[eMOD] [LH 2.0] XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic (23 August 2016)

§§§ Beyond Legendary Heroes §§§

By on December 31, 2013 1:21:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Primal_Savage

Join Date 07/2013
+170

XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic

by Primal Savage et al.

1. XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic
1.1 Latest News (Changelog)

(14 September 2016) Patch 2.0.j.2.

(23 August 2016) XtraDeconstruct 2.0.j. - Every Edition is the Last Edition

1.2 Compatibility Snippet (Extended List)

Compatible w/ LH 2.0, all DLC, Children of Storm 1.8.c., Black Market Bazaar 2.0., Champion Bonanza 1.3., and more.

1.3 Features (Extended Description)

Expands LH in a myriad of ways.

1.4 How-to Install (User Guide)

See A_UserGuide.txt

1.5 Endorse XtraDeconstruct (History)

Go to your Nexus Download History to endorse Mods (Thumbs up).

1.6 Download (NexusMods)

Download XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic @ NexusMods (Free). Download page takes 15-20 seconds to load.

Patch 2.0.j.2. (Dropbox)

2. Credits & Feedback

(Hellions) ::: (davrovana) ::: (Heavenfall) ::: (Dhuran) ::: (attackdrone) ::: (Vithar133) ::: (Stardock)

Many users have made valuable contributions to this mod by giving feedback. This is so they realize that their feedback is appreciated.

NOTE: all feedback is valuable, so don't hesitate, but if you would like to answer specific questions, see post #1630.

1809 Replies +6 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Charch
AGonzaga
Blazenclaw
mikechmi
DrathDarkstar
Xerberus86
May 29, 2015 6:25:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

May 30, 2015 5:20:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I figured out what the problem was. I hadn't put the A_CoreAbilities.xml file from the mod in the correct place. Now everything works fine. I'm enjoying the latest update of XtraDeconstruct.  THANKS!

May 30, 2015 6:50:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 1, 2015 7:37:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm not sure what I did wrong installing, but, most of the faction names are showing up as "#dead" or some variation with "#". 

Not sure what I did wrong.

June 1, 2015 10:44:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting malkov100,

I'm having a bit of an issue. I'm not sure what I did wrong installing, but, most of the faction names are showing up as "#dead" or some variation with "#". 

Not sure what I did wrong.

I've always thought that was on purpose so you can quickly see which faction they nominally belong to.

#dead

#faithair

#faithfire

#e (for empire)

#k (for kingdom)

June 1, 2015 11:59:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 1, 2015 2:34:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 1, 2015 7:00:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I feel like a lunchmeat now.

Thanks for getting back, this is the first run around with any mod for Fallen Enchantress.

Now I have to go and play the crap out of this.

June 1, 2015 9:45:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 1, 2015 10:31:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not Sure if it really did create the crash, but it's the last thing that noted problems in the Debug file, Made a copy of the Debug file so if you want the whole thing i could give it if you want and tell me how,

Debug Message:  AI Verga Reborn: Now researching Champion II
Debug Message:  CCity:CalculateResourcesPerTurn - New Tenfell couldn't create a new instance of CityResourceData for Resource_XL_Research_FW.
Debug Message:  CCity:CalculateResourcesPerTurn - New Tenfell couldn't create a new instance of CityResourceData for Resource_XL_Research_FW.
Debug Message:  AI Anna: Now researching Construction

In any case while being the most unstable mod/game that i have played it is more then worth the annoyance of the crashes, keep up the great work,

*edit*: the Spoiler function didn't do what i imagined it would do...

June 1, 2015 11:34:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 2, 2015 12:36:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the swift reply, I've been reading through the User Guide a few times, I have set some settings as Stated, and changed the rest just now, excluding the Ground cover which i did the lowest setting due to the note, and as it crashes so often i didn't disable Autosave,

it was on turn 122, so probably the Mass Spell wouldn't have been the culprit,

I've meddled with mods myself from time to time so i know how frustrating it sometimes can be to find everything that give a hiccup, and the reason i asked if you needed the Debug was because i also know how important clear data is to fix things,

btw the next line after Anna is the following:
"DebugMessage:  Unallocated Mem: 1404 bytes of memory from line 222 of e:\lh-elemental\Kumquat3D\Source\AStarManager.cpp"

I Guess it's an "I'm Hungry gimme more memory" type of message, (also the reason i forgot to include it in my snippet as it repeats itself 20+ times orso)

I'll in any case read the Debug file anytime it Crashes, maybe i could figure out where which culprit is,

June 2, 2015 1:02:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 6, 2015 1:42:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 6, 2015 12:28:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 6, 2015 6:13:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Edit: delete

June 6, 2015 6:16:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sounds like you may not have mods enabled in the options. Make sure that is enabled then restart LH and start a new game. Note: starting a new game at this point is required if you didn't have mods enabled.

If it's not that, you'll have to wait for Primal. HTH.

June 6, 2015 6:36:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 7, 2015 9:21:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 8, 2015 10:53:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Sounds about right. What I found through my own Debug files and the ones that have been submitted by users of XtraDeconstruct is that some of the Debug messages that are now being reported haven't been seen (much) since War of Magic days (WOM, 2009-2010). And they were indeed related to running Out of Memory (OOM). So my guess is they had managed to optimized the game to remain within certain limits and now that limit is being exceeded in some cases (Because of Mods). If you take the "AStarManager.cpp" and search for it on ElementalGame sites in Google, that's exactly what will come out of it (WOM/OOM/2009-2010).
When I played Civilization IV mods, I would run into similar memory problems with certain mods: mainly mods that had a LOT of graphics and/or units.

June 8, 2015 11:18:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some thoughts and suggestions:

One thing I noticed in this mod is that a faction can acquire more champions than in the basic game. This creates the problem of equipping your roster of champions; the expense of equipment makes it difficult to equip all your champs with things like armor, weapons etc. (and let's face it, counting on chests and drops is really iffy). I was thinking maybe reducing the prices of "Standard issue" equipment (items you can equip trained troops with) downward. After all, if I can make a trained unit with leather armor and a warhammer using only a city's production, why should I pay a shop an excessive price to fit a champion with the same armor

On a similar note, if buildings like a forge can give trained troops defensive bonuses, could it also give DEF bonuses to armor purchased in that fortress?

Regarding champ paths IMHO Ninja and Assassin seem redundant considering how similar they are. Are they that different? Also I was wondering if there is a way for champions to be invisible to units of other factions (unless having s trait to see those units); similar to the spy in Civ games.

Also on the path choice screen, I noticed the path graphics run off the edge when I replaced the choice screen; is it possible to make a screen with shorter columns and scrollable multiple rows? It would make seeing new paths easier.

June 8, 2015 2:01:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 8, 2015 3:06:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a question regarding one of the scrolls that some new sovereigns start with. For example, Vini starts with "The Tower".  It lists a permanent path (The Mage) and then several season paths. But when I use it, it always seems to force me to be Assassin. What do I do if I want use the scroll to be a Mage or some other class?

I'm thinking this question was answered somewhere else, but I couldn't find any answers. So sorry if this is a duplicate.

June 8, 2015 3:29:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

June 8, 2015 3:43:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time: