[eMOD] Path Of The Paladin v1.0

By on April 7, 2014 4:05:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

davrovana

Join Date 05/2009
+61

PALADIN PATH v1.0 by D. Elliot Lamb

Part of Between Life and Death and XtraDeconstruct

Please submit feedback, bugs, and ideas!

DOWNLOAD FROM NEXUSMODS

Installation instructions: See the included README.txt

Credit:

GRAPHICS BY fsemprini and Soronarr

QUESTS TESTED with Elemental Quest Master by parrotmath

STOLE UNITSTAT IDEAS FROM Path Of The Ranger Mod

THANKS to Brad and Derek for making this game and still supporting modders!

COMPATIBILITY:

-Compatible with Children Of Storm, Demons & Wizards, XtraDeconstruct (as of .94), and most other mods.

Why not play as a Sorcerer, too?

73 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 8, 2014 11:09:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sweet!  Thanks for doing this!

April 9, 2014 3:34:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

O No!!!! Another appearance of the dreaded mouse wheel...

My marble mouse has a scroll function attached to one of my buttons, but no actual wheel, so I am unable to zoom in and out in the Elemental Editor, as the game software doesn't recognize the mouse software commands.  Hopefully it might work here...

No worries though, I'm still working on my own stuff at the moment, so it'll be a bit before I take this for a spin.

But I digress.  This has been added to the Regularly Updated List of Mods for E:LH.  Looks like you put a lot of work into this, what with all of the unique quests and such, kudos!

April 9, 2014 10:44:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 19, 2014 1:13:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This looks very cool

April 24, 2014 12:15:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Paladin tree is currently messed up graphically by a bug in the LH v1.6 patch. However, the tree still works correctly, it simply looks jumbled up.

This is likely temporary, the <allegiance> tags involved will probably be working again soon.

April 25, 2014 5:00:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

v1.6 is updated and the paladin tree works again! Thanks Derek and Stardock!

April 29, 2014 7:20:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I goofed when I added your mod to the game so disregard this comment:  http://forums.elementalgame.com/453863/page/1/#3462971

Starting a new 1.6 game now with mod correctly installed...

April 30, 2014 9:55:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NaytchSG,

I goofed when I added your mod to the game so disregard this comment:  http://forums.elementalgame.com/453863/page/1/#3462971

Starting a new 1.6 game now with mod correctly installed...

Let me know if any rewards are incorrect, it's still in beta so bugs are possible. : )

April 30, 2014 11:40:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not seeing paladin as a choice when levelup and I'm using Primal's level up screen modification to show more than 4 (have it set to 8).   I am seeing path of ranger and necromancer from 2 other mods, but not paladin.

Any idea what I should look for in terms of conflicts since I have a lot of mods going?

Does it require a quest to start to provide the option?  Can random champions go paladin or only the Sov?

April 30, 2014 11:49:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jutetrea,

I'm not seeing paladin as a choice when levelup and I'm using Primal's level up screen modification to show more than 4 (have it set to 8).   I am seeing path of ranger and necromancer from 2 other mods, but not paladin.

Any idea what I should look for in terms of conflicts since I have a lot of mods going?

Does it require a quest to start to provide the option?  Can random champions go paladin or only the Sov?

No quest required. The path works for any champion: sovereign, champion, even henchmen, and appears with all other choices in the 'select a path' screen, for me.

Did you try scrolling down? Are the graphics in the Gfx folder? Try a re-install? I am not sure why it doesn't appear for you.

April 30, 2014 12:45:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

April 30, 2014 3:35:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have the same issue of paladin path not showing - all other 4 are there (ninja, ranger, summoner and necromancer) and there's empty space for 10th path yet no paladin. 

Should I rename main folder from paladin 0.91 to maybe paladin only?

April 30, 2014 4:23:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sander454,

I have the same issue of paladin path not showing - all other 4 are there (ninja, ranger, summoner and necromancer) and there's empty space for 10th path yet no paladin. 

Should I rename main folder from paladin 0.91 to maybe paladin only?

That should not be the issue.

Could you possibly give me a list of mods you have installed?

April 30, 2014 4:28:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Actually it works.

Your mod was named paladin mod .91 - I've changed it to 'paladin mod' (removed .91 from the end) only and it appears in game straight after first won battle.

PS - is either that or because I updated Black Bazaar mod to LH v1.6

April 30, 2014 4:52:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sander454,

Actually it works.

Your mod was named paladin mod .91 - I've changed it to 'paladin mod' (removed .91 from the end) only and it appears in game straight after first won battle.

PS - is either that or because I updated Black Bazaar mod to LH v1.6

Ok. Glad to hear it!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the class plays. Too powerful?

April 30, 2014 5:10:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm still new to this game plus my champion is only level 3 now, so it's hard for me to say for now. I will need to play few full games chosing different paths each time before my judgement:)

April 30, 2014 6:28:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sander454,

I'm still new to this game plus my champion is only level 3 now, so it's hard for me to say for now. I will need to play few full games chosing different paths each time before my judgement:)

Sure, whenever you feel you have a basis for feedback, I'd love to hear what you think.

April 30, 2014 10:45:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated with some bug fixes for Searing Light and Shadowlance spells. Slightly modified position of icons in the paladin path skill tree. De-powered the soulblade strike ability and slightly reduced the paladin weakness for being in an army over 5.

May 1, 2014 11:02:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Working well now, renamed the folder - assuming that's what worked.

Like it so far.

The 'Quest for Justice' spell triggered a quest, but it was the standard kill the bandits for the panca archers quest.  Unsure if that was deliberate.

Really like the abilities and the way they're laid out.  

Not sure I like needing the 'sword' that requires modifying all sword items in game - means any other weapon from other mods or other modded swords at all have to be re-modified.   Isn't there an existing 'blade' parameter that could possibly be used?.   Its also very tough to tell what will be considered a 'sword' via description.   Common sense for the most part, but nothing in the descriptions so its the trust that you've caught all the swords being used.

Using the mod (I think professions) which has a profession of gladiator - which beefs up attack and move when running solo, so the top tier was a nice synergy and now have a 1 man army.

Then I took counterattack line because... solo need to do more damage.   Using a non "sword" sword though so not getting all the benefit.

Now I'm taking the arcane line.  

Fun.

BTW - Nice mount quest!

May 2, 2014 1:19:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jutetrea,

Working well now, renamed the folder - assuming that's what worked.

Like it so far.

The 'Quest for Justice' spell triggered a quest, but it was the standard kill the bandits for the panca archers quest.  Unsure if that was deliberate.

Really like the abilities and the way they're laid out.  

Not sure I like needing the 'sword' that requires modifying all sword items in game - means any other weapon from other mods or other modded swords at all have to be re-modified.   Isn't there an existing 'blade' parameter that could possibly be used?.   Its also very tough to tell what will be considered a 'sword' via description.   Common sense for the most part, but nothing in the descriptions so its the trust that you've caught all the swords being used.

Using the mod (I think professions) which has a profession of gladiator - which beefs up attack and move when running solo, so the top tier was a nice synergy and now have a 1 man army.

Then I took counterattack line because... solo need to do more damage.   Using a non "sword" sword though so not getting all the benefit.

Now I'm taking the arcane line.  

Fun.

BTW - Nice mount quest!

I'll take a look at the ability descriptions and see if I can make the sword requirement clearer.

I will strive to make this mod at least Children Of Storm compatible, for version 1.0. As for choosing a parameter, there is no tag I know of that can use the weapon type to give a bonus, only a unitstat makes it possible, and that means adding unitstats to existing weapons. And that means, conflict with any mod that creates new items.

I realize I didn't support new DLC swords, but I'll do that before 1.0 releases.

Did you play that archers quest all the way through? Because the intended quest starts exactly like the original, but then takes a different turn.

Thanks for the feedback!

May 2, 2014 2:09:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

doh, no.   I went into the archers quest with another champion since he was there and then punted off the 2 move archers to the champion to babysit back to the village... wonder if that's why nothing happened.

May 2, 2014 7:06:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

May 2, 2014 10:29:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm just waiting to see if HF is going to update the background stats library for 1.6.

The best thing would be to add "IsSword" and similar to the background stats library used by COS, then just use that for compatibility.

May 16, 2014 10:43:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod is a terrific piece of work and i have been able to run it with dsraider's Blood and Mana mod w/o crashes.  Love the traits and the quests are really well done.  

Look forward to any future classes you put together.  

Thanks again.

May 16, 2014 7:15:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NaytchSG,

This mod is a terrific piece of work and i have been able to run it with dsraider's Blood and Mana mod w/o crashes.  Love the traits and the quests are really well done.  

Look forward to any future classes you put together.  

Thanks again.

Thanks! I mocked up a sorcerer trait tree, but need to find the time to start banging out the tags before I can promise a release time...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: