Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 1.6 changelog

By on February 18, 2014 3:54:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek Paxton

Join Date 03/2003
+172

*** Released 4/23/2014 ***

Features

+ Added the Death Blow ability- +40 attack vs opponents with less than 20 hit points.

+ Added the Master Archer ability- +25 crit chance when using a bow.

+ Added the Dragon Born ability- +1 fire attack / level.

+ Added the ability to have conditional stats that aren’t comparative (it doesn’t need to have a higher stat that the unit, it can just be set to be applied if the enemy has an attack higher than a fixed amount). (for modders)

+ Added the ability to have these conditional modifiers based on either the attacker or the targets unit stats.  (ie: Master Archer is based on the unit having UnitStat_IsBow value that all bows give, Death Blow is based on the target having less than 20 hit points). (for modders)

+ Added a new Chosen Amarian trainable unit (Pariden needed more units in their magic tree).

Fixes

+ Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck on the FE scenario map 2.

+ Fixed the icon on the Amulet of Haste.

+ Fixed an issue with the Plague quest reducing double the required amount of gold.

+ Fixed an issue with the Assassin’s Blade quest not removing the blade if the player opts to destroy it.

+ Fixed an issue with the Haunter quest not removing the correct amount of gold.

+ Fixed an issue with the Trapped Wildings quest giving a goodie result instead of a quest location.

+ Fixed some references to Eblin where he is called Eblis in the Killing Jar quest.

+ Fixed an issue where the Cloak of Stars quest didn’t require you to return to the quest location.

+ Fixed an issue with the Dragon’s Eye quest where you get the reward without completing the quest.

+ Fixed Guardian Wind’s description.

+ Fixed an issue keeping the Dead horseman from being trainable.

+ Fixed an issue keeping the Krax warg rider from being trainable.

+ Fixed an issue keeping the Altarian horseman from being trainable.

+ Fixed an issue where base effect attachments didn’t work on units. (for modders)

+ Quendar Wine will no longer give it's attack bonus permanently.

+ Fixed an issue that was keeping some common items to be passed out from goodie huts.

+ Fixed an issue where units captured from lairs would join the city militia as soon as you entered a city (ie: the beast lord tamed units disappear bug).

+ Fixed an issue causing Mantle of Oceans to reduce tactical spell costs by 60% instead of 40%.

+ Fixed an issue allowing you to rush production when you had a project (like Produce Research) in queue.

+ Fixed an issue causing death warded units to be reborn at full hit points instead of half their normal hit points.

Balance

+ Letters can now be sold in shops (just to allow players to clear them out of their inventory).

+ Reduced the amount of skeletons generated by the Night of Haunted Dreams event.

+ Reduced the training costs of armor slightly.

+ Reduced the metal costs of armor slightly.

+ Switched the Wilding Rider from a group to a party.

+ Reduced the training time for Blunt weapons slightly.

+ Gold veins are slightly more common.

+ Iron Ore is slightly less common.

+ Late game champions boosted:

+ Soliag the Undefeated given the Revenge ability.
+ Mayriam given the Water 3 and Water 4 abilities.
+ Listrid given the Master Archer and Shadow Strike 3 abilities.
+ Gwenneth given the Earth 3 ability.
+ Flurin loses Lethal 1, 2 and 3 and gains Death Blow, Shadow Strike 1, 2, 3 and Precision 2, 3 abilities.
+ Arvyn gains the Endurance 2 and Brute abilities.
+ Adant Verris gains the Quick ability.
+ Thannata gains the Eviscerate and Bleed abilities.
+ Tann the Dragonborn gains the Dragon Born ability.
+ Shimsher gains the Endurance 2 and Brute abilities.
+ Lady Sculla gains the Endurance 2 ability.
+ Norii the Quick gains the Shadow Shift and Charge abilities.
+ Magush gains the Water 4 ability.

+ Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the damage popup to sometimes be incorrect.

+ Increased Poison damage by about 50% (effects of the poison abilities raised from 1/2/4/8 damage to 2/3/6/12 damage).

DLC Quest Pack

+ Fix to support the above issue keeping some common items from being passed out from goodie huts.

DLC Loot Pack

+ Fixed an issue with the Quicksilver Potion not applying its bonus correctly.

+ Fix to support the above issue keeping some common items from being passed out from goodie huts.

DLC Dead World

+ New scene for Morrigan the Risen.

Locked Post 206 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2014 4:03:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ Added the ability to have conditional stats that aren’t comparative (it doesn’t need to have a higher stat that the unit, it can just be set to be applied if the enemy has an attack higher than a fixed amount) (for modders)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

You da lifesaver. This is going to save me so much headache. Hopefully this will work off any unitstat, and since we can put unitstats on pretty much everything... this means we can do stuff like "deal extra damage against enemies wearing shields". Or with a little ingenuity why not "ignores any dodge the enemy gains from its shield".

For anyone who played Children of Storm, not having this available before is the reason most abilities read like "deal x damage against Immortals unless user is immortal".

Derek Paxton, can we check both user and target unitstats? Not for comparison, but imagine a weapon with two modifiers like so:
1) if user is immortal each strike deals +3 extra cold attack
2) if target is immortal each strike deals +3 extra cold attack

February 18, 2014 4:11:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah I was thinking about you when I added it.  It gets rid of the funkiness you've had to use for making things that give a bonus vs mounted units (as long as you arent mounted) and such.  This way you can just have it give a bonus vs mounted.

All it does, as currently implemented, is replace the attackers stat in the comparison if there is something filled into the BonusValue field on the game modifier.  So no, it allows a check against the supplied number against the targets stats, not the attackers.

It wouldnt be to hard to add the ability to reverse it, I may play with it and try it out.

February 18, 2014 4:26:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That is, after all, the other side of the coin. An ability might read "deal 3 extra damage against shield users" but it might also be "gain +1 dodge while having a shield equipped".

February 18, 2014 5:25:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

First off, WOOT! Can't wait!

Secondly:

Quoting ,

*** UNRELEASED ***

+ Iron Ore is slightly less common

Will the AI value the dimplomatic weight of Iron more by this change? It sucks putting 1000 metal on the trade table and have it worth nothing...

Lastly, I'll be glued to this thread till release.

February 18, 2014 5:34:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Indirectly, es.  The diplomatic value isn't fixed, it depends on the accepting AI's situation.  If they don't want Iron then they value it at 0.  This becomes more common when there is more iron out there.  Reducing it will make the AI less likely to have stockpiles of it and value it higher.

February 18, 2014 5:40:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ New scene for Morrigan the Risen

Drat and I just put the effort into making one of my own for him.

February 18, 2014 6:12:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

That is, after all, the other side of the coin. An ability might read "deal 3 extra damage against shield users" but it might also be "gain +1 dodge while having a shield equipped".

K, got it working either way.

February 18, 2014 6:27:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Modder support at this point is pretty cool. Thanks Derek.

February 18, 2014 9:00:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I no longer need to Lurk. It has been quiet, oh so quiet.

February 18, 2014 9:00:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Any chance of fixing this ongoing issue: 

http://forums.elementalgame.com/451473/page/1/#3440960

February 18, 2014 10:12:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Derek,

This is a great start.  Here are some issues that I've seen discussed elsewhere:

1.  The Beastmaster trait and tamed creatures bug.  Any news on this?

2.  The Dead are a mess as far as the AI is concerned and present NO challenge on any level.  I think they can be fixed with some balance.  Giving them some added population growth early somehow could help.

3.  The AI still has wonky behavior as far as how it expands and uses units.

4.  Outposts need some work -- the AI cannot use them as implemented and they need to be fixed so the AI can use them.  Simplifying them seems appropriate.  I always feel like I am cheating when I use them. 

5.  Roaming monsters is at least partially broken.  Monsters should not wander from Wild lands area, nor should monsters wander off of loot nodes in wild lands area.  It makes it far too easy for the AI or players to run around looting the areas without technically clearing the zone.

6.  Crashing of the game in mid-late game.  The game has a tendency to crash sporadically in late game when there are lots of units/cities/etc.

7.  AI units often end up moving multiple units on to the same square.  I'm guessing this is due to the simultaneous processing of certain moves, but it is very confusing to new players.

8.  Summoning bugs.  Sometimes AI units like Demons or the Wildling Shamen fail to cast their summons.  There is a notification and sound effect that they have cast the summon spell but no summon appears.

9.  Some balance to champions.  As it stands now, I find that in mid-to-late game I have a bunch of fairly useless champions that only serve to reduce city unrest.  This makes the mid-to-late game rather unsatisfying as far as heroes are concerned, especially considering the game is "Legendary Heroes."  If I'm lucky I'll get governor champions which will have more use late game.  I think the main problem is the result of a few issues: 1)  Champions/Heroes take a fairly long time to level up, and in late game there are far fewer mobs to gain experience off of than earlier in the game and you generally get experience at a slower rate when fighting opposing sovereign armies; 2)  Trained troops in the mid-to-late game are generally very strong compared to all but the highest level heroes that are carrying the best magic weapons. 

Possible fixes:

1) Make the later game acquired champions start with higher level or skills.

2) Provide a way for champions to gain experience late game to catch up--I've tried increasing the experience gain of the Adventurer's Guild to 5 per season and that seems to be helpful (I think you could also make it so an experience benefiting building could be built in every city).

3) Provide a way to research hero-only useable items that are stronger than the current researchable weapons that can be used by troops, but not as strong as the best loot.  Currently all of the researched weapons are generally not good enough for heroes because they are designed so that the trained units can use them as well.

4) Generally increase the power of looted items across the board--I've been increasing the power of hero-only ranged weapons and that has been a help.

February 19, 2014 12:51:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Derek Paxton,

Quoting Heavenfall, reply 3

February 19, 2014 2:38:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
Quoting Derek Paxton, reply 7

Quoting Heavenfall, reply 3

Yep that's awesome, thanks Derek & HF.

Fixed an issue where base effect attachments didn’t work on units (for modders)

Not sure what this one means.... particle effect attachments or something else?

February 19, 2014 2:57:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking forward to some of these changes. Can't wait to see what changes are in store for this future update.

Edit: Also, looking for the building rotation fix. Don't like deleteing and rebuilding my dock just to make it look right... my OCD refuses it to look wrong.

February 20, 2014 9:45:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

Edit: Also, looking for the building rotation fix. Don't like deleteing and rebuilding my dock just to make it look right... my OCD refuses it to look wrong.

lolz! I've blown up entire cities because I couldn't get that dock to look right.

Request:

Considering how the hills/mountains flatten when you build/expand your city on an adjacent tile, is it possible to reduce this effect? Allow for sharper changes in elavation and only when the city expand onto the tile, reduce it's height to city level?

As you can probably tell from my comments above, I place alot of importance towards making my cities look just right....I also love having the enviroment around me just right. In the case of hills, I'd much rather build into the side of a hill than have the hill flatten so I can build. In the case of mountains, you can't build on mountains anyways, so can most of the shape of the mountain be maintained?

Is such a thing possible?

February 20, 2014 5:08:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 20, 2014 5:12:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

*** UNRELEASED ***

+ Late game champions boosted:

Love this change. Thank you.

Upon reaching X fame (I forget the amount...but I think you know what I mean) where instead of receiving another high level champion, you receive a random level champion.

Is it possible to extend those fame levels to reduce the chance of getting bad heroes late game?

February 20, 2014 5:33:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some good changes so far.

There are a few easy fixes to quest items that probably should make the cut.  One example that comes to mind is the one with the guy trapped in ice.  I believe the end reward is a Hailstone Staff, although the Hailstone Staff is really worse than the fire staff you get as an intermediary step in the quest because of the Initiative penalty on the Hailstone Staff.  That's because the Hailstone Staff is an item that you can research and has weakened stats for troop balance.  I think there may be another quest or two with a similar reward that isn't really useful to champions.

As a design theme, I think all quest rewards, being "loot" items and thus not usable by troops, should at least be designed with champions in mind.  I understand that items you "research" that can be equipped by troops should have a weaker strength--this also makes sense because Champions should have the best items and also be able to use them better (because they are heroes!).  However, some quest rewards are really suboptimal.

February 20, 2014 7:28:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The report on 1.6 is good info, glad to see information starting to flow.  Did I miss the ETA?

Fezziwig, I'd go one step farther, or sideways, or whatever, and add that quest rewards (beyond the very earliest ones, at least) should be unique, and never found in goodie huts.  I had a game with 3 Heartseekers, for example, and another with 2 Druss blades.  Also, some fairly generic weapons (like Brutal Trog Scimitar, or Floating Maul), which have high attack values but no other special abilities, have surprisingly high level requirements.  These might be tweaked.

February 20, 2014 8:15:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting bralex,

The report on 1.6 is good info, glad to see information starting to flow.  Did I miss the ETA?

Fezziwig, I'd go one step farther, or sideways, or whatever, and add that quest rewards (beyond the very earliest ones, at least) should be unique, and never found in goodie huts.  I had a game with 3 Heartseekers, for example, and another with 2 Druss blades.  Also, some fairly generic weapons (like Brutal Trog Scimitar, or Floating Maul), which have high attack values but no other special abilities, have surprisingly high level requirements.  These might be tweaked.

Sounds great to me!

February 21, 2014 7:19:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There is a simple fix for late game hero acquisition, but I don't mind remodding it into my game every patch.

Personal Mod changelog for CoreImprovements 2/19/2014 updated for LH Ver 1.50

Changed Adventurer's Guild to give 3% of a level per season instead of .25 xp per season, thus making it actually useful in some way. Also, increased cost from 540 to 640, and removed 1 per faction requirement, allowing it to be built in (theoretically) any city to provide administrators with a leveling process.

Here's how:

<ImprovementType InternalName="AdventurersGuild">
  <DisplayName>Adventurer's Guild</DisplayName>
  <Description>Champions gain 3% of a level per season when stationed in a city with an adventurer's guild.</Description>
  <RequiresCity>1</RequiresCity>
  <BarredTerrain>River</BarredTerrain>
  <BarredTerrain>SwampTerrain</BarredTerrain>
  <PreferredTerrain>City</PreferredTerrain>
  <PreferredTerrain>Category:Land</PreferredTerrain>
  <PreferredTerrain>Forest</PreferredTerrain>
  <Prereq>
    <Type>Tech</Type>
    <Attribute>Heroes</Attribute>
  </Prereq>
  <LaborToBuild>640</LaborToBuild>
  <GameModifier>
    <ModType>StationedUnitStatBonus</ModType>
    <StrVal>UnitStat_Experience</StrVal>
    <StrVal2>OnlyChampions</StrVal2>
    <Value>3</Value>
    <Operator>%</Operator>
    <Provides>Champions gain 3% of a level per season when stationed in a city with an adventurer's guild.</Provides>
  </GameModifier>
  <AIData AIPersonality="AI_General">
    <AIPriority>5</AIPriority>
    <AITag>CommandPost</AITag>
  </AIData>
  <ArtDef>Art_AdventurersGuild</ArtDef>
</ImprovementType>

February 21, 2014 10:56:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

+ Fixed an issue where base effect attachments didn’t work on units. (for modders)

Derek, could you elaborate a bit on this? I don't quite understand what it fixes. Is this the problem where effects are attached immediately in the unittype, and sometimes fail to show up in-game?

February 21, 2014 12:10:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A little disappointed that nothing is done for fixing the Dead faction AI, but the patch looks good overall (fixes list is superb). I wonder if this also includes the fixes for tamed beasts disappearing as you have them enter a city, and if auto-resolve has been fixed to not have units suddenly stop doing anything (refer to the dragons in auto-resolve thread for details).

Edit: Tamed beasts bug fix is indeed reported in the changelog.

February 21, 2014 1:16:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

Derek, could you elaborate a bit on this? I don't quite understand what it fixes. Is this the problem where effects are attached immediately in the unittype, and sometimes fail to show up in-game?

Yes, that's it.  We put lots of checks in to keep spell particle effects from making units glow everywhere, which is fine.  But the particles that are directly attached to the unit (ie: a part of the units base design) should always be displayed (with this fix).

February 21, 2014 1:26:24 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Nice. More things that I can fix with my stuff, and probably more goodies you can do there for DLC.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001297   Page Render Time: