leaders, as there seems to be some...gaps...in their design:

Asha Furnaceborn:

- Is she resistant to Fire? Should she be? Likewise, is she sensitive to Cold?

- In the custom sovereign builder, is there a new partical effect that can make you're sovereign on fire now?

- In the customer sovereign builder, are there other 'elemental' effects opened up to players now to explore and tinker with?

General Tarth:

- Is there anything new about this guy? Looks very bland...

- Should there be a new unique bow to be had (or several)?

Madame Dhana:

- Looks like Misandry is a new trait. What does this trait do (obviously hate against men, but how?)?

- Is there a new Misogyny trait to be had as well?

- Can we now build/design female units properly (in the past this has been a bit flakey)?

Magesta:

- Looks like Lifeblood is a new trait. What does this trait do?

- Imo, why would you not weaken her a little further and then start her off with the Lightning Staff (since her mother aquired it already)?

Moria, Queen of Gandru:

- Looks like Treasure Hunter is a new trait. I suspect this one increases the likelyhood of finding better loot (how?)?

- Seems bland...doesn't want to start with another item or two?

Renge the Aphotic:

- Really like the Dryder model. Can we pick this in the customer sovereign design? Can we pick...other...new models? (Centuar, Medusa, etc)

- Can this unit ride mounts? (probably shouldn't be able to) Shouldn't there be a trait icon to represent that 'disability'?

- Is this unit's movement speed different than normal? Should it be?

- Can this unit be knocked prone?

Sanjo:

- Have the Golems been rebalanced? as was, there was no point to build them...or as much point as there was to build Sions.

- Are there new types of Golems to be had? Clay Golem, Stone Golem, Iron Golem?

- I see that she has access to death magic. In the custom sovereign design, can we now do the same (has life associated with empires and death associated with kingdoms)?

- Has the Binding trait been fixed so that Kingdoms can use that trait now?

Serrane:

- Has the Legacy of Serrane been fixed now?

- Can horses now be selected in the custom sovereign design? What about Wargs? Other unique creatures?

Shirayn:

- What does she do? She seems bland...

Verga Reborn:

- What does he do? He seems bland...

- Shouldn't he have undead traits?

April 25, 2014 10:24:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You know what? This is the last DLC I buy to "thank" you for giving me LH for free. 

These DLC actually kinda suck & this new one is probably the worst.

April 25, 2014 4:30:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I haven't played them all so there are some things I don't know.  Here are the answers I can give you:

Asha's Quendar, which means she starts with 50 Fire and -50 Cold.  She gets no additional bonuses.

There is no new particle effect in the sovereign builder.

General Tarth comes equipped with bracers that are unavailable without the DLC.

Misandry gives +20 Crit against Male opponents.

There is no corresponding trait to do extra damage to females.

Lifeblood makes every spell cast heal the unit for 5.

Magesta already has the Weak trait.

Treasure Hunter grants "5% chance to find better items from goodie huts."

I presume that Dhana needs starting items less due to Treasure Hunter, but haven't tested that myself.

No new models in the sovereign builder.

Renge has the standard 2 movement.

Horses can be selected in the sovereign builder.  Only regular horses; no wargs and no warhorses.

April 25, 2014 5:28:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update:

Asha Furnaceborn:

- Is she resistant to Fire? Should she be? Likewise, is she sensitive to Cold? Has +50 resist Fire and -50 vuln Cold from Quendar racial trait.

- In the custom sovereign builder, is there a new partical effect that can make you're sovereign on fire now? Answer is 'no', but perhaps should there be?

- In the custom sovereign builder, are there other 'elemental' effects opened up to players now to explore and tinker with? Answer is 'no', but perhaps should there be?

General Tarth:

- Is there anything new about this guy? Looks very bland... Comes with new unique Bracers. Are these Bracers an available start item like Procipinee's crown? Imo, for them to be 'unique', they would need to be...

- Should there be a new unique bow to be had (or several)?

Madame Dhana:

- Looks like Misandry is a new trait. What does this trait do (obviously hate against men, but how?)? +20 Crit

- Should there be new Misogyny trait to be had as well?

- Can we now build/design female units properly (in the past this has been a bit flakey)?

Magesta:

- Looks like Lifeblood is a new trait. What does this trait do? Heals 5 every time a spell is cast.

- Recommendation: Why would you not weaken her a little further and then start her off with the Lightning Staff (since her mother aquired it already)? I understand she has the weak trait already....just that the Lightning Staff is fairly powerful...

Moria, Queen of Gandru:

- Looks like Treasure Hunter is a new trait. I suspect this one increases the likelyhood of finding better loot (how?)? 5% chance of better treasure

- Seems bland...doesn't want to start with another item or two? Still seems bland, but that could be deceptive. 5% could be a big impact...

Renge the Aphotic:

- Really like the Dryder model. Can we pick this in the customer sovereign design? Can we pick...other...new models? (Centuar, Medusa, etc) Should there be new models?

- Can this unit ride mounts? (probably shouldn't be able to) Shouldn't there be a trait icon to represent that 'disability'?

- Is this unit's movement speed different than normal? Should it be? It's normal speed of 2

- Can this unit be knocked prone? (probably shouldn't be able to)

Sanjo:

- Have the Golems been rebalanced? as was, there was no point to build them...or as much point as there was to build Sions.

- Are there new types of Golems to be had? Clay Golem, Stone Golem, Iron Golem?

- I see that she has access to death magic. In the custom sovereign design, can we now do the same (has life associated with empires and death associated with kingdoms)?

- Has the Binding trait been fixed so that Kingdoms can use that trait now?

Serrane:

- Has the Legacy of Serrane been fixed now?

- Can horses now be selected in the custom sovereign design? What about Wargs? Other unique creatures? Only horses. Should there be other mounts?

Shirayn:

- What does she do? She seems bland...

Verga Reborn:

- What does he do? He seems bland...

- Shouldn't he have undead traits?

April 25, 2014 7:17:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 26, 2014 2:23:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Crathsor answered that one:

"Horses can be selected in the sovereign builder.  Only regular horses; no wargs and no warhorses"

You are correct...that one should have been striked.

Available as start items (2 points). There is also a clothe version (no bonus, just for looks)

Good to know. Thanks.

Never really had a problem w/ creating female units (Other than Henchmen for which there is a mod). Might be some armor model issues I'm unaware of though.

I'm thinking of the henchmen. Imo, this is something that should have been patched into the game long ago. (maybe it was and I never came across it)

Are you referring to the Caster's Staff (in which case I don't think you would need to weaken her at all) or the Leht Staff? In any case, I'm not sure I would want either.

I refer to the Left Staff. I think it can be pretty good in the early game.

No, they re-added the allegiance prereq so that does't work anymore. Can probably be modded back, but the real issue (which requires much more modding to fix) was pointed out by abob101: how can Sanjo acquire Death Shards???

True dat. So....it's been 'fixed' in some fashion so Sanjo is playable?

April 26, 2014 5:51:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 26, 2014 10:29:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It really is an issue when some things are updated/fixed and other things end up breaking in the process.

April 26, 2014 11:04:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I believe the Life/Death schools is now working as intended, based on the current state of the game and from what Kael said in the twitch stream.

Life and Death schools can still only be selected by Kingdom and Empire allegiances respectively.  So no change there.  Personally I think that's for the best (although I realize some would like like the restriction to be removed - each to their own I guess).

Sanjo is an exception to the norm, she is a Kingdom character that has Death magic, she starts as an Apprentice and can advance along the Death Magic spell line.  To the best of my knowledge, she won't get Death Shards though (seeing as she is still a Kingdom faction) so it just means that some of her death magic spells (eg. Wither) will not get boosted by shards.  Personally I don't think that's a major drama - she is still kinda interesting.

Renge doesn't seem to be able to ride mounts or use armor like boots etc... which is logical.  It actually doesn't show an ability/icon or anything to indicate that he has a "spider body".  I tend to agree with GFireflyE's suggestion that maybe he should have something showing that he can't ride mounts etc.  I'd also lean towards giving him +1 move and maybe unable to be knocked prone to balance it out.... otherwise unless I missed something he basically has a handicap from being a spider dude.

April 26, 2014 11:23:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Life and Death schools can still only be selected by Kingdom and Empire allegiances respectively.  So no change there.  Personally I think that's for the best (although I realize some would like like the restriction to be removed - each to their own I guess).

I agree that it's for the best. However, they still need to add Kingdom creatures for the Binding Trait. (Yes, I know Parrotmath has a mod...but that sort of thing should really be part of the game.)

Imo, there should be a kind of 'exploratory' aspect to the sovereign designing. Same thing goes with having Horses now available....wouldn't it be sooo easy to have Wargs available in sovereign design as well, perhaps for 1 more point than the Horse, and let players stumble across and say "wow, look what I can do!" ... only to have there new Sov played by the AI in a following game....

There are other things in the game that could happen with too....it's just not rounded out properly.

Sanjo is an exception to the norm, she is a Kingdom character that has Death magic, she starts as an Apprentice and can advance along the Death Magic spell line.  To the best of my knowledge, she won't get Death Shards though (seeing as she is still a Kingdom faction) so it just means that some of her death magic spells (eg. Wither) will not get boosted by shards.  Personally I don't think that's a major drama - she is still kinda interesting.

My thoughts immediately then fall to "how does she increase her Death Magic?" Should she have an item that does that? And then consequently, should that item be available for selection in the sov designer....could get some pretty powerful death users....thoughts?

Renge doesn't seem to be able to ride mounts or use armor like boots etc... which is logical.  It actually doesn't show an ability/icon or anything to indicate that he has a "spider body".  I tend to agree with GFireflyE's suggestion that maybe he should have something showing that he can't ride mounts etc.  I'd also lean towards giving him +1 move and maybe unable to be knocked prone to balance it out.... otherwise unless I missed something he basically has a handicap from being a spider dude.

Precisely.

April 26, 2014 4:56:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,

Update:

Renge the Aphotic:

- Really like the Dryder model. Can we pick this in the customer sovereign design? Can we pick...other...new models? (Centuar, Medusa, etc) Should there be new models?

That would be awesome if we could create our own spider-people sovs.

April 29, 2014 11:33:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 30, 2014 12:19:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

May 2, 2014 12:25:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

thanks primal.  I'll check that mod out this weekend!

May 10, 2014 3:31:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

May 10, 2014 5:00:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Quoting GFireflyE, reply 9- Should there be new Misogyny trait to be had as well?

How about:

+Prince Charming (+100 Critical Hit Avoidance v Females) 

http://forums.elementalgame.com/454091/page/1/#0[/quote]

lolz.

fantastic!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: