Alpha Centauri II?

By on April 12, 2014 2:41:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

TheBirthday...

Join Date 03/2006
+18

Seems Sid's got a new gaming coming in the fall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYWqE55s24

Can't tell anything at all about the game besides the theme from the trailer. Haven't looked into it more.

Locked Post 30 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 12, 2014 2:59:44 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Is it me are there are lots of 4X games being made lately?

April 12, 2014 3:08:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And I'm buying them all! Golden age of Pc gaming is right now! Diversity has never been higher (indie + kickstarter = win)! Sales have never been higher! Post-release support and modding has never been better! It's a great time to be a pc player.

April 12, 2014 3:23:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Looks awesome

April 12, 2014 3:29:11 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

WHERE DO I PREORDER lol

April 12, 2014 3:50:32 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Sold!

April 12, 2014 3:51:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There goes my everything. Bills will go unpaid, food uneaten, pee unpeed, poop unpooped, and all other life balances, unbalanced. 

Thanks, Firaxis.

April 12, 2014 6:49:03 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Heavenfall- True story!   

April 12, 2014 9:59:31 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

seems like it's a civ 5 mod rather than a new game

kind of like colonization was for civ 4

April 12, 2014 10:16:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The big guerrilla entered the room.

April 13, 2014 2:01:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting The_Biz,

seems like it's a civ 5 mod rather than a new game

kind of like colonization was for civ 4

This appears to be probable.

Which is a shame....really don't like the way civ 5 took the game.

I do like colonization though....will have to spool that up again now that I've been reminded of it.

April 13, 2014 7:49:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
And I'm buying them all!

Damn straight! Have to show our support while we can, if for no other reason than to prove to the bean counters that this is a viable genre.

April 13, 2014 1:34:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks interesting.  Nice graphics.  Will wait to see how players respond to the game when ts been out for 6 months.  BTW, I loved the unit designer in SMAC - still don't understand all the people that hated it -or were confused by it.  Was awesome.  I'm hoping this new game features a variety of truly different planet types for colonies. 

April 14, 2014 3:25:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting XWerewolfX,

There goes my everything. Bills will go unpaid, food uneaten, pee unpeed, poop unpooped, and all other life balances, unbalanced. 

Thanks, Firaxis.
wait for the 50-75% discount 3 months later off steam

April 14, 2014 8:02:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I skipped CIV V after loving CIV IV to death, so I am on the fence here

April 14, 2014 11:07:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,

I skipped CIV V after loving CIV IV to death, so I am on the fence here

I did the same initially.  I finally picked up CiV and G&K when steam had them 90% off or something equally hard to pass up, and I have to say, I quite enjoy it.  Is it better than IV?  That's really up to each individual, but it is good.  BNW just made it better I think, though I don't have nearly as much time on BNW as I do on G&K.  It's been my fall back game when I just can't quite seem to find anything else that motivates me

So, I would imagine that this being built off of a CiV type engine, if not the same one (I didn't read the interview or anything else) shouldn't be that problematic.  Though I will keep on with my rule of never buying at release.

Lately I've been looking at Pandora quite a bit, but from the lets plays I've seen it just feels as though there is something missing from that game, I hope this one addresses that issue.

April 15, 2014 7:06:08 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It looks to be SMAC's successor. The thinking is that EA still holds the rights to it so, ya know, fuck 'em, Firaxis simply changed the title and likely other odds and ends to get away with calling it a seperate IP.

Anyone else notice the intros are almost frame for frame?

April 15, 2014 11:50:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was a big fan, and I would love to buy this, but then I think about Civ V.

They ruined Civ, and I have complete confidence that they'll ruin SMAC.

I'll stick with my good memories.

April 15, 2014 11:53:19 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

April 15, 2014 11:54:07 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting chuck1es,

Civ 5 was dumbed down to gather more players for future purposes. Same for Xcom. (So I tells meself. Much better that reason than that they just didn't give a crap.)

I'm hopeful, but likely won't pre-order for anything.

Stardock still has my trust. Please don't ruffie me...

April 15, 2014 12:02:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I want to be excited about this news, as I love SMAX, but without Reynolds and Meier being directly involved in the project I think it's just going to be a CivV mod that *might* become a full game 2-3 DLC packs later.

April 15, 2014 10:12:29 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well guess I'll know what I'll be doing in Fall....

Monitor 1 - GalCiv3 game

Monitor 2 - Civ Beyond Earth

So it'll be like...

Well just one more turn... Oh you did NOT just take over my planet! Once I get my death fleet up and running... What? Did those Purist bastard just settle near my outpost?! You aer SO dead... You Dregngin scum how dare you reject my uttterly one sided diplomatic trade...

April 17, 2014 8:41:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't really think it's going to me a new SMAC.  I think they intend it to be, but I really doubt that they will recreate that games true sci-fi world.  I imagine I will still greatly enjoy it, but I don't think I will set my hopes for this to be a true new SMAC.

April 17, 2014 10:58:42 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,

I don't really think it's going to me a new SMAC.  I think they intend it to be, but I really doubt that they will recreate that games true sci-fi world.  I imagine I will still greatly enjoy it, but I don't think I will set my hopes for this to be a true new SMAC.

Yeah not sure how uber excited I should be... though it's hard not to just HOPE it's SMAC2.....

I'm more or less scratching that itch with Pandora:First Contact for now....

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: