Wanted: Banshee Slayer

By on April 23, 2014 9:17:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

coyote303

Join Date 03/2008
+7

Okay, what I am really looking for is how to efficiently dispatch Banshees early in the game. In my present game, I have three Banshees guarding all three expansion sites. It has brought my game to a crawl. I have killed my share of Banshees, but what is the most efficient way?

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 23, 2014 10:39:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Mages or elemental damage.

April 24, 2014 1:58:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

three units of mages or if you don't have the crystal needed for them early game then use an hero with damaging spell.

And if you have any units with magic weapons early in the game laying around, throw them against the banshee but be warned it will only do like 1 damage

If you don't have any hero with damaging spell.. then well you have no choice but train mages, hunt down those crystal crags and upgrade them. Place an outpost on them if you have to.

April 24, 2014 5:35:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you have units of mages, it's not early game anymore.

I'm afraid you will need a hero with magic or Quendar/Amarian racial spell ability.

April 24, 2014 11:43:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for the replies, everyone. I guess I was on the right track since I'm saving crystal for mages. Fortunately, there was a crystal crag in range, although I had to build an outpost to access it. Unfortunately, the heroes I have aren't much help.

I usually don't hit the magic tech tree this early, but I was forced to this game. It's interesting to be forced to do things differently.

April 25, 2014 2:04:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Beware, the Blessed Hammer is useless atm (will need to check 1.6 patch).  Learned that the hard way a few games ago

April 25, 2014 4:15:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 25, 2014 4:39:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dude, you are an XML BEAST!!  Can you move to Michigan?!?  

April 25, 2014 4:44:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Or, this minimal version, I did in June 2013. I've updated it with the new likelihoods implemented by recent updates.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LH%20Mods/BlessedWeapons/BlessedWeapons.zip

@Primal_Savage: Looking through your file, you might want to change your likelihoods as they don't match core files anymore. Recall the more recent update with likelihoods. I don't know if any more of your mods need to be updated. I know a few of mine do because of this... but it takes forever transferring useful programs to a new computer.

April 25, 2014 5:03:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Dude, you are an XML BEAST!!  Can you move to Michigan?!?     

Just spitballin' here, but  Savage Parrott Games would definitely kick ass on Kickstarter...

April 25, 2014 5:03:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 25, 2014 6:13:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't maintain the blessed damage mod (it was a fix from a long time ago that was never adopted) So you don't need to change your mod any, don't want to give more work. Plus I don't think there will be any conflict as yours will load later anyway and yours will override anything I've done. But there are some out there that use these little fixes I've done and they can substitute your creation. I tried to maintain the same game dev balance with armor and such since blessed damage will go right through it.

I didn't know they fixed the RNG issue, I just thought they moved the like-lihoods by 10 to fix that issue altogether.

April 25, 2014 7:40:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 25, 2014 8:11:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It only does the blessed damage so just the ten as intended. The pierce defense portion is for the Liches and skeletons and such... these weapons become rather a BEAT STICK to these things. Hence, with the pierce resistance the Liches and Skeletons have a chance at least, but banshees take full effect from the 10 damage from the blessed part. Tries to keep the game somewhat balanced...

It is a different approach, than your approach which makes truly holy weapons that destroy undead with no remorse

April 25, 2014 8:37:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So, to translate for one dense non-modder...

Is Blessed Hammer (still) useless in base game? If so, why?

If I need to download PM's file, do I need to turn on mods?

If this is a known old error, why hasn't this been fixed (if it hasn't) in the base game?

April 25, 2014 8:41:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

The base game Blessed Hammer does absolutely nothing to Banshees as it increases only physical damage to which Banshees are immune.

My mod is a mod and so yes you would need to download my file into the documents modding folder for LH and turn on mods. (I'm sure its the same for Primal Savage's mod)

It is known, but the idea of creating a special damage type for 2 weapons and limited scope might have been overkill? I think that is how the conversation ended 9 months ago. But with the advent of the undead heroes it seems that it might not be so much of an overkill as they can add a few more items to utilize this.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time: