COMING SOON[ish] - 2 New Paths for Champions

By on February 14, 2014 12:13:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

davrovana

Join Date 05/2009
+60

Some time before April, I expect to release 2 new Path traits for champions:

PALADIN and SORCERER.

New abilities, new spells, new champions, new styles of play!

Stay tuned!

Locked Post 17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 14, 2014 7:36:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi!

I started to make a Cleric path but I have no more time to finish. Would you like to receive the files to see if you can use on your paladin path?

February 14, 2014 11:03:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting fsemprini,

Would you like to receive the files to see if you can use on your paladin path?

Well the kingdom paladin is already done, it's the anti-paladin and sorcerer I am still working on (The Paladin strays a little from traditional D&D definition - he can almost be played as a battlemage).

That said, I'd love to see what you've done, and maybe you can make it even better. If I have your permission to insert some of the concepts, we might make an even better paladin path. Despite my love of the classic D&D paladin archetype, the Paladin needs to fit this game, not the other way around.

However, if your cleric doesn't fit for whatever reason, how would you feel about me just fleshing out the cleric and releasing a Cleric Path in the future (Or a new path under another name)?

February 14, 2014 1:21:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am really looking forward to your Paladin and Sorcerer release.

I was hesitant to play with the Ranger mod at first as I don't like changing the game too much from what the developers originally intended...I mostly like adding more content with the mods I use. In any case I tried the Ranger and LOVE it. Great addition. Doesn't stray at all from the realm of elemental. Imo, I do think the level up's are a little overpowered compared to the others....but I suppose that balanced out in the fact that you need a ranged hero to make it so.

For the Paladin:

I am curious as to what you've done for the Kingdom styled Paladin. You mention D&D which is an excellent basis of comparison. The D&D's Paladin is very defensive with healing.....like a cross between a Defender and a Healer. I am wondering how you intent to pull that off without diving too much into the existing features found in LH's defender and mage (for healing).

For the sorcerer:

I am really curious how you plan to pull this off. LH's mage is already a strong mix of D&D's wizard and sorcerer. Do you plan on rejigging the Mage into a Wizard?

In any case, you have my support in the development of these and when the time comes I'll pitch in with the balance suggestions. (unfortunately I'm horrible at coding and graphics so I can't help you on those fronts.)

Lastly, in the Ranger's thread fsemprini was kind enough to modify the TraitPathChoiceWnd.dxpack file such that the Ranger was on the same level as the other path choices. I am hoping that the Paladin and Sorcerer can be added to that list....not sure if 8 can go in a row....

February 14, 2014 1:33:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I sent you the files via DM.

You can do whatever you want. My initial idea was to create a new resource called Faith that the clerics would use instead of Mana to cast exclusive spells. I created some buldings that generate Faith and used some of the skills from the Demon and Wizards mod.

You can save the files in the Mod folder to check.

GFireflyE

I can try later!

February 14, 2014 1:34:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting fsemprini,

GFireflyE

I can try later!

Woot!

Thanks.

February 14, 2014 5:14:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

GFireflyE-

Maybe I'll send you some of the files as I approach release. I think I've found a way to make the Sorcerer distinct enough from Mage that he represents a different way to use magic- but I am sure feedback will help make him better. His strategic spells in particular have to be balanced so they are not too powerful (but then again, the in-game mage is amazing, so should I go ahead and let the sorcerer be that powerful?)

As for modding how the new paths show up, part of the reason I even went ahead with the sorcerer was to make scrollling down for more paths look better.  : )

But when it's near release time, maybe there's a better way.

February 14, 2014 5:17:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

February 14, 2014 7:13:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking forward to this.  Thank you!

February 14, 2014 7:45:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting davrovana,

GFireflyE-

Maybe I'll send you some of the files as I approach release.

You are welcome to do so. I would love the opportunity.

March 4, 2014 3:44:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

UPDATE-

To give the Paladin an element of 'role-playing,' (that which makes the D&D paladin such an interesting class to play) I am toying with quest-seeking spells that lead to small and large decisions of moral consequence.

The sorcerer concept is mapped out, I just need to finish writing out the tags and playtest him.

Anti-paladin still in the works.

March 9, 2014 6:37:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for giving to us "evil guys" the Anti-Paladin!

Now, I will safely conquer the world of elemental knowing that an evil class will emerge!

March 9, 2014 11:39:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sunray242,

Thanks for giving to us "evil guys" the Anti-Paladin!

Gonna give him a damage bonus against Paladins, but not the other way around. : )

March 11, 2014 1:15:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Update: Paladin and Anti-Paladin both have complete tress, with many new abilities and spells. Both paladins require long-bladed swords (broadswords, longswords, or greatswords) to unlock abilities.

Now working on a path-based quest pack (shooting for 10 new quests total) to give these ideaology-based warriors ways to express their character. Hoping this adds a new dimension to playing LH.

Sorcer may be delayed until I can get the quests done.

March 12, 2014 7:22:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for working on this, the good/evil quests are a great game mechanic.

March 16, 2014 11:53:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Using parrotmath's Elemental Quest Master program to make the quests for the paladin and anti-paladin. Everyone should use it, if you're making quests! He really did an amazing job with it.

Thinking of using this for the sorcerer to make a 'craft your own sorcerer staff' quest. We'll see if time allows.

March 30, 2014 11:58:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The paladin, with quests, has proven to be a much bigger project than anticipated. However, it is very nearly complete (just finishing the quests now).

I'll release the v.91 beta of the paladin path within roughly a week, and the sorcerer will follow sometime afterwards.

When new unitstats tags come along with LH 1.6, I'll update the paladin mod to v1.0.

April 7, 2014 4:06:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ohmigod! The Paladin path beta is posted!

Here!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time: