Galactic Civilizations 3 in PC Gamer's Best PC Games of 2014!

By on January 4, 2014 3:01:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

Galactic Civilizations 3 in PC Gamer's Best PC Games of 2014!

"One of the greatest 4X games of all time finally gets a follow-up, and this one comes with a 64-bit OS requirement"

Read more about it at PC Gamer.

Locked Post 22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 4, 2014 6:45:19 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Shouldn't best of anything wait until it is released? Maybe not so much to prove that its good (because we all know it going to be good), but rather because saying this game will be the best is like rubbing salt into an open wound (because we still have to wait before we play the finished product).

January 4, 2014 6:47:58 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It also has to actually be released that year, which is far from certain.

These kind of articles are click bait for PC Gamer really, but it's good publicity for games. I saw a lot of games I didn't know about.

January 4, 2014 7:22:07 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Disappointment I was expecting an article or at least a description of the game. There was nonething.

This will cause mixed fealings first this will cause an audience of gamers that will probably expecting something like starcraft when they will get Galactic civilizations. This may bring new people to the game. More likely this will cause a lot of people to buy this game expecting something else. Hopefully I'm wrong, and all this does is cause the fan base to get bigger.

January 5, 2014 3:55:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Isn't this what we call jumping the shark?

January 5, 2014 4:17:23 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

Never heard that one before. Is it regional?

January 5, 2014 5:03:32 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Actually, it seems incorrectly used in this instance.  What is intended is possibly some version of putting the cart before the horse and losing focus on actually doing reviews. 

For reference:  http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JumpingTheShark

January 5, 2014 8:12:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yeah, this isn't jumping the shark. It is a pretty ridiculous title for a list, since we can't know what the best games of 2014 are when zero games have come out in 2014, and some of the games on the list won't be in "release" until 2015.

A better title would have been "games we're excited about in 2014".

January 6, 2014 12:43:38 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Not a Happy Days fan i take it?

January 6, 2014 12:35:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting admiralWillyWilber,

Disappointment I was expecting an article or at least a description of the game. There was nonething.

This will cause mixed fealings first this will cause an audience of gamers that will probably expecting something like starcraft when they will get Galactic civilizations. This may bring new people to the game. More likely this will cause a lot of people to buy this game expecting something else. Hopefully I'm wrong, and all this does is cause the fan base to get bigger.

The likelihood that anyone is going to go out and buy galciv based on a paragraph mention in any of these recent lists seems low.  By the time this game is in beta or getting closer to launch, there will be plenty of other writeups that are more informative.  I doubt many will think that it is anything other than a 4X game.  

January 6, 2014 1:08:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Lucky Jack,

Quoting Ericridge, reply 4

It's from the Happy Days TV show.  Here's the Wikipedia entry for it.

January 8, 2014 2:46:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Wasn't it the Fonz who jumped the shark on water skis?

January 9, 2014 1:27:55 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Rennno,

Wasn't it the Fonz who jumped the shark on water skis?

Yes.

January 9, 2014 1:36:29 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I liked Happy days as a kid.

January 9, 2014 4:33:05 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm new to galciv2 and can't wait for number 3,but I do have a question.From looking at the concept art for the Yor and it looked like the hull are goin' to be a lot smaller then in Galactic Civilizations 2.Am I seeing the hull right?

Just from seeing the comments above,I love Happy Days.

January 24, 2014 12:12:37 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So any projected estimate of when Beta will be operational ?

January 24, 2014 1:51:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Publius of NV,

Quoting Lucky Jack, reply 5

Quoting Ericridge, reply 4

It's from the Happy Days TV show.  Here's the Wikipedia entry for it.

Ahh thank you

January 24, 2014 2:07:31 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So is anyone going to reply to my question?

January 24, 2014 2:42:54 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting AngelicHunter,

So is anyone going to reply to my question?

Nobody really knows. Alpha doesn't even have a set date, it has a "if everything works out, then before Spring" kind of maybe February date.

So the answer is "Spring or Summer. Maybe".

January 24, 2014 2:48:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

What about Alpha? Any predicted start date for Alpha?

January 24, 2014 3:23:48 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting AngelicHunter,

What about Alpha? Any predicted start date for Alpha?

Late February, if everything goes according to plan.

Since that never happens in real life, I'd bet March sometime.

January 24, 2014 3:29:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awesome. Well thank you for responding to my post. Much Appreciated !

January 24, 2014 6:59:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well it has been announced for both February and March, so I assume March. I think the last time frame for the Alpha was 4 months maybe two. I think the beta will come out in August, but somehow come out in April. If given my choice I would rather spend four months on the Alpha than two. Since it will give more flexibility on being able to change the final game.

For the most once the game comes out the expansions, Dlc, and mods will be somewhat limited on how far they can change from the original.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: