[eMOD] [LH 2.0] XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic (23 August 2016)

§§§ Beyond Legendary Heroes §§§

By on December 31, 2013 1:21:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Primal_Savage

Join Date 07/2013
+168

XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic

by Primal Savage et al.

1. XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic
1.1 Latest News (Changelog)

(23 August 2016) XtraDeconstruct 2.0.j. - Every Edition is the Last Edition

1.2 Compatibility Snippet (Extended List)

Compatible w/ LH 2.0, all DLC, Children of Storm 1.8.c., Black Market Bazaar 2.0., Champion Bonanza 1.3., and more.

1.3 Features (Extended Description)

Expands LH in a myriad of ways.

1.4 How-to Install (User Guide)

See A_UserGuide.txt

1.5 Endorse XtraDeconstruct (History)

Go to your Nexus Download History to endorse Mods (Thumbs up).

1.6 Download (NexusMods)

Download XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic @ NexusMods (Free). Download page takes 15-20 seconds to load.

2. Credits & Feedback

(Hellions) ::: (davrovana) ::: (Heavenfall) ::: (Dhuran) ::: (attackdrone) ::: (Vithar133) ::: (Stardock)

Many users have made valuable contributions to this mod by giving feedback. This is so they realize that their feedback is appreciated.

NOTE: all feedback is valuable, so don't hesitate, but if you would like to answer specific questions, see post #1630.

1711 Replies +6
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 4, 2015 3:07:38 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 4, 2015 3:14:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 4, 2015 6:13:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DragonCollar,
Despite the rumor that Vatula manufactured these, magical reference manuals all insist this collar works perfectly. It's getting close enough to a dragon to use it that isn't likely to work out so well.

Quoting BhutJolokiaNectar,
Drink this and you'll be resistant to fire. You'll also be resistant to tasting your food ever again.

Quoting IncombustibleTorch,
Unfortunately the Governor who relied on the magic of this torch only stayed his execution, when eventually the people swarmed him and beat him dead with cold, oily sticks.

By now, most of you probably know that many XtraDeconstruct great short stories and descriptions are written by D. Elliot Lamb (a.k.a. davrovana). What you may or may not know is that he actually published a book last month: Ruler of The Underworld.

I'm currently reading it and enjoying it, so if you've liked his work in my Mod, I would definitely recommend the book to you.

[No, he's not paying me to type this!]

August 4, 2015 8:52:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

First thing first : Thanx Primal for this outstanding mod,

it's a real expansion to the game, and all the changes/adds are perfect imo.

The only setback is this Tamed Beast Bug with the Champ camps ( i've read other players got it too ).

I know the problem has been explained in this thread, i know how you can disable the Champ camps option

But :

- In my games, Champions will spawn inside Camp 100% of the time

It's like the "WanderingRadius = 1" has no effects

- Removing the related files to disable the camps doesn't work for me:

Deleting XG_Lairs_Champions.xml, Disabling CoreGoodieHuts.xml (CoreGoodieHuts.NO), Deleting XT_Lairs.xml = No effects

So:

I think i've tried about everything

but it seems either Steam is not updating the changes,

or more like there's an xml file other than "XG_Lairs_Champions.xml" that controls the champ camps ?

My mod version is XtraDeconstruct 1.8.g, + CB + BMB

Any clue ?

Cheers

August 4, 2015 9:59:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 4, 2015 1:42:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hiya Primal,

Thanks for this quick answer & explanation !

As i wanted to block the champ camps only as a last resort,

& after trying unsuccessfully to find the file blocking WanderingRadius = 1,

I decided a complete reinstall of all the mods CB, BMB, PR & XDeconstruct.

& It works so far : most of the time, the champs now appears outside their camps

Cheers

August 4, 2015 6:07:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 4, 2015 8:03:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Regarding your issue, I looked into it, but Arcane Revelation seems to correctly use 50 Mana per cast along with a 0 Mana maintenance.

First possibility:

You've installed BOTH Path of the Sorcerer Mod AND XtraDeconstruct. This isn't needed as Path of the Sorcerer Mod is preloaded (Full version) in XtraDeconstruct. If that was the issue, every Path of the Sorcerer Spells would cost double mana and let you go in negative Mana.

To fix this, all you need to do is to delete the Path of the Sorcerer Mod directory that is found outside of XtraDeconstruct, possibly: ...\Path Of The Sorcerer 1.0-6-1-0\ . This fix will only apply to your next/new game; you current game will forever use double mana for Sorcerer Spells.

For Path of the Ranger, however, you need both Path of the Ranger Mod and XtraDeconstruct as it's a compatibility file; it's NOT preloaded. So I think this one is probably working properly for you.

I think the first possibility looks more likely, but let me know if that doesn't fix your problem (for future games).

Damn you're good!  That was indeed it.  I had a previous version of Xtradeconstruct that didn't have this and a few other mods incorporated into it.  I had deleted all other folders in there before installing the new 1.8g updated, BUT, for whatever reason I had only gotten the Sorcerer mod to work in the past by having its files in the main mods folder (no subfolder) so I didn't even notice them when I cleaned up my mods folder.

Thanks again!  I know I've seen you post before stating you wouldn't be doing too much more content with this mod, which is completely understandable, but I for one would love to see more if the urge ever strikes you again!   

August 5, 2015 1:02:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 7, 2015 6:21:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A couple of things.

1. One of my champions had got the injury fat embolism, and I cannot seem to heal it with the spell death exlier 1, as it states that the unit does not have any injuries.

2. The Vampire champion Eral Von 'whatever' has been incorrectly nerfed. Because he does not have a race that gives the basic 18 initiative, he is utter slow. Vampires (the unit) are given their initiative by <UnitStat_CombatSpeed>50</UnitStat_CombatSpeed>, not as a part of the vampire trait. So either he need his base combat speed set correctly, or as I have done mod the vampire trait to carry the combat speed and health bonuses associated with being a vampire.

Cheers

August 7, 2015 12:29:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 7, 2015 8:43:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sorry Primal, 1. was my fault. I didn't see the 15 turn cool down. Working fine.

August 9, 2015 6:57:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 9, 2015 6:17:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

After playing with _XD_ for sometime i have some bug reports and balance comments:

1. Units you get as rewards from quests come with "Thinking Machines I" trait, which is supposed to be reserved for ai units as far as i understand

2. Dual class and paladin/sorcerer. When you switch class you loose tactical autocast tied to you first class - resulting in former paladin loosing all combat bonuses from sword line of traits and sorcerer loosing penalty to cast speed. Meaning dualclassing from paladin to anything is is stupid and dualclassing from sorcerer to mage is uber powerful. I think that for  dualclassing to work correctly all class bonuses should be moved from PathOfX abilities to some root traits inside the class, so you retain them after switching class.

3. Legionary trait is way too powerful - imagine doom stack of level 30+ heroes moving with speed of 10+. Reduce to 1 per 15 levels or so, or just make it +1 and add another +1 with minimum level of 20-25.

4.Surging trait is utterly broken - you can easily  get 20+ champions with _XD_ (and there are henchmen too), the faction wide xp bonus becomes ridiculous.

5.XtraSavage difficulty levels significantly less challenging then their descriptions would suggest - the problem is AIStartingFundsRatio - even default hard has higher value than your XtraSavage10. Insane has 1000. In practice this 50k starting gildar probably gives ai greater advantage than twice higher hp and economics ratios of XtraSavage10.

6. I am surprised that with such global overhaul of everything you didnt do anything about "blizzard or gtfo" problem of mages. Yes i understand that this is a vanilla problem, but still...

7. Quick March trait has wrong description (its add 0.14 movement bonus to army, not some mysterious "+1 per Stack #Army".

August 9, 2015 10:52:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 10, 2015 9:07:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

1. Ok, i understand thats not easy to fix and bonus is not really strong, so it doesnt worth an effort to fix.

2. As a temporal fix disabling dual classing from paladin/sorcerer is ok solution. But i really think its better to move the autocast if possible.

Quoting Primal_Savage,

The Tactical Autocast adds +1 Cast Time, but you could select Effortless Casting (Sorcerer), Savant (Mage), or Nimble (Sovereign Talent) and it would nullify that penalty;

And when dualclassing from Sorcerer to Mage you can take Effortless Casting and Savant and loose Sorcerer penalty resulting in -2 casting time = instant blizzard.

3.Well, the one thing AI is really bad at is dealing with doomstacks. If doomstack speed is 5-6 there is a chance for AI to win just by pure numbers of its superior units, but a doomstack with speed of 11 just annihilates entire nations in a single turn... Hmm, this problem is probably amplified by point 4 a lot. Without Surging there would be no 6 level 30+ heroes

4.No, its really broken. I just opened my current game, my mage (in an army with 3 henchmen) has a total XP bonus of 270%, my lone sovereign paladin has 380%. And i made no effort to specifically abuse Surging, i only taken that trait line on combat heroes. If i had taken it on my 10 governors...

5. I personally altered the XtraSavage AIStartingFundsRatio to increments of 10 (eg 10 for XtraSavage1, 100 for XtraSavage10). This feels much better. I think you really underestimate the effects of starting gildars on AI - with your settings Insane feels much more difficult than XtraSavage5.

6.The "blizzard or gtfo" is not so about nerfing blizzard but about upping other spells. Currently the only reason to cast anything else is when you are fighting a single singleentity unit or when enemy is resistant to cold.

7. The only problem i have with Quick March is a description. I was like 'WTF it does?!" until i looked in xml.

August 10, 2015 11:49:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought nerfing blizzard was a good idea. Feel free to add the file below to your /Mods folder. It still hits hard against massed troops but even a mage won't necessarily one-shot them, with each water shard adding less damage.

BlizzardNerf.xml

EDIT: Primal rightly pointed out a bug in that file. Fixed version now in the link. ALSO see the below comment for the correct directory!

August 10, 2015 3:02:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 12, 2015 5:46:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 12, 2015 9:23:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi,

First of all, this mods looks super awesome so far. But...

I downloaded the file "XtraDeconstruct plus DLC Compatibility Files-1894-1-8g" from the Nexus and read through almost the whole Readme.
I wanted to use the mod in combination with BMB and Champion Bonanza and I'm pretty sure I've installed everything correctly (everything looks like on the screenshots, new champs & items show up ingame blah blah).

However, while I can start a game and play nicely for quite some time, FE:LH becomes horribly unstable after the early game and crashes to desktop very often. Even on medium maps with just three AI players and moderate/balanced options for every setting this escalates pretty quickly.

Children of Storm together with some additional smaller Mods on the other hand runs fine without any crashes.

I already tried most of the tips listed in the Readme such as disabling Anti-Aliasing, turning off certain options etc.

For testing, I did not use any custom civilizations or leaders. My CPU is an Intel Core i7-3770K.

Is this something I need to get accustomed to when using this mod? Or could it perhaps be related in someway to Windows 10? Any further hints?

Thanks in advance

August 13, 2015 6:44:54 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 13, 2015 9:41:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

EDIT X+2: Constantly reloading for whatever reasons (e.g. Save scumming) will likely lead to more frequent crashes.

I seriously suspect that a problem is not with save/load per se but with autosaves. Almost every time i loaded a game from autosave it then led to crashes or hanging on end turn.

August 13, 2015 10:46:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hark0nnen,

Quoting Primal_Savage,

EDIT X+2: Constantly reloading for whatever reasons (e.g. Save scumming) will likely lead to more frequent crashes.

I seriously suspect that a problem is not with save/load per se but with autosaves. Almost every time i loaded a game from autosave it then led to crashes or hanging on end turn.

I believe he is talking about seeing more memory leakage due to repeated loading. You can have autosave turned off and still see this issue. If I ever reload multiple times I usually exit the game completely after the 2nd or 3rd load just to start fresh with memory. Seems to keep the game much more stable, especially with mod use and the higher memory footprint that entails. I'd probably recommend starting fresh every load if you have a lower memory amount, say 4GB or less.

Not saying the autosaves are completely bug free either, of course!

August 13, 2015 4:58:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 14, 2015 1:23:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hello there, new to XtraDeconstruct and enjoying the exciting new features so far. I've been playing for a few hours and keeping a list of errors/typos/missing info and will post them all together in the near future.

I'm not sure if it was addressed earlier (I didn't come across any posts mentioning it yet, but didn't go through all 44 pages in this thread), but one quick question for the time being, as it's something that really stands out...are unit design traits and certain race bonuses supposed to be applied twice? I noticed, for example, If I were to give the Lithe bonus +10 dodge, -1 hp...it would be doubled and give +20 dodge, -2 hp. Same goes with race bonuses like the Mancer's giving +2 movement instead of just +1.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000546   Page Render Time: