Leader Pack DLC Now Available for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes!

By on April 24, 2014 1:37:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

Expand your game with the latest downloadable content pack for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. The Leader Pack DLC expands the options players have for the most legendary hero of them all: you.

The Leader Pack adds an all-new sovereign to each of the game’s 10 factions, each of which provide fresh gameplay experiences with new abilities and items. Prove might makes right with the hardy but magically impaired General Tarth, bring death magic to the kingdoms of men with Sanjo of Gilden, or absolve Lord Relias’ mistakes by leading Altar to glory as Shirayn.

Players can also customize their own sovereigns with additional traits and equipment. Treasure Hunters have supernaturally good luck at finding loot, leaders with Lifeblood heal their own wounds with every spell cast, and anyone wielding powerful Ruvennan Bracers is destined for glory on the battlefield with their dramatically boosted combat capabilities.

Key Features

• A new sovereign for each faction – Embrace the Quendar’s fiery heritage as Asha Furnaceborn, rewrite history as Shirayn, and more

• First-ever monstrous sovereign – The half-spider Renge the Aphotic takes the Wraiths’ spider worship to a whole new level

• New items and abilities for kings and queens – Find better loot as a Treasure Hunter or take control of the battlefield with Ruvennan Bracers

• New options for custom sovereigns – all of the new abilities and items are available for players to mix and match in creating their own perfect leader

The Leader Pack DLC is available for $4.99 directly through Stardock, from Steam, or from other digital retailers.

Pinned, Locked Post 83 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2014 2:45:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

First! Imma first!

*kaching*

there's my five bucks. now... im busy.

edit: or not, Steam is not doing what it should... not even the following morning. I'm forestalling purchase, given the rest of this thread.

April 24, 2014 10:54:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just downloaded it.  Not entirely sure it's worth the $5 yet  =/

A more detailed breakdown of what's actually inside the DLC would have been helpful. 

10 new leaders that any player could create on their own isn't worth much of anything.  If it brought some new clothing for the character models, that would be something.

I see [1] new item in the Sovereign creation screen
3 New Talents, though I would think Misandry should be unavailable for Undead (or genderless FWIW)

Edit:  I'm sure there's more than what I'm seeing at first glance.  Just not sure how much more

Edit#2: Figured out what's bugging me.  Getting a buttload of new Sovereigns, and still not giving a damn about them because there is absolutely no context as to why I should care about the inherent factions.  If there was an inclusion of a very small campaign where I could observe the new characters living in the world, that would be something.

April 24, 2014 11:28:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, BernieTime.  I was just going to say this myself, although I was going solely on what I was reading.  I didn't dare purchase this yet considering how incredibly flimsy it seemed.  After you sort through all the exaggerated, "epic sounding" marketing jargon, it didn't sound like much of anything.  And now I know I was right to be hesitant.

The last 'loot pack' DLC seemed a bit pricey IMO for what it offered, but come on... this one is just a joke -- and a cruel joke at that.  The only people who may find this useful are those who want more sovereigns, but for whatever reason, refuse to create them on their own, OR download some elsewhere for free.

Unless this ever gets "patched" with far more content, this is a blatant disrespect to the loyal consumer/fanbase.  It's really not asking for too much.  If you're asking for $5 from us, then it's fair to expect *something* of value in return.  Right?

You're better than this, Stardock.   

April 25, 2014 12:57:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah... what? Even if DLC money means further development of the main game, you still kind of need to make the DLC "worth the money".

April 25, 2014 2:37:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

When I play FE, I almost always play as my custom sovereign and faction. I am not sure why anyone would buy this DLC.

When I heard this was going to be a Leader Pack DLC, I assumed it would introduce several new jobs and a bunch of new talents and weaknesses for character creation. But it only introduces 3? That is very disappointing.

April 25, 2014 4:56:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have to agree that for the standart price of 5$ for a DLC I expect at least something that I cannot do on my own with a few free minutes. Right now that would be just some graphics for the new sovereigns which I dont think justifies the price tag.

Why not a few scenarios for these characters or add items only usable by specific sovereigns which would make them special.

Why not at least a quest for each of them?

How about special tech paths for different sovereigns for the same faction. ( it is hard to balance but since it is single player not really relevant )

Another idea would be to give all pre-created sovereigns unique jobs ( not selectable by player ) otherwise I am only using my own created sovereigns anyway.

I really like this game. I want to support the continuation of the series. Please offer something that justifies this price tag. Right now It looks like that this content could be given away free as a upgrade patch.

April 25, 2014 5:18:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting BernieTime,

A more detailed breakdown of what's actually inside the DLC would have been helpful.  

The reason there is a lack of detail is simply because (as is now becoming clear) the DLC barely has any substance. I bought the first three DLC packs (items, maps, quests) because I play a lot of random maps and wanted more content during the game.  When Dead World was announced I could tell it was very much a 'barebones' release due to the lack of detailed information, so I didn't buy it and I'm still pleased I didn't. This new DLC looks like a joke.

It costs £4. I could get two new Pinball FX2 tables for that price (at £2 each), and they take a hell of a lot of time and effort to make.

Either release worthwhile content or abandon the game, but please don't take the pi$$ out of your customers.

April 25, 2014 5:26:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, this DLC is not very rewarding.

Moreover I was really disappointed for the fact that there is not even a new sovereign for the Undead race... 

I really agree that this DLC should be patched with far more content. You should reward your loyal customers, not only ask money.

April 25, 2014 6:19:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm, have to agree here. Very disappointed that there isn't more here for the money. 

Either publicly move on from LH or reconsider this DLC "strategy". 

April 25, 2014 6:37:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting stockbreak,

Well, this DLC is not very rewarding.

Moreover I was really disappointed for the fact that there is not even a new sovereign for the Undead race... 

I really agree that this DLC should be patched with far more content. You should reward your loyal customers, not only ask money.

Not everyone will have the DLC with the undead so I don't think they can will release a second sov for the undead.  They could patch the undead mod to add a second sovereign though, but honestly DLC are generally not dependant on other DLC.   Anytime Stardock comes up with a new idea we should not expect that all of the previous iterations be patched up to follow suit.  As far as the DLC, the custom abilities look interesting to me, but I kinda wish there were like 6 total but it gives some interesting playstyles to try.

In the future, I would like to see more face and eye textures, as well as more models, body types and animations.  Most of the animations and models are the same as when FE released. I would try more mods but my experience with mods are that they generally 

For future DLC, I think more monster packs and more wild land stamps would be nice.  Also, I kinda wanna see more variety in the encounters.  But considering they are all composed in XML maybe more encounter packs. Also, an in game item forge (MoM AoW2/3) would be cool.

As far as being more rewarding to customers they have released 6 free patches, as well as one this week, that includes content updates. Not to mention all the updates in previous iterations. And some of us got the game for free because of a previous promise Stardock made.  Pretty sure they need to make money "sometime".  They kinda are a business. Also, DLC is not required to play. You can opt in if you find value in the product. 

BTW, as I mentioned above if you could pick just a couple mods that the author is trying to keep the original feel of the game I would like input. 

April 25, 2014 7:12:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*deleted*

April 25, 2014 8:30:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you don't have the time, skill or inclination to make custom sov's, then this DLC is worth the $5. And even if you don't think it's worth $5, you can always wait for a Steam sale.

That being said, I would have liked to have seen new factons, not just new sov's for existing factions. Also, a 50/50 split of male and female sovs would have been nice. Also, a lot more options for building a custom sov (I think there are only 3 new ones?), and the ability to edit existing custom sovs in-game instead of having to dig through the  XML files to edit.

Just my 2 cents.

April 25, 2014 9:23:59 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm a little surprised at this type of backlash. We all knew SD's DLC business model already. We've seen the hasty map pack, the shallow quest pack, the small loot pack, and the unfinished Undead pack. The Leaders pack possibly has more code than all of the others put together.

I'm not saying it's 'bad' quality. It's just 'expected' quality, and for me, it's just not $5 quality...so I'll wait until it was 50% off; like I did with the rest. 

I'm more interested in the functionality of the DLC:

- I'll be waiting until I receive confirmation that all the leaders work properly in the game. (He's looking at you Undead ) If the leaders can't be controlled by the AI, then I'm not interested.

- Does it add just leaders? If so, imo each leader should have something unique about him. I heard 3 new abilities were released....so that's 3/12. I saw one leader was a dryder, so that brings it to 4/12. However, about the rest, do they have new items added to the game perhaps? New quests? New buildings? How is the game changing other than 12 custom sovereigns?

- I also heard that life/death magic is being mixed up into empire/kingdoms respectively. Does that mean that this DLC also fixes the lack of content within the Binding trait? Kingdom shards (especially the Life shard) need creatures to spawn too.

- Also, with 3 new traits to be had.....are there any more weaknesses to be had? Having only 6 to choose from all the time....sucks...

April 25, 2014 9:36:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GFireflyE,
- Does it add just leaders? If so, imo each leader should have something unique about him. I heard 3 new abilities were released....so that's 3/12. I saw one leader was a dryder, so that brings it to 4/12. However, about the rest, do they have new items added to the game perhaps? New quests? New buildings? How is the game changing other than 12 custom sovereigns?

The mancer leader starts with a horse and a new set of gauntlets.

They also unlocked horses and the sharp dagger for sovereign customization.  This can be done by a beginner modder in about three minutes.

I would say the content in this DLC is about on per with the others, which amounts to it being pretty weak overall.

April 25, 2014 9:40:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

One thing we have to keep in mind is that people who post here are the "squeaky wheels". There are 10's of thousands of people who never post here, but buy any and all DLC's right away without question or comment.

Nothing will change until this "silent majority" stops buying the DLC's,... but when or if this happens, the reduction in DLC revenue will be blamed on declining interest in the game, rather than disapointment in the DLCs.

April 25, 2014 9:43:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,

They also unlocked horses and the sharp dagger for sovereign customization.  This can be done by a beginner modder in about three minutes.

As simple as it may be, I don't think people should have to wade through XML to create and edit custom sovs.

April 25, 2014 9:49:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I never expected them to release full spouse system via DLC.

But I expected bunch of new traits, gear etc. for each new sov, possibly new races as well.

What I have seen so far makes me severely worried. THREE new traits and THREE new pieces of gear?

So, this is first DLC I wont be buying...maybe on sale, but I dont know.

P.S.: I hope we dont get countered by "people buy it" reasoning. I work in a financial industry and believe me, people buy lots of "interesting" stuff. But I really dont want to see that from Stardock. 

April 25, 2014 9:59:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting forthright55,
When Dead World was announced I could tell it was very much a 'barebones' release due to the lack of detailed information, so I didn't buy it and I'm still pleased I didn't

I actually think dead world is the only really good value for money DLC as the undead do play and look substancially different it's better than the others. I bought the DLC because stardock effectivley game me FE:LH free to say sorry for Elemental and so I want to support them a bit. But this DLC is a little disappointing though I will try some of the new leaders the lack of a new undead leader and the lack of many new objects, talents or careers.

April 25, 2014 10:02:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting jirkaesch,

P.S.: I hope we dont get countered by "people buy it" reasoning. I work in a financial industry and believe me, people buy lots of "interesting" stuff. But I really dont want to see that from Stardock. 

The credit default swap derivative DLC... a new trade expansion mechanic.

April 25, 2014 10:17:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just saw that each leader was posted. I have a list of questions and comments for each that can be found here.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/453766/page/1/#3461845

Please comment and generate conversation (in the hopes that SD quickly addresses some of the items )

I'll also mention here that I think this has the good chance at being a decent $5 DLC. I can see that a lot of effort was put into its design. +1 to SD for that. Just seems that there are a few ...gaps... in the custom sovereign side of things...

April 25, 2014 10:22:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jirkaesch,

So, this is first DLC I wont be buying...maybe on sale, but I dont know.

I'll probably end up buying it when it's on sale....but what I wish I could do was exchange it. The Undead DLC is an unfortunate disappointment in its current state.

I'll buy it at full price if they actively address my comments.

April 25, 2014 11:17:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Kinda disappointed in this DLC. You basically see everything cool in the screenshots and previews.   Only Renge, Asha, and Magesta seem unique. Other then that everything else could be created in the sovereign creator, with only the slightest modding by adding an all ready existing item or ability not normally available. I don't even think it has to do with effort or time spent on the DLC I have come to the conclusion that Stardock isn't very good at differentiating factions and sovereigns so that they play different. 

Even Renge and Asha aren't all that great. They have cool art but no unique traits to make them play differently. That's basically what it comes down to. There really just aren't nearly enough meaningful traits in both the main game and this DLC for sovereigns. For instance Renge has spider legs which when you get down to it make him unique in not being able to equip pants or boots, wow how awesome. The real difference between Verga and Verga Reborn is Verga Reborn has Death2 instead of Death 1 and Earth1... Serranes claim to fame is she has a horse.

Oh well, I guess I will try and mod in some cool traits for them to have.

April 25, 2014 11:33:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sorry I bought all the DLC before but this does not cut the mustard for £4.

April 25, 2014 12:21:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ashbery76,

Sorry I bought all the DLC before but this does not cut the mustard for £4.

I jumped on the Dead DLC without hearing how it was bugged and couldn't be used by the AI which still hasn't been addressed.  'Fool me once' as they say.   That could easily happen again with one of the two new powers they put in are bugged but then never fixed.   Looking back the last couple of patches have introduced new bugs while not fixing old ones, it seems like the game is in a worse playable state than it was two patches ago do it's not even 'fool me once' really.  Oh well.  Maybe LH 2.0 thing will set things straight.   I've been fooled a couple times here so I'll wait and see and in the meantime Age of Wonders 3 is fun for now. 

April 25, 2014 12:31:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: