Quest Spawn Help

By on February 15, 2014 10:12:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

anc43

Join Date 10/2013
+7

How does one cause an Item to spawn a quest? Do you have to have the player actively Use the quest generating item, and what parameters are required? Or is there a parameter in quests themselves, random or otherwise,  that checks for an item as a prerequisite before the quest will spawn,?

Locked Post 8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 15, 2014 10:21:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It is a variant on the random Quest Map item, but customised to do a specific quest.  I'm sure someone on these forums knows the correct XML syntax, otherwise you could try search (although admittedly the Search function is not the best).  I've done it before, but I'm not sure if I still have the files.

February 15, 2014 11:28:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have s similar idea with the Quest Map item, I was just examining the item info now. Just not sure what command would activate a specific quest, rather than simply start a random one. Any help anyone could provide, I would be only TOO grateful.

February 15, 2014 11:56:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 15, 2014 12:00:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

<GameModifier>
            <ModType>Map</ModType>
            <Attribute>CreateQuestNearTile</Attribute>
            <BoolVal1>1</BoolVal1>
            <Unitclass>Quest_Name</Unitclass>
            <Value>3</Value>
            <Provides>Spawns a quest within 3 tiles</Provides>
        </GameModifier>

February 15, 2014 12:08:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 16, 2014 10:50:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for all those who responded to my requests for information, and working hard on my Mod and hope to put it into DropBox soon.

February 27, 2014 8:15:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is a good idea. I've noticed that creating non-random event quests can be spotty - no guarantee they'll spawn (the force spawn tag in elementaldefs does not seem to work).

but if you can give an item, and that item can spawn exactly the custom quest you created, thar be possibilities...

February 27, 2014 11:39:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've seen what davrovana has mentioned happen.  I had some 'turn based' quests with ridiculously high spawn rates to kick in on a given turn, but if two quests spawned on the same turn, only one would kick in, and the other would be lost forever...  That 'Create Quest Near Tile' tag intrigues me...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time: