[eMOD] [LH 2.0] XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic (23 August 2016)

§§§ Beyond Legendary Heroes §§§

By on December 31, 2013 1:21:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

Primal_Savage

Join Date 07/2013
+169

XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic

by Primal Savage et al.

1. XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic
1.1 Latest News (Changelog)

(23 August 2016) XtraDeconstruct 2.0.j. - Every Edition is the Last Edition

1.2 Compatibility Snippet (Extended List)

Compatible w/ LH 2.0, all DLC, Children of Storm 1.8.c., Black Market Bazaar 2.0., Champion Bonanza 1.3., and more.

1.3 Features (Extended Description)

Expands LH in a myriad of ways.

1.4 How-to Install (User Guide)

See A_UserGuide.txt

1.5 Endorse XtraDeconstruct (History)

Go to your Nexus Download History to endorse Mods (Thumbs up).

1.6 Download (NexusMods)

Download XtraDeconstruct: Legacy of Magic @ NexusMods (Free). Download page takes 15-20 seconds to load.

2. Credits & Feedback

(Hellions) ::: (davrovana) ::: (Heavenfall) ::: (Dhuran) ::: (attackdrone) ::: (Vithar133) ::: (Stardock)

Many users have made valuable contributions to this mod by giving feedback. This is so they realize that their feedback is appreciated.

NOTE: all feedback is valuable, so don't hesitate, but if you would like to answer specific questions, see post #1630.

1724 Replies +6
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 3, 2014 5:46:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Vestalla Designer notes:

I originally created Vestalla for a Civilization 4 mod called Fairy Tale. I took the basic concept and modified it for FE:LH, making them a Krax Kingdom seeking to survive and redeem their race from darkness. I was thinking of using the Quick trait but decided to use Lucky instead (which makes a fortified Vestallan unit more formidable. Tough also helps) In addition, I gave them the nonconductor weakness to show their resistance to magic. I did incorporate the Scholar trait as I envisioned them being founded by a a university called The College of the Eternal Flame. Needless to say, once they get a Conclave going, they will develop technology quickly.

As for Kashadda, I always wanted to have a Life Disciple for a sovereign; I envisioned her as a woman who was scarred at childhood and discovered her powers then. Her traits flow from the fact that she is a doctor and surgeon. I used Hunter as a profession and anatomist and field surgeon as skills to represent her knowledge of anatomy. I see her using Fire magic to cauterize wounds (in addition to frying enemies!)

August 3, 2014 6:10:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 3, 2014 6:51:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

An absolutely well written history (Kashadda Hiergamenon entry) perfectly matching the character abilities. I also like the Vestalla lore. Thanks for sharing, same goes for the designer notes.
Thank you.  

August 5, 2014 9:48:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 6, 2014 8:40:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Perhaps I did something wrong, but when I click Equipment under my sovereign's popup screen, the Equipment is still completely overlaid by the Details info. I'm running a personalized sovereign, with your latest version, as well as CoS, BMB, and CB.

August 6, 2014 9:18:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 6, 2014 9:30:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Shouldn't the equipment screen simply replace the info from details, though, when clicked on? As I recall, it did so in your previous versions.  In any case, just rendering renaming the suffix worked.

EDIT: Currently using 1366 x 768--just a bit too low for one of your higher models. And from there, I have to jump to 1600 x 900, which is just too small. Might give it a go, though. Thanks for the suggestion!

August 6, 2014 9:56:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 7, 2014 5:11:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

PrimalSavage, you seem to have used a "Champion_Bacco_XD" InternalName for Bacco the Beggar in your latest version of XtraDeconstruct, but there doesn't appear to be a hero with that InternalName in your XtraDeconstruct pack.  For some reasons it still gives you a basic version of Bacco despite there not being a Bacco of that InternalName, I don't know how it does that.  But even if you do make one, I am overriding it in my NoXPSplit mod so that he can have No Experience Split.

I did a search for "Champion_Bacco_XD" in the XtraDeconstruct folder and the only place it came up was as a reward in the replacement triggered event, not as a hero in his own right.

August 7, 2014 7:11:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 7, 2014 11:41:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 8, 2014 10:59:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've been enjoying the latest update; well done.

I do have a few suggestions for future updates:

1. More weapons for trained units; specifically bows, crossbows and staffs. Staffs in particular need more variety.
  2. More unit traits; I was thinking of things like Marksman, Wizard etc. representing training in their weaponry.
  3. Maybe eliminate inherent racial traits from races of custom factions and make them traits; give players more points. I think this will make custom factions more interesting. Choosing race means choosing which physical models you are using for your faction.
  4. More faction traits like, for example: Frail (-10% HP) Resolute (+10% defense). Change Warrior to 10% attack, put Barracks with Warrior Caste.
August 9, 2014 5:37:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 9, 2014 9:50:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Hey highwayhoss,

a. In the plans to augment the cold/fire staffs line (6/8/10/12). Similar plans for lightning staffs (9/11/13). Maybe some poison staffs, will have to see how The Code reacts. This might make it in tomorrow's update (1.7d) "MonkStaffs"/Bows/Crossbows will have to wait, especially crossbows, they need a major overhaul.

b. More Trained Unit Traits are needed for sure. I think thought I read the next DLC (or was it 2.0) would take care of that, but unfortunately I can't find the reference (Only finding stuff about a TacticalCombat+Stamps DLC). That being said, I'll keep adding a few more with each iteration of XtraDeconstruct. The more precise the request are, the easier for me it is to write the .xml and balance things out.

c. Ugh. While this would certainly fit the "Deconstruct" theme, this is a considerable undertaking. I feel I can do more in other areas of the game with the time I have left. Also, the races are linked to various ideologies and the traits they get are not entirely meaningless (Some of them being "Blood" traits)... See the "Lore" tab at the top of the page, especially ideologies. In any case, not a priority, but I did add a Guided "Weakness" (+2 Faction Strengths) which will be available in 1.7d. Time allowing, I may create blank races just for the models, will see.

d. Adding traits is fairly easy, but as with everything else, it is time consuming to fix the minor aesthetical issues and to test everything (LH xml being what it is, there's always often occasionally things not behaving as they should). The Frail Faction Weakness will make it in 1.7d along w/ a worse version. The changes to Warrior/WarriorCaste are unlikely to won't make it (See c.): it is much harder to change a Core ability properly, particularly if you need to remove something such as a tech unlock or a level up bonus.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anytime.

1. Thanks for the staff upgrades; trained Magicians need love. The staff selections as is limits mage units.
  2. OK. I mentioned things like Marksman and Wizard since they are already coded; they can represent specialized training for units (with a suitable labor cost).
  3. Fair enough. It just seems from my experience at creating factions that the races as is limits creation possibilities. (BTW I never created Tarth factions because their racial abilities seem so....limiting; I edited the Xml to increase the unit limit to 5 to make them more viable in my games.*)
  4. Yeah that LH XML can be a real pain; I tried to understand and work with it and it can be tricky to work with. Anyway, maybe a simpler approach would be to add extras to existing traits: Two examples I had in mind are the tech traits Warriors (+10% Attack) and Civics (+1 Growth bonus, though this can be altered)**. I might do a mod of that myself.

* AN alternate idea I had was to have it where Tarth Units and champs do not get Swarm bonuses to reflect their individualistic fighting style.

** The problem with these traits is that the techs can be easily acquired early on; this IMHO makes these traits rather useless. I felt these two should give faction bonuses like Adepts (extra mana) and Scholars (boosted research).

August 9, 2014 4:07:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 10, 2014 12:53:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just out of curiosity, will all of the tower shields give a better bonus to defenders than (say) attackers?

August 10, 2014 1:22:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just added my first mod based on my ideas; I changed the trait enhancements after studying the techs.

Warrior trait gives +15 Accuracy (Warriors I would assume are more familiar with weapons)

Civics gives +10% Gildar. (Civic minded factions can make money more effectively)

August 10, 2014 2:06:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For the warriors trait, I'd probably split it between Accuracy and Attack, since they'd be more familiar (accuracy) and also probably stronger. I imagine a lot of practice would make you stronger as well.

Just a thought.

August 10, 2014 8:55:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 10, 2014 9:41:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Vithar133,

For the warriors trait, I'd probably split it between Accuracy and Attack, since they'd be more familiar (accuracy) and also probably stronger. I imagine a lot of practice would make you stronger as well.

Just a thought.
My original idea was for an increased attack, but when reading the description of the corresponding trait (training), it made me realize that Accuracy was more important. I thought about having a +1 Initiative also, but looking over the faction tech traits, I noticed each one gave one additional advantage (Scholars, for example gave a +10% research while Adepts gave 40 extra mana); so I decided on increased Accuracy for the Warriors trait to reflect a faction's familiarity with weaponry.

As for attack, I was thinking of a new trait: Might (+10% Attack); this would be for factions whose people are physically stronger.

August 10, 2014 2:29:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 10, 2014 2:39:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Was referring to the class.

Also, out of curiosity, why hammers for the commanders? I would imagine spears (since you could attach banners to them, maybe) as a better option. Maybe hammers for the defender class?

----

I see your point, highwayhoss, about the traits. (I haven't really looked into them recently either).

August 10, 2014 3:16:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

August 10, 2014 3:38:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm...good point. 

Suppose one could say that an administrator/commander might need to be someone who can hold a hammer? 

Although, thinking on it now, most of the commander heroes use hammers anyways, iirc.

August 11, 2014 8:38:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time: