[eMod][LH] Blood & Mana

Racial Diversity Mod

By on February 5, 2014 11:00:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DsRaider

Join Date 11/2008
+69

This mod is a compilation of some of my other work plus some unique stuff. It started off with me throwing around a bunch of ideas for unique racial traits to make the units every faction can design much more unique. After working on my AI mod and sorting through all the default units anyway I ended up just making a version of that mod where I added in a bunch of the new traits to the custom units I had created. While I was at it I decided to throw in my armor diversity mod because it's very similar, and adding in some of the monster units from my Age of Fangs mod, which nobody uses anyway.  Below is a small sample of some of the custom icons for the new traits.

Contains...

- 60+ New unique and fun unit traits. Not simply copies of existing traits.

- Reworked all existing units to use new traits, and added dozens more.

- Reworked AI to make it smarter and more difficult without any cheating or gameplay changes.

- A unique monster for every race.

- 11 New faction traits.

- Graphical changes to some armors to make certain races look more unique.

- 2 New races and factions with interesting sovereigns.

- Rebalanced and changed graphics for Umber.

- Replaced city defender archers with Defensive Towers.

- A dozen new items for troops and champions.

- Several new spells.

- Much more.

New Traits and Creatures

(C) = For Champions, (U) For Designed Units

Amarian
Pride: +1 attack -5 dodge (U)
Spell Guard: +10 spell resist. Grants Counterspell. (UC)
Contemplative: -1 initiative, +12 spell mastery and spell resistance. (C)
Arcane Analysis: Ability that reduces target resistance and armor. (C)

Djinn: A lightning spirit controlled by Amarian magic. Has Lightning Form and Storm.

Altarian
Hope:+ 3 critical chance. +25% crit damage. (UC)
Slayer: +20% damage versus Twisted, and Undead. (UC)
Duelist: +5 Dodge, +25% counterstrike damage. (U)
Hound: Summons a hound at start of combat. (C)

They already have Henchmen so they get no new monster unit.

Ironeer
Stubborn: Unit becomes invulnerable for 3 turn. (UC)
Heavy: +1hp, cannot be knocked prone. (UC)
Weathered: +20 resistance to fire, ice, and lightning damage. (UC)

They already have Iron Golems so they get no new monster unit.

Tarthian
Guerrilla: +1 move and + 2 initiative when below 50% health. (UC)
Camouflage: + 5 dodge +10 dodge versus ranged (UC)
Trapper: Stuns random unit at start of combat. (UC)
Boola: Range 5 Knockdown ability.  (UC) -Item

Huntress: A Tarthan Rider mounted on a Stalker. Has Pounce ability which allows it to teleport short distances and do damage.

Mancer
Fortune: +5 dodge, +5 accuracy, +5 spell resistance. (UC)
Bounty Hunter: +2 to Armies Attack vs Champions (UC)
Quality Gear: +15% Attack and Defense (UC)

War Golem: Defensive stone golem for Capitar.

Krax
Brace: +1 Counterattack when Defending, +25% to Counterattack damage. (UC)
Vain: +20% attack and +2 initiative as long as unit is at full health. (UC)
Backstab: Doubles Swarm Bonus. (UC)

Hergon Crusher: A Kraxis soldier mounted on a Hergon. Immune to Swarm, has Stomp ability.

Trog
Powerful: +20 chance to daze with any weapon. (UC)
Boiling Blood: Upon attack this unit gains +1 initiative. Stacks. (UC)
Bulk: +2 attack, -5 to dodge and accuracy. (U)
Physique: +0.5 hitpoints per level, +1 Defense. (UC)

They already have Juggernauts so they get no new monster unit.

Wraith
Enshadowed: + 8 dodge, spell resistance. (UC)
Death Touch: Units attacked by this unit lose regeneration and take 1 damage  per turn. (UC)
Grave Rise: Unit is knocked down for 2 turns but fully heals. (UC)

Revenant: A undead spirit controlled by the Wraiths. Has Frozen Hands and Soul Feed.

Quendar
Sharp Scales:+2 defense. Units attacking this unit take 1 damage multiplied by troop size. (UC)
Dread: Units attacking this unit have a 25% chance to be pushed back 1 space. (UC)
Predator: +1 initiative, + 7 accuracy.  

Salamander: A Quendar mounted on a huge fire Skath. Can Breath fire to do damage in a line to 3 tiles.

Urxen
Nomad: +1 Movement, +25 Cold resistance. (UC)
Reflex: +1 Defense, Immunity to Critical Hits. (UC)
Hardy: +1hp per level, immunity to poison. (UC)

War Ogre: Hulking Empire unit for Urxen. Can Throw Boulders

Dead
Hollow: + 5 Dodge, + 10 Ranged Dodge. (UC)
Plague Carrier: Attacking or being attacked by this unit poisons you for 1-2 damage every turn. (UC)
Dark Link: Restores 1/3 of health for 15 mana. (UC)

Bone Golem: Can harvest the bones of other units granting it 30 health on kills and the ability to consume allies for 30 health.

Hashaini
Light Footed: + 5 Dodge, +1 initiative. (UC)
Paranoid: Immunity to Swarm (UC)
Vital Target: +5 to Critical Hit, +10% to Critical Hit Damage. (UC)

Ogre Bloods: A group of 3 huge Defenders with Arching Shield Bash.

Hundura
Reach: + 20 Dodge against units with lower initiative . (UC)
Rash: +1 Moves for the first 3 turns of combat. (UC)
Steady: -1 Initiative and +8 Dodge and Accuracy. (UC)

War Golem: Defensive stone golem. In Progress.

Other

-Each mage staff now grants a multi target spell with casting time of one.

-Enchanters now unlocks a lower level lightning staff and some lightning accessories.

*A Revenant, a Djinn, and a Bone Golem.

Component Mods

As I said above this mod contains a lot of content from some of my other mods. This is because of two main reasons. Firstly it was just easier to throw them in and secondly I have enough mods now that a compilation would simplify things and make it easier on people to download. A lot of the content from Age of Fangs is missing because I felt it didn't really fit or would have required changing core files. I pretty much just stole the unique racial monsters.

AI+ - This mod is for everyone looking for a more challenging AI. It changes AI priorities and changes the units they have available to build.

Armor Visuals Mod - Changes the look of the armor for several races.

Age of Fangs - This mod completely reworks how factions recruit monsters and special units. The ability to recruit special units is tied to a new resource called tokens, which are produced by Primitive Villages.

Additional Traits and Races - In addition to several new faction traits the latest version includes includes two completely new races known as the Hashaini and the Hunduran. These new factions have custom units and traits. This mod also replaces and redesigns Capitar and Umber in order to make them more interesting and complete.

City Spires - This mod removes City Archers from the game and replaces them with towers. These towers are ranged units that will defend your cities and scale much better over time. Along with some small bonuses over city archers they mainly have much higher defense and they will use the best bows available. Upon death the units in the tower will die and no other units will be able to walk on the tower tile.

Sovereign Customization - In this mod I have created a bunch of new traits and items for existing and custom sovereigns. Also I have spiced up the existing champion histories by giving them more effects and some unique spells.

Download

Version 1a.

Get it from Nexus here.

To install put xml files into the Documents\My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods folder, the contents of Gfx into the Gfx folder in the mod folder, and the Tiles and Effects folders into the MyGames/LegendaryHeroes folder.

If you don't have the Leader Pack simply remove the (BM)Dlc5_Sovs.xml file.

Compatible with Black Market Bazaar and Champion Bonanza

Locked Post 39 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 6, 2014 8:23:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Really interesting stuff...  I like it.    Great icons.

Couple of feedback things....

> Stubborn: Unit becomes invulnerable for 3 turn. (UC)

Sounds rather powerful as a unit trait if you can give this to all trained units?  I get that you have to sacrifice a turn to use it but if you combined it with a +init trait of some sort to get in first I think the AI would really struggle to deal with it.  I like the concept just seems like it would be really nasty.

> Boiling Blood: Upon attack this unit gains +1 initiative. Stacks. (UC)

Cool idea that one.

Enshadowed: + 8 dodge, spell resistance. (UC)

Not sure I like the idea of giving Wraiths easy access to more dodge from a balance perspective.  The other 2 Wraith trait ideas are neat though.

(I also really dig that Revenant unit by the way, looks great).

> Dread: Units attacking this unit have a 25% chance to be pushed back 1 space. (UC)

Very cool.

February 6, 2014 10:12:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The first beta, v0a, is out.

I would really appreciate any feedback on bugs or balance people can give me. I am looking for everything from this monster is to tough, this trait doesn't work, to this team builds too many archers to be a threat.

Thanks for the interest Abob101.

February 6, 2014 1:38:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This Mod has been added to the Regularly Updated List of Mods for E:LH.  I put it under Extensive Mods for now, and listed it above your other Extensive Mods, as some of those mods are referenced, and are partially/mostly incorporated into this mod.

You mentioned this being a Beta, so if this gets past 'Beta' status and you are able to accomplish everything via the Mods folder, I'm not sure if it should be listed as a Simple Mods instead, as your instructions seem fairly straightforward.  It does make a fair number of changes though, so Extensive still might be more appropriate.  I'll keep tabs on your progress.

February 6, 2014 3:59:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Here is a little preview of the unique Dead monster, the Bone Golem. It can harvest the bones of other units granting it 30 health on kills and the ability to consume allies for 30 health. Now I need to come up with some traits for the Dead.

February 9, 2014 11:04:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Undead traits I came up with are as follows...

Hollow: + 5 Dodge, + 10 Ranged Dodge. Not original I know.

Plague Carrier: Attacking or being attacked by this unit poisons you for 1-2 damage every turn.

Dark Link: Restores 1/3 of health for 15 mana.

I have also thrown in a small growth of 1-2 on the undead pop buildings so they don't stall. I also removed Undying Curse as a trainable trait and added the ability to build graveyards on grain resources which in turn spawn special Undying units with Undying Curse.

I'm currently working on adding Additional factions and Races to the Compilation.  I was originally going to keep them separate but whatever. Anyone have any ideas for Hundura's monster unit or unique traits? I won't be  updating this until I get some feedback....

February 9, 2014 12:40:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi DsRaider, long time no see.

Here are some thoughts:

* Hundura heavy lances need to be updated to the latest patches balance, middle one needs 11 damage and last tier needs 18 damage.

* i think something along the lines of a Nightmare horse would be cool for Hundura, if that's too dark for them then maybe an unicorn or something but those would be kinda "bland" looking .

* The chest piece of the leather armor for the wraith looks too white, kinda like its missing a texture.

* I think the wraith Revenant should cost less crystal and have a cost of metal, this would give them something to spend their metal on.

* Hundura units have access to destriers and a blood bonus to initiative, maybe one of their traits could be something related to sacrificing initiative in exchange for something else.

* The new item definitions seem to be missing support for additional factions and traits.

Mmmmh i think that's all i came up with atm, keep up the good work!.

Edit: I found a bug, gilden is unable to build any golems, if you choose iron golem for customization you get a golem with 4 traits if you undo the default selection of tempered steel you still can't pick any trait because it still has three traits.

I tried making one with the default traits( which means 4) but it doesn't appear in the training lists.

Also i think most of the new traits should cost 15+ production, they are pretty cheap right now.

February 10, 2014 12:21:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Nightmuderer03, I will look into all that stuff. Meanwhile have a pic of the new Undead Faction Screen.

February 17, 2014 4:41:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v0b.

Added Additional Traits and Races as well as support for the Dead.

Some AI tweaks and bug fixes as well.

February 19, 2014 12:11:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Been working on this over my break. Lots of AI tweaks, especially for the Undead. Also have added 4-5 new units for every faction.

To me anyway, I get little feedback, it seems like the AI is much better in the areas I have improved. It keeps up with me in tech and improvement building sometimes even getting ahead. With these new units it is also building some very tough armies. However it's armies tend to sit around and do nothing even though there bases are filled with monsters. They also tend to stop expanding. Together this means they stagnate midgame. I might be able to fix this by messing with the AI defs.

Also I created a unique padded breast-piece and hooded cloak for Hashaini that both grant a bit of dodge. This was to allow them to create Assassin units that look visually distinctive. It worked beautifully but here is the question, should I just enable them for everybody? Should every faction have the ability to create dodge based units in hooded cloaks?

February 20, 2014 11:34:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I always wondered why there weren't any assassin traits for unit design, that said i think these new armor should be unique to the hashaini or at least to some factions like say Tarth and maybe the Wraith.

Here's some stuff:

* Steady is missing its icon

* I believe your intention was to make undying curse non train-able by the undead, this is not true however as the trait is still there.

* new magic for staff users its amazing, best of all is that the ai actually uses them.

* Umber is still only using two faction points instead of three

* Of the new races only Hundura starts with 5 army slots, the rest of the races starts with only 4( like vanilla FE) remember they removed the increment with training so this means they have one less slot for army at the end of the day.

*Question, did you do something to oracle Ceresa?, she appears at the beginning of the units file but i don't seem to find anything different than vanilla and i always end up deleting that entry as it conflicts with my personal sov's mod.

February 21, 2014 6:36:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v0c.

-Bug and Balance Fixes

-AI tweaks and new unit designs. Many of my old ones weren't being used due to a coding error.

-Hergons and Stalker mounts now have saddles.

-Added Darkned Vests and Assassin's cloaks for Hashaini.

-Added new trait for Tarth and Umber, Naturalism. It replaces fire staffs with nature staffs which do poison damage and can cast Nature's Call.

Quoting Nightmurderer03,
*Question, did you do something to oracle Ceresa?, she appears at the beginning of the units file but i don't seem to find anything different than vanilla and i always end up deleting that entry as it conflicts with my personal sov's mod.

I changed her MilitaryStrategy to archers.

February 21, 2014 6:37:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Double Post....

February 21, 2014 6:40:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Triple Post...

I guess I will mention here that Tarth and Umber Mages are now called Druids and Shamans respectively. Tarth is now quite unique with all their cool new stuff. Umber is coming along.

I might at some time add in some more tactical spells as I really think this game is missing interesting ones early game.

March 17, 2014 11:14:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Started a game with only Blood and Mana with all DLC installed and it is a great piece of work.

The only issues I saw were:

1) a typo on the word shields in one of the race traits, forgot to write down, knife fighting iirc.

2) The Hunduran lance trample ability is cool, but i haven't had it fail once in about 8 hours of play on a large map against 14 opponents.  The text says 66% chance, but I suspect the game is doing something weird with your code.

I would suggest that the trample ability be adjusted so those monsters tagged Large are immune to it.  It is a little strange to trample a storm dragon.

I did see one of my custom factions with Ironeer blood was able to build iron golems in this game.

I have also seen more offers of tech trading from the AI factions in this game and the AI builds good units.  Still encountering solo heroes on occasion, but that could be the vanilla game.

Looking forward to your arrow towers and other city siege tweaks!

Thanks!

March 18, 2014 7:22:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Started a new game with Tarth and love what you have done with them.  The bolas and the trapping trait finally give them that guerrilla feel.  The guerrilla trait is also good to get front line troops back to my hero for healing.

Would you consider giving them archery at the outset?  Or a "Fade in the Forest" racial ability where individual units can exit the battle? 

The Huntress is an awesome unit!  Love the Pounce.  Have just built a druid, eager to try them out.

The AI has been all over me in this game and it is all I can do to hold onto my 2 cities.  Thanks!

March 19, 2014 10:05:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the comments NaytchSG. I really appreciate feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying my mod.

April 12, 2014 11:07:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

sorry if stupid question, but what should i do with the content of the "Tiles" folder?

April 12, 2014 8:49:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh it just goes in the \My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Tiles folder.

April 19, 2014 3:52:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking forward to trying this - I like heavily modded games so any recommendations for mods to use in conjunction?

I favor more powerful SOV and additional movement and ok with somewhat unbalanced.

April 24, 2014 11:37:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wouldn't use too many mods with this one. I can only recommend mods like BlackMarket Bazaar that simply add content otherwise they might clash. 

Also now that 1.6 is out I need to get around to updating this.

May 7, 2014 5:52:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v1a.

-Added City Spires mod.

-Added Sovereign Customization mod.

-Updated for 1.6.

-Lots of tweaks and bug fixes.

-Compatible with Leader Pack.

May 10, 2014 11:51:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great Mod.   Love the city spires in particular.    The traits and extra monsters are awesome.  I haven't played enough to talk balance yet for all the traits, but initial look things are looking really good.

May 11, 2014 10:48:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah 200 downloads!

Thanks Murteas. The next thing I add will probably be a bunch of champions. I need to add Hashaini, Dead, and Hunduran champions. I also want to create some really unique champions that use new unique traits as well as some that use a lot of the racial traits I have already created.

May 11, 2014 3:16:33 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Now that City Spires is part of Blood and Mana it works fine for me, so PEBKAM on my end. 

Great mod, and I am running davrovona's Paladin mod and BMB and it all works great together.  (w/o leader pack dlc). 

Looking forward to your additional efforts.

May 12, 2014 2:24:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NaytchSG,
Now that City Spires is part of Blood and Mana it works fine for me, so PEBKAM on my end.

Great mod, and I am running davrovona's Paladin mod and BMB and it all works great together. (w/o leader pack dlc).

Good to know.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: