[eMOD] [LH 2.0] XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic (23 August 2016)

§§§ Beyond Legendary Heroes §§§

By on December 31, 2013 1:21:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Primal_Savage

Join Date 07/2013
+170

XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic

by Primal Savage et al.

1. XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic
1.1 Latest News (Changelog)

(14 September 2016) Patch 2.0.j.2.

(23 August 2016) XtraDeconstruct 2.0.j. - Every Edition is the Last Edition

1.2 Compatibility Snippet (Extended List)

Compatible w/ LH 2.0, all DLC, Children of Storm 1.8.c., Black Market Bazaar 2.0., Champion Bonanza 1.3., and more.

1.3 Features (Extended Description)

Expands LH in a myriad of ways.

1.4 How-to Install (User Guide)

See A_UserGuide.txt

1.5 Endorse XtraDeconstruct (History)

Go to your Nexus Download History to endorse Mods (Thumbs up).

1.6 Download (NexusMods)

Download XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic @ NexusMods (Free). Download page takes 15-20 seconds to load.

Patch 2.0.j.2. (Dropbox)

2. Credits & Feedback

(Hellions) ::: (davrovana) ::: (Heavenfall) ::: (Dhuran) ::: (attackdrone) ::: (Vithar133) ::: (Stardock)

Many users have made valuable contributions to this mod by giving feedback. This is so they realize that their feedback is appreciated.

NOTE: all feedback is valuable, so don't hesitate, but if you would like to answer specific questions, see post #1630.

1809 Replies +6 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Charch
AGonzaga
Blazenclaw
mikechmi
DrathDarkstar
Xerberus86
August 11, 2014 9:08:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Paladin weapons don't seem to require Paladins, and then there's that issue the someone reported to Stardock that a lot of the correct class were unable to use that class' items.  Note, I know you're not responsible for all that, just wondering if you could fix anything.

August 11, 2014 9:56:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If I understand correctly, any weapons that have the Paladin note should be swords, and thus not limited to just paladins. That note refers to the fact that those weapons will enable paladin abilities.

I think.

August 11, 2014 9:59:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 12, 2014 4:57:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What is the difference between the new Path feature in LH 1.7 and setting a particular unitstat to 1 and requiring that unitstat to equip an item?  Could the class items 1.7 feature have been used using unitstats before 1.7, or does it provide new functionality?

August 12, 2014 7:30:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 12, 2014 1:46:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You only implemented the extra initiative for weapons for certain classes in the 1.7 versions of XtraDeconstruct, is that right?

August 12, 2014 2:03:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 12, 2014 3:32:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've noticed that the Sword Attack attribute for the paladin class seems to remain hidden until you actually gain sword attack bonuses from the paladin tree. Is it possible to do that with the ranged attack attribute?

August 12, 2014 5:19:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 13, 2014 1:06:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/Sword_of_the_North/2014-08-13_00001.jpg 

You'll see the ranged attack attribute on the far end of the attribute section (as you can see, I've yet to level enough to get the character to have the paladin's sword skills).

And...that interlude is a good reason why you don't try licking ice staves. (Or...a good showing that units hold the staves weirdly, you're choice.)

August 13, 2014 8:37:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 14, 2014 2:11:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Odd thing is, beyond installing the Ranger mod and applying the χD compatibility patch for the mod, I didn't touch it at all.

August 14, 2014 2:33:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 14, 2014 6:51:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Need a bit of help.  I have done the following.

1) Verify Integrity of Game Cache

2) Start with a new/clean Mods folder

3) Extract the following:

XtraDeconstruct-1894-1-7d.zip

XD_DLC05_LeadersPack-1894-1-7d.zip

XD_DLC02_QuestPack-1894-1-7d.zip

4) Start a new Game as Queen Procipinee

5) Found a City, then read the path scroll (this is the Mage one).  

This causes *all* paths to be unlocked (which I think is by design), but only the Assassin abilities are selectable.  I can scroll through all the paths, but no matter what I highlight, only General and Assassin skills are viewable.  For example, if I select the Select General, I see general abilities.  I select Mage, and the Assassin abilities show up.  I have tried using various Wnd's that are included, and that does not help.  

Is this how things are expected to work?  Does it take another level up for things to sort out?

Also, the ReadMe has a smaller list of directories that should be created, than what is actually included in the zip file.  

For example:

A_LHLIB_UnitStat_BG_vL 

XtraDeconstruct\Shadows

Is this correct?  Are there any additional install files required by this Mod?  

August 14, 2014 7:17:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 15, 2014 10:50:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

XD_Deorcnysse.xml adds the following to the original Champions

<SelAbilityBonusOption>Ability_X_Deorcnysse1000</SelAbilityBonusOption>

The comment says to add this to custom factions.  

Will you be adding a file for the DLC05 factions, and modifying the User Guide to include this in custom factions?

August 15, 2014 10:58:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe it is already included in the DLC05 compatibility files?

August 15, 2014 11:22:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 17, 2014 12:16:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 19, 2014 12:27:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Are players supposed to be able to access the...Sanatorium spell? 

Also, the last two sets of spells (the "trading" spells and the sanatorium spell) still say String not found.

August 19, 2014 1:48:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 19, 2014 10:49:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In my current test so far, Sanatorium doesn't seem to be player castable (no valid targets). Haven't gotten to Curgen's AI Volcano yet, though.

August 20, 2014 12:37:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 21, 2014 7:19:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can I ask what Resistance - Earth does?  AFAIK there is no Earth damage in LH, so did you make one up, or did you assume there was when there wasn't?  Also, if it doesn't exist, you'll need to change the Defender skills and the Conductor - Earth, and Conductor - Air, as well as any other place where they happen.

Btw: why doesn't Enzo's Knife from the Loot Pack show the -1 Defense every hit?  I know that it's working, because I am using the Maul debuff and damage decreases given the same amount of armor and resistance, and when you use Enzo's Knife the damage stays approximately the same until the hero misses due to Accuracy decreasing.

There's a slight problem with Maimed Leg (-2 Movement).  If you get it on a hero with base movement who dies in a battle but you win the battle, you can have a stack that has 0 movement stuck in the wilds somewhere unless you have a spare horse.  I'm not sure if -1 Movement is enough, but I just thought I'd raise this issue in case you want to change anything.

I really enjoy the Transmute spells and the Buy/Sell Horses/Wargs/Iron/Crystal etc. spells, and I notice that Path of the Sorcerer has some of these spells too, but I don't there is much (if any) overlap.  So far I find Path of the Sorcerer very rewarding and interesting.  I know that you didn't make it but I thank you for including support for it in XtraDeconstruct.

I'm not sure if that Protection from Death shield you get from the wisp is working correctly, last time I used it it didn't resurrect any units even if they died before that number of turns had passed.  The graphic played when casting it, but there was no "+ Protection from Death" that came up on the units and no hidden modifier either.  Unless you know you have fixed it, can you check the code please?

Note: the Defender Golem that has a single target tactical Death Ward works fine (and the Strategic Spell Death Ward), but last time I checked the all-ally Protection from Death did not work.

Thanks for bearing with me in this long post!  After you have replied to the previous points, can you check out my last post on the following thread?

http://forums.elementalgame.com/457024

Thanks for a great and extensive mod!

August 21, 2014 8:36:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time: