[eMod][LH] AI Plus

By on December 4, 2013 9:24:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DsRaider

Join Date 11/2008
+69

First of all I would like to thank Frogboy for all the hard work he has put into the AI and making the game moddable.

This mod is for everyone looking for a more challenging AI. It basically teaches the AI to play more like me!

Changes

-Reprioritizes the build order of practically every improvement and several techs. In particular they will build unrest and production buildings first most of the time. As a result AI cities are much more developed midgame.

-The AI likes to build more elite units now.

-Changes and adds tons of units to make sure the AI has good choices to choose from. Removes tons of bad designs.

-AI is is sightly better at choosing spells and champion traits.

-AI is more effected by distance and less by time. So far away players will tend to ignore you and you will receive less diplomatic penalties late game. I tried to get AIs to fight to the death more.

-Taught the AI to better play as the more unique factions such as Roseln and Magnar.

-Added some isworthy tags to several spells, so for instance Widows will no longer debuff the same unit twice.

-1 or 2 tiny balance changes to underpowered units or abilities to make the AI better at using them. These are in the AIBalance+ file and you can delete them if you want.

-Other stuff I forget.

Download: Here

To install unzip the files to the mod folder at My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods and then go into the core files at Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\FE Legendary Heroes\data\English and delete the CoreAIUnits file. I also recommend you check the units folder and delete any old units.

Only compatible with my armor visual mod so far, but they do work nicely together. I am working on my Additional Races mod as well. 

Please comment below on bugs and balance. I am also looking for some well thought out unit designs to include. PM me or give me a link. 

Plans and Random Thoughts

-The Magnar AI still builds nothing but slaves ever. I tried adding AItags to their units with no luck. Thus I had to do a workaround and remove every slave unit that wasn't basic infantry, so they will build some Quendar units.

-The AI stunts some of its cities by training units immediately after they settle a new city. This is not smart.

-More unit designs!

-Roseln builds a lot of useless spiders.

-I wish there was a proximity variable that showed how many tiles away the nearest enemy is. I could write a lot of nice isworthy tags for spells with that.

-The AI still chooses stupid paths for it's sovereigns and champions. I wish I could add a AITrait to champions so that I could prioritize them choosing certain traits.

-Other stuff.

Locked Post 81 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 16, 2013 9:12:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

All the files can just be placed in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods. I'm not sure if placing the AIMisc file in the steam folder will work properly.

Thanks for trying out the mod.

December 16, 2013 1:13:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,

All the files can just be placed in My Games\LegendaryHeroes\Mods. I'm not sure if placing the AIMisc file in the steam folder will work properly.

Thanks for trying out the mod.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I didn't mean putting the AIMisc+ file in the Steam folder.  I was just trying to clarify that the contents of the AIMisc+ file contained the units that replaced those (and added new ones) in the original Core AI Units file that I remove from the Steam folder?

December 16, 2013 2:39:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No not really. AIMisc+ adds a bunch of completely new units and overwrites some units from CoreUnits. Overwriting CoreAIUnits would be a lot work when it's not needed and can just be deleted. It's full of very bad community designs.

December 16, 2013 6:08:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,

No not really. AIMisc+ adds a bunch of completely new units and overwrites some units from CoreUnits. Overwriting CoreAIUnits would be a lot work when it's not needed and can just be deleted. It's full of very bad community designs.

Got it.  So the units you have in your file provides better units than what's in CoreAIUnits so that's why we can just delete it to avoid the AI making those other units in the CoreAIUnits file.

January 2, 2014 2:10:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning

I have not attempted this mod because it both intrigues and scares me.

The amount of AI improvement you offer looks very promising. I especially am appealed to the thoughts of distance impacting diplomacy and reprioritization of AI city building.

The part that scares me is the complete revamp of the unit designs. Soooo many. Makes me think that the AI will have a really hard time trying to decide what to go with when they train.

Before I dive into this mod, I have a few questions:

- How easy is it to split the mod into two parts? (ie simply have the new units set aside for now) Would the other parts of your mod suffer? (ie, does it require the new units to really provide that additional AI challenge?)

- how compatible is this mod with other mods? I have an ... extensive list ... that I use: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7k7l5aw0iapr8k/Mods%20Used.jpg as well as several direct changes to the core files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qslmylv4b1o7ar/Core%20Changes.jpg. This your mod easily conflict with other mods?

Thanks!

January 4, 2014 1:39:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

To remove the unit designs just remove the AIMisc+ and AiMagnar+ files from the mod. I don't think you need to do this however as the designs I have added mostly overwrite really bad existing ones or fill obvious gaps. The main point of this is to force the AI to build tougher units so it's stacks are tougher and not so easy to steam roll. Thus the units they will build will tend to have more traits and upgradeable armor. Also it gives them access to some much better archers and mages with items and traits that improve accuracy and initiative, and fixes some stupid unit designs that had 8 initiative and such. So I don't suggest removing those files although if you do the rest of the mod will work fine.

I think your mostly safe compatibility wise. My mod may override some of the changes you made to improvements in the core files but that's it.

January 7, 2014 12:04:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,
To remove the unit designs just remove the AIMisc+ and AiMagnar+ files from the mod. I don't think you need to do this however as the designs I have added mostly overwrite really bad existing ones or fill obvious gaps. The main point of this is to force the AI to build tougher units so it's stacks are tougher and not so easy to steam roll. Thus the units they will build will tend to have more traits and upgradeable armor. Also it gives them access to some much better archers and mages with items and traits that improve accuracy and initiative, and fixes some stupid unit designs that had 8 initiative and such. So I don't suggest removing those files although if you do the rest of the mod will work fine.

I think your mostly safe compatibility wise. My mod may override some of the changes you made to improvements in the core files but that's it.

It's nothing against your mod -- I'm sure it's quite good. I'm just being very picky at the moment as to what I want to play with for mods due to the large mass of them that I play with. Need to make sure they all get along with eachother.

My next game I plan to toss your mod into the mix and see how it goes. Have some prior questions if you don't mind:

- In AI+.xml, you have entire spells and techs copied over. I am curious as to why you don't just copy the AI priority as you've done for the improvement types and abilities?

- How does the overall range of you AI priorities compare to the base game? I ask because other mods will have AI priorities as well...and I'm just wondering how flexible the AI can be?

- In AIdefs+.xml, you have the 'early' game ending on turn 50. May I ask for your reasoning behind this? I would have thought turn 75 or even turn 100 would be better...gives the AI more time to settle in. Do the monsters become to much of a problem?

- In AIMagnar+.xml you have a 'removed' section. Are you saying there that you just are not using any of the units below that point?

- In you're description you write "and delete the CoreAIUnits file. I also recommend you check the units folder and delete any old units." From this, I presume the AIMisc+.xml file is meant to replace CoreAIUnits.xml. However, what is the 'delete old units' refer to?

Youv'e obviously put a great deal of time into this, so I'd like to thank you for your efforts. 

January 9, 2014 9:49:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

fyi

I think you have 2 "Unit_Medium_Wraith_AI" in your AIMisc+.xml file.

February 26, 2014 7:26:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi, is there anything the mod can do for AI just sitting being shot at during some battles? (where it judges the attack to be risky, but instead waits and losses all its units to ranged attack without inflicting a single loss on the enemy).

March 7, 2014 2:55:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DsRaider-

Downloaded this and looked it over. Gonna give playing it a shot.

Just curious, how did you get rid of the old unit designs you don't like? Giving new tags to the old units by name, or effectively shutting off old units?

March 8, 2014 4:23:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting davrovana,

DsRaider-

Downloaded this and looked it over. Gonna give playing it a shot.

Just curious, how did you get rid of the old unit designs you don't like? Giving new tags to the old units by name, or effectively shutting off old units?

From the previous discussion I can assume that by manually removing the file that contains them.

March 8, 2014 2:37:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I use a bit of everything to get rid of old unit designs. Mostly I overwrite them and add a new prereq.

If your interested in this mod check out Blood & Mana which includes more AI tweaks I haven't got around to adding to this mod. It also features many more units that use the unique racial traits from B&M.

March 14, 2014 3:26:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v1a.

-Some new units and fixes a bug that was blocking a lot of old ones.

-Tweaked AI priorities and diplomatic penalties to encourage more war.

March 30, 2014 12:02:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Been playing around with this. Overall I notice a slight increase in the AI's performance, without the game being drastically changed.

Gonna give you a more detailed opinion after a few more sample plays. But so far, this seems to be accomplishing its goals of improving the AI.

April 12, 2014 5:11:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Played a game on anthys. So the AI had a lot of room to expand into, which usually works in its favor. But noticed a huge increase in difficulty playing on Expert/Expert.

Observations:

-Better unit design seems to really helpt the AI. Pretty sure I saw designs you added, and the AI used them and used them well

-Gilden uses guarded strike way, way too often. I think this is your mod, and this is one thing I'd change. They prioritize guarded strike over crushing blow, and that was a big advantage to me in not getting killed.

-magnar still only wants to build slaves, in my experience

-AI took longer to declare war on me, was more willing to make alliances than usual

Overall:

-I like AI+, might make it standard for my games. Will turn it off for a playthrough, though, to see if any changes are obvious without it

-I especially like how you avoided huge changes to core gameplay to accomplish your goal of boosting the AI

April 14, 2014 1:19:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the feedback Davrovana.

I have tweaked a lot of stuff but the two main improvements in this mod are:

-Additional unit designs and greater AI emphasis on building more expensive units. As you noticed you can really see how they build tougher units.

-Higher AI priority on reducing build times and building construction improvements. If you compare vanilla and this mod you will see that AI cities have many more improvements and upgrades with this mod.

The whole diplomacy thing is still a work in progress so feel free to comment. I'm pretty sure I didn't touch Guarded Strike although I could add a IsWorthy tag to it, if I can think of a useful one. The AI just loves slaves way to much. They rarely build anything else although they do occasionally build elite normal units later game with this mod from my experience. I have tried everything to get them to build them less with only a little luck. At least they don't spam slave archers anymore. Those were the weakest units in the entire game...

April 14, 2014 9:24:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,

At least they don't spam slave archers anymore. Those were the weakest units in the entire game...

Yes, I have to say the slave units magnar did spam seemed higher in quality.

I forgot to mention that indeed, the AI seems to suddenly care about infrastructure - its growth curve was much more dramatic even on expert/expert because it actually took the time to build masons, mills, studies, schools, etc. At least, noticably more than before.

May 20, 2014 1:35:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just tried this mod (my first non-vanilla game in a year or more), and it's a step in the right direction.  A Challenging/Hard level start now better lives up to its name, though it's still fairly easy to fend off attackers (more aggressive AI that's incompetent isn't much different than AI that is passive--I guess this is something that must be addressed with core AI rather than modding, which I view much like using bandaids to "mend" a broken bone).  Great effort so far, though, with what you have to work with.  The unit designs were much more appropriate, and the AI built up their factions quicker than in vanilla, which gives the false impression of a challenging game to come.  The end game is still a letdown as the AI squanders all its resources and falls apart under even a casual assault.

Unlike what some misguided people claim, it has nothing to do with AI's inability to handle magic--it really is an optimization problem in other areas (areas that the GalCiv2 AI handles beautifully).  The only magic I used in this test game were city buffs and Arcane Monolith (I dislike using pioneers for outposts); the rest was simple exploration, exploitation, pushing research, and then ramming it down the throat of any near AI that declared war on me just because their "power" score was higher. If the AI did likewise, they be far more successful without having to figure out how to use complex magic setups.

On the off-chance that you modders have powerful enough tools to tweak behavior, I'll list what I noticed:

AI still did not optimize units for initiative, fielding mostly 15-18s against my 26-ish units; they should at least have a few units optimized as first-strikers/vanguards.  They did not coordinate attacks on anything of value (collectively, the 3 factions I wiped out captured 1 of my outposts for a couple of turns), or try any threatening tactics.

Then when I counterattacked, they did not protect their cities, even with units that were close by when I entered their territory, so wiping out their manufacturing power without any losses was without satisfaction.  Even losing factions need to put up a real fight for the victory to be worth anything; pull back units to any city that has enemies close, pump out troops instead of non-relevant buildings (they are getting beat and they are building a garden?).  Truthfully, a good boost to their AI would be the distinction between peace and wartime; they should be optimized to build size and economic strength before they ever declare war, they should not declare war before they have a good handle on their infrastructure, and then they should go into full war-production mode once in a struggle with an opponent that's even close to their power rating.

As many people have noted, they still made little use of the power they built, squandering what lead I had given them by inefficient or seemingly random pathing (the AI should be taught that when they declare war on the player, they better be really serious about it, or they be made a laughing stock).

A couple of possible bugs I noticed that aren't in my vanilla games:  Sov/champions get dodged fairly often even when the creature has a 0 dodge and the attacker has over 100 to-hit (in one case I noted, my Sov got dodged with a 164 accuracy vs. a 0 dodge--this should never happen). If this is done intentionally, then it's a perfect example of artificial "challenge" that gamers hate, because it's cheap/cheaty/unsupportable, rather than being something that presents a genuine challenge.

All of the factions "met" me early in the game, even though they were far away and I never saw a unit or territory from them (I frequently use the cloth map to easily spot where they come in a vanilla game from so I can plan my expansion/defense accordingly, and in your game, they were nowhere I could see).  Insane Ceresa even declared war on me fairly early on and then never showed up--she was at least 30 movement turns from my closest territory/unit (it took me half the game to find her).  This is one of those bugs-within-a-bug problem (allowing bad diplomacy programming earlier in the game is only hurtful).  It's far better from a game tactics standpoint to not have "diplomatic" relations with a faction you have not actually met.  Unless there's something I'm missing about this, early contact benefits the AI none at all, and therefore provides no added challenge for the player (in fact, I used the early contact to more easily control the opponents and my strategy).

A couple bugs I have not encountered in the last few versions of vanilla also popped up: the build queue inaccuracy and the inaccurate move distance calculation (though I have no idea how your mod could "bring" those old bugs back).

I'm still hoping this game can produce a challenging end game, to balance out the fun exploring, amusing quests, and often tough starts (I keep terrible starting positions for the extra challenge of coming from way behind).  All the great tactical games demand sacrifices of the player (you will have to lose units to achieve overall victory rather than the "never lose a man" victory that FE has).  If you want any more feedback, let me know; I consider myself an average 4x gamer, so should be good to test ideas against.  In any case, I appreciate your efforts.  Happy modding.

ETA: To clarify, I usually play on a Challenging world setting, with a mix of Hard/Expert AI (all Expert gets annoying since they have so many boosts to money and research).  Do I need to modify these settings to get a better feel for your mod?

May 20, 2014 3:10:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gorde,
Unlike what some misguided people claim, it has nothing to do with AI's inability to handle magic--it really is an optimization problem in other areas (areas that the GalCiv2 AI handles beautifully). The only magic I used in this test game were city buffs and Arcane Monolith (I dislike using pioneers for outposts); the rest was simple exploration, exploitation, pushing research, and then ramming it down the throat of any near AI that declared war on me just because their "power" score was higher. If the AI did likewise, they be far more successful without having to figure out how to use complex magic setups.

I totally agree. Like you basic troops is all I need to beat the AI and almost never lose a unit.

Quoting Gorde,
AI still did not optimize units for initiative, fielding mostly 15-18s against my 26-ish units; they should at least have a few units optimized as first-strikers/vanguards. They did not coordinate attacks on anything of value (collectively, the 3 factions I wiped out captured 1 of my outposts for a couple of turns), or try any threatening tactics.

One of the things I really tried to do with this mod was fix the low Initiative thing. I did this by adding and changing a bunch of unit designs for every faction to include the Fast trait and swords mostly. I made a lot of changes to archers in particular, by adding Fast and Soldier's Boots for +3 Initiative. I think the average Initiative of AI units is a fair bit higher with this mod. Without it they tend to build a lot of 12 Initiative units... If your using units with 26 Initiative then you are either using swords, magical items, or a lot of indirect buffs like Strike Garrisons or City enchantments. While a few of my new units use magical Initiative items I could probably add more. I mostly haven't done this because I tend not to use a lot of magical items on the troops I use because like you I don't find it necessary. As for City Improvements and Enchantments this is unfortunately an area I can't improve. I could get the AI to build and get them more but not actually build most of their troops in those cities.

The good news is that Frogboy is working on an AI patch and I have mentioned this. You might want to check out that thread and post your own insights.

Quoting Gorde,
Truthfully, a good boost to their AI would be the distinction between peace and wartime; they should be optimized to build size and economic strength before they ever declare war, they should not declare war before they have a good handle on their infrastructure, and then they should go into full war-production mode once in a struggle with an opponent that's even close to their power rating.

The AI does weigh certain actions like research and building different when at war. It could be done a bit better though.

Quoting Gorde,
A couple of possible bugs I noticed that aren't in my vanilla games:

I don't see how this mod could cause those bugs.

Quoting Gorde,
ETA: To clarify, I usually play on a Challenging world setting, with a mix of Hard/Expert AI (all Expert gets annoying since they have so many boosts to money and research). Do I need to modify these settings to get a better feel for your mod?

This mod should work equally with every setting and difficulty.

May 23, 2014 2:43:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting DsRaider,

One of the things I really tried to do with this mod was fix the low Initiative thing. I did this by adding and changing a bunch of unit designs for every faction to include the Fast trait and swords mostly. I made a lot of changes to archers in particular, by adding Fast and Soldier's Boots for +3 Initiative. I think the average Initiative of AI units is a fair bit higher with this mod. Without it they tend to build a lot of 12 Initiative units... If your using units with 26 Initiative then you are either using swords, magical items, or a lot of indirect buffs like Strike Garrisons or City enchantments. While a few of my new units use magical Initiative items I could probably add more. I mostly haven't done this because I tend not to use a lot of magical items on the troops I use because like you I don't find it necessary. As for City Improvements and Enchantments this is unfortunately an area I can't improve. I could get the AI to build and get them more but not actually build most of their troops in those cities.

The good news is that Frogboy is working on an AI patch and I have mentioned this. You might want to check out that thread and post your own insights.

Yes, I seek out and mine crystal and use the boosts.  My first units built always have the boots, haste, and the belt (and later, the +2 amulet), and benefit from the air magic city buff (when possible).  Why shouldn't the AI do these things?  Don't get me wrong, your builds are superior and sufficient early on (and in combination with the Expert level "free" buffs they get, they can be scary); but endgame units with that 16-18 initiative will never present a challenge, no matter how many of them there are (on my current Expert level game, I just took out 8 full stacks with my B-team army without a loss because of initiative).  How about 1 or 2 designs that use the higher end swords, boots, belt, amulet, and horse/warg as a vanguard unit (with bunny power, of course)?  That should give them high-20s and a fighting chance against all but the best opponents.

Speaking of crystal hording, sending small hit parties to wipe out/capture crystal outposts would be a great tactic for the AI since they already field so many small armies (Tarth ought to excel at guerrilla tactics like this), especially if the AI would use the crystal.  This would make the location of your outposts/mines relative to the enemy a tactical consideration.

Frogboy at work again on AI?  That paints a big grin on my face; the game could use lots of his kind of cleverness (I feared he was too busy to spend much time on core AI).  I have many good memories of the whacky-unpredictable AI of GalCiv2, and a couple of fair-and-square losses made those victories on the harder levels all that much sweeter.

May 24, 2014 11:42:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Gorde,
Yes, I seek out and mine crystal and use the boosts. My first units built always have the boots, haste, and the belt (and later, the +2 amulet), and benefit from the air magic city buff (when possible). Why shouldn't the AI do these things? Don't get me wrong, your builds are superior and sufficient early on (and in combination with the Expert level "free" buffs they get, they can be scary); but endgame units with that 16-18 initiative will never present a challenge, no matter how many of them there are (on my current Expert level game, I just took out 8 full stacks with my B-team army without a loss because of initiative). How about 1 or 2 designs that use the higher end swords, boots, belt, amulet, and horse/warg as a vanguard unit (with bunny power, of course)? That should give them high-20s and a fighting chance against all but the best opponents.

Speaking of crystal hording, sending small hit parties to wipe out/capture crystal outposts would be a great tactic for the AI since they already field so many small armies (Tarth ought to excel at guerrilla tactics like this), especially if the AI would use the crystal. This would make the location of your outposts/mines relative to the enemy a tactical consideration.

Frogboy at work again on AI? That paints a big grin on my face; the game could use lots of his kind of cleverness (I feared he was too busy to spend much time on core AI). I have many good memories of the whacky-unpredictable AI of GalCiv2, and a couple of fair-and-square losses made those victories on the harder levels all that much sweeter.

I'm now working on adding a lot more late game units. Most of which use magical speed items. I just never got around to it before because I tended not to play into the late game much. I have also made a lot of champion traits more valuable so the AI will pick the better ones. I already had this for warriors but I have made it more comprehensive. Hopefully Frogboy makes the AI prefer building units in Forts with lots of bonuses, if so then the Ai should soon be pumping out some really tough units.

May 26, 2014 1:12:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the efforts.  I hope you agree that a challenging ending would elevate this game to a new level of awesome, and better units will help as long as they aren't misused too noticeably.  It will be interesting to see what you can do once you see what Frogboy is hatching for the next update.  I look forward to the day when the programming is tweaked so well that the "AI" won't need large artificial bonuses to compete.

June 8, 2014 2:37:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is this compatible with the latest 1.6 patch?

Edit:

Should I just try Blood & Mana instead?

June 8, 2014 3:32:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes this will work for 1.6. Using this or B&M is up to you, it depends on what you want.

June 13, 2014 11:42:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I do recommend for some top end units:

- Adding some equipment like a first aid kit or something for each sub-type.

Using this:

<EquipmentUpgradeDef>
            <EquipmentSlot>Cloak</EquipmentSlot>
            <SelectionCriteria>MaximizeSum</SelectionCriteria>
            <ComparisonAttribute>UnitStat_Defense_Pierce</ComparisonAttribute>
        </EquipmentUpgradeDef>

Edit all the maximum sum units to do this. This will offer the units the best cloaks possible.

I think that this mod is a good start, but does not address end-game at this point.

There may also need to be some high end units of all races, an example of a unit I made (and I'm not saying it's a great unit, but):

<Equipment>K_Female_Head_02</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateHelmet_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateBreastpiece_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>DragonHideCloak</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateVambraces_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>Staff_Leht</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateGreaves_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateBoots_Champion</Equipment>
        <Equipment>AmuletofWarding</Equipment>
        <Equipment>AmuletOfHaste</Equipment>
        <Equipment>FirstAidKit</Equipment>
        <Equipment>AmuletOfFrost</Equipment>

<UnitModelType>AmarianFemale</UnitModelType>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Blood_Amarian</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>ArmorProficiency2</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Fast</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>SpellResistance</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>

Essentially, Pariden does not have access its iconic weapon, the special staff for example. It may be worth swapping this over to chain mail for better initiative.

Krax is another example:

<Equipment>K_Female_Head_03</Equipment>
        <Equipment>Pike_Shocking_Krax</Equipment>
        <Equipment>TowerShield</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateHelmet_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateBreastpiece_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>DragonHideCloak</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateVambraces_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateGreaves_Champions</Equipment>
        <Equipment>PlateBoots_Champion</Equipment>
        <Equipment>AmuletofWarding</Equipment>
        <Equipment>FirstAidKit</Equipment>
        <Equipment>AmuletOfFrost</Equipment>
        <Equipment>AmuletOfHaste</Equipment>

<SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Blood_Krax</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>ArmorProficiency2</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>SpellResistance</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>
        <SelectedAbilityBonusOption>Fast</SelectedAbilityBonusOption>

At end game, they don't have a unit taking advantage of their short spear.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time: