Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.6 changelog

By on February 18, 2014 3:54:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+173

*** Released 4/23/2014 ***

Features

+ Added the Death Blow ability- +40 attack vs opponents with less than 20 hit points.

+ Added the Master Archer ability- +25 crit chance when using a bow.

+ Added the Dragon Born ability- +1 fire attack / level.

+ Added the ability to have conditional stats that aren’t comparative (it doesn’t need to have a higher stat that the unit, it can just be set to be applied if the enemy has an attack higher than a fixed amount). (for modders)

+ Added the ability to have these conditional modifiers based on either the attacker or the targets unit stats.  (ie: Master Archer is based on the unit having UnitStat_IsBow value that all bows give, Death Blow is based on the target having less than 20 hit points). (for modders)

+ Added a new Chosen Amarian trainable unit (Pariden needed more units in their magic tree).

Fixes

+ Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck on the FE scenario map 2.

+ Fixed the icon on the Amulet of Haste.

+ Fixed an issue with the Plague quest reducing double the required amount of gold.

+ Fixed an issue with the Assassin’s Blade quest not removing the blade if the player opts to destroy it.

+ Fixed an issue with the Haunter quest not removing the correct amount of gold.

+ Fixed an issue with the Trapped Wildings quest giving a goodie result instead of a quest location.

+ Fixed some references to Eblin where he is called Eblis in the Killing Jar quest.

+ Fixed an issue where the Cloak of Stars quest didn’t require you to return to the quest location.

+ Fixed an issue with the Dragon’s Eye quest where you get the reward without completing the quest.

+ Fixed Guardian Wind’s description.

+ Fixed an issue keeping the Dead horseman from being trainable.

+ Fixed an issue keeping the Krax warg rider from being trainable.

+ Fixed an issue keeping the Altarian horseman from being trainable.

+ Fixed an issue where base effect attachments didn’t work on units. (for modders)

+ Quendar Wine will no longer give it's attack bonus permanently.

+ Fixed an issue that was keeping some common items to be passed out from goodie huts.

+ Fixed an issue where units captured from lairs would join the city militia as soon as you entered a city (ie: the beast lord tamed units disappear bug).

+ Fixed an issue causing Mantle of Oceans to reduce tactical spell costs by 60% instead of 40%.

+ Fixed an issue allowing you to rush production when you had a project (like Produce Research) in queue.

+ Fixed an issue causing death warded units to be reborn at full hit points instead of half their normal hit points.

Balance

+ Letters can now be sold in shops (just to allow players to clear them out of their inventory).

+ Reduced the amount of skeletons generated by the Night of Haunted Dreams event.

+ Reduced the training costs of armor slightly.

+ Reduced the metal costs of armor slightly.

+ Switched the Wilding Rider from a group to a party.

+ Reduced the training time for Blunt weapons slightly.

+ Gold veins are slightly more common.

+ Iron Ore is slightly less common.

+ Late game champions boosted:

+ Soliag the Undefeated given the Revenge ability.
+ Mayriam given the Water 3 and Water 4 abilities.
+ Listrid given the Master Archer and Shadow Strike 3 abilities.
+ Gwenneth given the Earth 3 ability.
+ Flurin loses Lethal 1, 2 and 3 and gains Death Blow, Shadow Strike 1, 2, 3 and Precision 2, 3 abilities.
+ Arvyn gains the Endurance 2 and Brute abilities.
+ Adant Verris gains the Quick ability.
+ Thannata gains the Eviscerate and Bleed abilities.
+ Tann the Dragonborn gains the Dragon Born ability.
+ Shimsher gains the Endurance 2 and Brute abilities.
+ Lady Sculla gains the Endurance 2 ability.
+ Norii the Quick gains the Shadow Shift and Charge abilities.
+ Magush gains the Water 4 ability.

+ Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the damage popup to sometimes be incorrect.

+ Increased Poison damage by about 50% (effects of the poison abilities raised from 1/2/4/8 damage to 2/3/6/12 damage).

DLC Quest Pack

+ Fix to support the above issue keeping some common items from being passed out from goodie huts.

DLC Loot Pack

+ Fixed an issue with the Quicksilver Potion not applying its bonus correctly.

+ Fix to support the above issue keeping some common items from being passed out from goodie huts.

DLC Dead World

+ New scene for Morrigan the Risen.

Locked Post 206 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 28, 2014 10:13:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,
Yes, that's it.  We put lots of checks in to keep spell particle effects from making units glow everywhere, which is fine.  But the particles that are directly attached to the unit (ie: a part of the units base design) should always be displayed (with this fix).

@Derek - I seem to get this problem with particles attached to improvements also... so like if you design an improvement in the workshop and add a particle effect.... the particle effect doesn't always show in the strategic map.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Will the above fix address this problem with improvements on the strategic map also?

February 28, 2014 10:21:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tattyhat,

Quoting Leo in WI,
reply 49

Quoting Tattyhat, reply 48I'm waiting to carry on with my beast lord game. No good if my beasts keep deserting.

Probably not gonna be compatible with your old game, most likely you'll have to start a new game for all changes to take affect.

Probably yes.  I still would like to play as a beast lord though, it seemed like it could be fun.  If we all shout loud enough, they might release it as a beta build, then we can get on and play.

I've found the beastlord to be quite overpowered and imo requires balancing.

Imo, being able to tame creatures that you cannot defeat in combat until mid-late game should not be allowed to be tamed in the early game.

A simple fix to this would be to restrict the Tame ability to only being able to target creatures at the casters level or lower. Perhaps have an trait tree to boost the casting potential a bit...

February 28, 2014 11:38:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wouldn't necessarily say it is overpowered, because I've not been as successful in taming all the beasts needed to continue my epic journey. There is a large element of luck and in a game, luck can be circumvented.

Should it be impossible to tame a beast higher level than you? I wouldn't say no.

Should you be unable to tame beasts more powerful than you? no.

Removing the ability to tame beasts like above removes an element of fun for a portion of people, but I would be on the side of a maximum number of beasts that you can tame. Say 4 or 5, while using beast collars have no limitations. I wouldn't mind finding champion beasts that cannot be tamed. Wouldn't mind if there was a specific unit stat boolean that identifies whether a beast can be tamed. (This would prevent some issues with the taming of Ascian or other twisted with that twisted collar)

February 28, 2014 12:00:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not sure if the code allows it, but perhaps the mana cost of tame could be tweaked to be higher if and only if the beast of a much higher level and/or reduce the success rate with taming these beasts. So there's still an element of high risk/high reward for taming them in battle (chances are if you fail to tame them, they'd simply tear you apart in battle).

February 28, 2014 12:12:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Rotlung,

perhaps the mana cost of tame could be tweaked to be higher if and only if the beast of a much higher level and/or reduce the success rate with taming these beasts.

Pretty sure the <Calc> tags could handle a set mana cost, with an additional mana cost of [(Monster level - Player level) * 3]. Or something like that.

Success rate is already naturally affected by level, by the spell resistance and spell mastery bonuses per level. But I suppose one could use custom unitstats to make that even more significant?

February 28, 2014 2:06:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe what tamed beasts need is an upkeep. Whether it be mana or gildar, something to deter the player from going tame-happy ...

February 28, 2014 3:17:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 28, 2014 8:25:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't nerf beastmaster, random maps already mean you could be far away from any tamable beasts.  And if you are playing without reloading saves, your young beastmaster will spend at least a few days in a city healing up and regaining lost mana.  Sometimes more than once!  

And the utility of the trait diminishes during the course of the game, so it is a great early pick, but not as powerful as a mage or warlord in the late game.  

Edit:  and if you play a Summoner from Demons and Wizards, you totally outclass a beastmaster. 

March 1, 2014 3:41:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is there any ETA for 1.6 and will there be a beta on steam?

March 1, 2014 3:44:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

While you're in there, could you guys check on UnitStat_TacticalManaRegen? I don't think it's used anywhere in the vanilla game and I can't get it to do anything at all. Is it just a red herring?

March 1, 2014 4:08:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

IMO unrest penalty is too onerous.  It appears to me that the AI suffers from it since I see a lot of cities with high unrest.  Most of the time it is better to raze a city than try to develop it.

March 2, 2014 12:04:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm still waiting to see if SD will sort out how city defenders are managed when multiple armies attack a city during the same turn.  At the very least, surving defenders should carry over to the next battle during the same turn.  Currently, the defenders just cease to be after the first battle.

To be clear I'm referring to inherent city defenders, not stationed units.

March 5, 2014 7:11:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hurry up Bruce, I want to play a beast master game.  This should have jolly well been fixed in a hot fix, and not have us waiting years for.

Stardocks bill of rights:

2. Gamers shall have the right to demand that games be released in a finished state.

March 6, 2014 3:22:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tattyhat,

Hurry up Bruce, I want to play a beast master game.  

Who's Bruce?

Quoting Tattyhat,

This should have jolly well been fixed in a hot fix,

Are you a Victorian chimney sweep?

March 10, 2014 9:15:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All this stuff is nice, but I'm FAR more concerned with the quests breaking on a regular basis. That is, a multi-part quest starts but it doesn't trigger the flag for the next quest when you complete that portion, breaking the quest and taking up a quest slot. I'd also like to see the end of the "OTHER" scenario (not the fallen enchantress one) as it for some reason never plays the endgame video, no matter how many times you capture the Forge.  I might add that the broken quest problem usually isn't the same multi-part quest all the time, but it seems to happen more often  with ones like the one where you have to bring the noble girl to her estate. Either nothing happens when you get to her estate, or after choosing to battle the bandits when that is required, nothing happens and she is still in your party. Most irritating. Is that something that will be covered in 2.0?

March 10, 2014 11:28:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd still like some of the following issues to be addressed:

1.  The Dead are a mess as far as the AI is concerned and present NO challenge on any level.  I think they can be fixed with some balance.  Giving them some added population growth early somehow could help.

2.  Outposts need some work -- the AI cannot upgrade them at all as they are implemented and they need to be fixed so the AI can use them.  Simplifying them seems appropriate--perhaps just make the Outpost upgrades automatically apply once the appropriate tech is researched.  I always feel like I am cheating when I use them, and it makes the game feel incomplete.

3.  Roaming monsters is at least partially broken.  Monsters should not wander from Wild lands area, nor should monsters wander off of loot nodes in wild lands area.  It makes it far too easy for the AI or players to run around looting the areas without technically clearing the zone.

4.  AI units often end up moving multiple units on to the same square.  I'm guessing this is due to the simultaneous processing of certain moves, but it is very confusing to new players.

5.  Some balance to champions to help them late game.  I like that they have given the late game champions some boosts in the current 1.6, but I think more needs to be done.  I think we all hate having so many useless champions late game--there just isn't enough experience to get them all leveled up.  I'd suggest that Adventurer's Guilds be buildable in all cities and perhaps boosted to give 3xp a turn.  In testing I boosted the output of the single Adventurer's Guild to 5xp and it felt pretty decent.  Allowing them to be built in all cities makes it easier on the AI. An alternative would be simply to allow all heroes to gain 1xp per turn regardless of what they are doing, and allow the Adventurer's Guild to be a special building that provides an addition 3 or 5 XP to garrisoned heroes.

As it stands now, I find that in mid-to-late game I have a bunch of fairly useless champions that only serve to reduce city unrest.  This makes the mid-to-late game rather unsatisfying as far as heroes are concerned, especially considering the game is "Legendary Heroes."  If I'm lucky I'll get governor champions which will have more use late game.  I think the main problem is the result of a few issues: 1)  Champions/Heroes take a fairly long time to level up, and in late game there are far fewer mobs to gain experience off of than earlier in the game and you generally get experience at a slower rate when fighting opposing sovereign armies; 2)  Trained troops in the mid-to-late game are generally very strong compared to all but the highest level heroes that are carrying the best magic weapons. 

Another suggestion would be generally increase the power of looted items across the board.  Looted items are NOT useable by trained squads so they should be at a higher level to reflect the heroes' better abilities with items.

Finally, you could also take a cue from one of the mods, and give Heroes a base increase to stats, including attack, each level.

March 11, 2014 1:44:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can we get a rough estimate as to when this patch might become available?

March 11, 2014 1:55:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raevyrn,

Can we get a rough estimate as to when this patch might become available?

So far the only date we have heard is April. But of course that may change, and there is also the possibility of a beta release of the patch as well before that.

March 11, 2014 5:08:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting GhostMatter,

It's crazy to see the character I created still used and updated in the game!

I love Lady Sculla!  She has a mace that shrinks everyone she hits with it.  She is one of my favorite champions.

And yes, we are looking at sometime in April for this patch.

March 12, 2014 4:49:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting GhostMatter, reply 31
It's crazy to see the character I created still used and updated in the game!

I love Lady Sculla!  She has a mace that shrinks everyone she hits with it.  She is one of my favorite champions.

And yes, we are looking at sometime in April for this patch.

Ok, thanks Derek.  Will probably be shelving until it becomes available then.

March 12, 2014 6:13:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ Fixed an issue causing Mantle of Oceans to reduce tactical spell costs by 60% instead of 40%.

That explains a lot.

March 13, 2014 4:43:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd love to see buildings that are supposed to give +1 sphere of influence work. As of now I can only see the Monument and City Hall work as intended here, and not buildings like for instance the Palace.

This is especially important for us that think playing with human placed buildings and snaky cities are exploitive, boring and gamey.

March 13, 2014 5:12:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting mqpiffle,

I'm still waiting to see if SD will sort out how city defenders are managed when multiple armies attack a city during the same turn.  At the very least, surving defenders should carry over to the next battle during the same turn.  Currently, the defenders just cease to be after the first battle.

To be clear I'm referring to inherent city defenders, not stationed units.

I think it is intended how it works now. Would be cool though if city militia leveled up in experience, and kept their levels. I don't think that works right now, and it's perhaps not intended to work either..

March 13, 2014 7:16:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NorsemanViking,
I'd love to see buildings that are supposed to give +1 sphere of influence work. As of now I can only see the Monument and City Hall work as intended here, and not buildings like for instance the Palace.

The Palace is an upgrade for the Town Hall. It just increases the bonus to Unrest and provides a Growth bonus. The ZOC bonus stays the same (+1).

Quoting NorsemanViking,
I think it is intended how it works now.

I have a hard time believing that, because the AI always has all city defenders available in a battle, no matter how often you attack the city in a turn. Using two different sets of rules for a game mechanic, depending on if it is used by the player or the AI, just doesn't sound like Stardock to me.

March 14, 2014 2:49:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck on the FE scenario map 2.

I hope that it this place:

And when it will be released?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000750   Page Render Time: