Jodorowsky's Dune

By on March 21, 2014 9:59:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

TheBirthday...

Join Date 03/2006
+17

A documentary about a Dune that was never made:

http://youtu.be/4WWu1kclNDA

I don't have much to say about it, just thought some here might be interested in it.

Locked Post 8 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 21, 2014 10:16:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

But this was an old idea which never came to fruit. How sad, it looks to be an epic!!! Love the drawings!!  And thanks for posting!

March 21, 2014 3:17:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

March 22, 2014 9:31:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, maybe someone will pick up his ball on this?

March 23, 2014 2:17:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I loved the original Dune and Children of Dune as both were excellent sci-fi mini-series that kept me captivated throughout.  In fact, I enjoyed then that much I shall get out the DVDs and spend the afternoon in front of the TV... and why not, it's Sunday.

Having said that, I do like the idea of somebody picking up the ball on this remake idea, given all the advances in cinematography that could really open up the entire project to encompass anything the imagination can produce, especially if HR Giger is involved in set and creature design and production, as he was in the first 2 series.  I have admired his art and imagination since like forever, so here's hoping it gets to go ahead.

Orright, so who do we petition for something like this???... and if EVERY Stardock member signed it, as well as all their friends and family, we might actually have something going here.

March 23, 2014 12:00:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Its not an attempt to do a version of Dune. This is a documentary about the original Dune movie concept, the one that didn't get made. Giger worked on it, but again it did not get made. I think he did work on David Lynch's version.

March 23, 2014 12:54:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I loved the Lynch movie warts and all.The design is still one of the most unique in the genre.

March 23, 2014 1:03:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ashbery76,

I loved the Lynch movie warts and all.The design is still one of the most unique in the genre.

Its a weird movie though. But then again, what from David Lynch isnt, right?

March 23, 2014 7:01:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TheBirthdayParty,
Its not an attempt to do a version of Dune. This is a documentary about the original Dune movie concept, the one that didn't get made. Giger worked on it, but again it did not get made. I think he did work on David Lynch's version.

Bugger!  And double bugger with gnarls on top.

Still, a modern-day remake with all the bells and whistles available to today's film makers would be fantastic.

Triple bugger! [e digicons]:'([/e]

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: