Avalon Faction

By on February 14, 2014 10:15:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

anc43

Join Date 10/2013
+7

I'm working on a new high-powered Arthurian faction called Avalon with a powerful custom sovereign, champion and custom items specially created for this faction leaders.  This faction is intended for play at higher difficulty levels to make it more possible to win without having to nerf the computer or cheat. I have a question...how does one set certain quests to only appear for a certain faction, hero, or only for the human player, rather than the AI factions? Is it possible, and would it be difficult to implement? Thank you for taking the time to read this, and God bless.

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 14, 2014 10:39:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 14, 2014 10:55:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

I don't have much experience w/ quests, but I would look into that tag.

<AICanGoOnQuest>0</AICanGoOnQuest>

Most clever and observant, I will give it a try.  Is there such a thing as resistance to Death magic in this game? I think I remember such a state with a mod, I THINK the one dealing with adding new spells, it was for the original Fallen Enchantress, but most of the spells seemed to work in LE too. I think it would be a bang-up idea for my faction to be resistant (and in some cases, immune) to Death magic, as holy warriors should be. I would also like to see a way to make the undead monsters and The Dead faction immune to same simply  because they don't have life force in the normal sense, Death magic should not be able to physically damage them. Of course, as a corollary, spells that specially affect the Undead and The Dead faction would be nice, Life spells that damage, debuff  and destroy them outright, Death spells that buff and take control them. What do you think?

February 14, 2014 11:15:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 14, 2014 11:17:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think the only way you can give factions unique quests is through giving them items that create quests.

No you can't be immune to death magic as it is not a damage type. You can be immune to fire because all fire spells do fire damage but death spells do many different things.

February 15, 2014 12:43:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Rather a pity really, in that it would make sense for certain creatures to be immune or highly resistant to spells base on the Death school. Is it possible, then, to create entirely new damage types, such as Holy, Unholy, Profane, Negative, Positive, that affect different creature/race types differently? Or are you pretty much locked in to the predetermined damage types such as cold, fire, piercing etc?

February 15, 2014 7:41:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

I'm working on a new high-powered Arthurian faction called Avalon with a powerful custom sovereign, champion and custom items specially created for this faction leaders.  This faction is intended for play at higher difficulty levels to make it more possible to win without having to nerf the computer or cheat. I have a question...how does one set certain quests to only appear for a certain faction, hero, or only for the human player, rather than the AI factions? Is it possible, and would it be difficult to implement? Thank you for taking the time to read this, and God bless.

There seems to be some confusion in how LH handles race. Race should presumably refer to, for example, Men, rather than Altar, which is a political Faction, rather than the actual race extraction. The same goes for Mancers, that appears to be is racial bloodline subtype of the core Race Men, which is what the Capitar Faction actually consists of, not Capitar as a race per se. NB that ALL Kingdom factions appear to be essentially Human, and though there are cosmetic differences in appearance and differences in racial blood abilities, they are considerable commonalities.

The Fallen, on the other hand, seems quite different. The Fallen races have quite different appearances and do not appear to be at all similar, and the Wraith Race appears to be simply a corrupted and distorted version of Men, rather than a Fallen race, per se.

What I would like to see is the ability to create entirely new race/bloodline types, such as Children of the Storm and, if memory serves, the mod Heroic Pursuits seems to accomplish, rather than just a faction, which is simply  a political construct based around a core race/bloodline, rather than a race per se.

February 15, 2014 8:02:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

NB: I apologize for the duplicate post. For some reason, the Edit I made to my previous post created an entirely new post, rather than just altering my previous one. "Curiouser and curiouser," as the Mad Hatter would say.

There seems to be some confusion in how LH handles race. Race should presumably refer to, for example, Men, rather than Altar, which is a political Faction, rather than the actual race extraction. The same goes for Mancers, that appears to be is racial bloodline subtype of the core Race Men, which is what the Capitar Faction actually consists of, not Capitar as a race per se. NB that ALL Kingdom factions appear to be essentially Human, and though there are cosmetic differences in appearance and differences in racial blood abilities, they are considerable commonalities.

The Fallen, on the other hand, seems quite different in that it appears to both a Race/bloodline type AND a political construct as well. The Fallen races have quite different appearances and do not appear to be at all similar in physical characteristics. The Wraith and Krax Races appears to be different from this in that the Wraiths simply appear to be a corrupted and distorted version of Men using the Fallen political construct, rather than a Fallen "Race" as such . The same goes for the Krax, who could be considered to be traitorous Men, rather than Fallen Race, although they use the Fallen Political template.

What I would like to see is the ability to create entirely new race/bloodline types, such as Children of the Storm and, if memory serves, the mod Heroic Pursuits seems to accomplish, rather than just a faction, which is simply  a political construct based around a core race/bloodline, rather than a race per se.[/quote]

February 15, 2014 12:58:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 16, 2014 10:49:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I may just be obtuse, but what does this interesting parameter "MagicResistNONEXIST" mean?

February 16, 2014 10:50:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you for all those who responded to my requests for information, and working hard on my Mod and hope to put it into DropBox soon.

February 16, 2014 1:39:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 16, 2014 3:26:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You can also trigger a quest to occur when you have a certain amount of a resource. This is a flexible method since you can make a custom resource and make pretty much anything that gives it to you (a quest, item, level trait). The syntax is as follows:

Code: xml
  1.         <TriggerType>FactionResourceLevel</TriggerType>
  2.         <TriggerStringData>YourCustomResourceHere</TriggerStringData>
  3.         <TriggerData>1</TriggerData>

Put the resource that you want to trigger the event in TriggerStringData, and TriggerData has the amount of the resource that will trigger the quest. So this example will trigger a quest as soon as the value of the resource "YourCustomResourceHere" is 1 or more.

February 16, 2014 5:21:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, I've seen that with a mod with a resource he called Arclite (I think). It would be interesting to make a Wood resource and require a certain amount for each bow and staff type weapon you use on a unit.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time: