Transfer of population mechanics

By on November 30, 2013 3:10:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

rjbschol

Join Date 10/2008

1. Get the population of a city close enough to its next level population threshold.
2. Disband an army, such that the army population is added to target city. Within the same turn, repeat until target city reaches or crosses the population threshold.
3. Instead of getting the city level up bonus selection dialog, only the level up sound effect plays. It appears that the bonus improvement is lost forever?

I've had the same thing happen with Magnar or the Dead DLC faction when population is transferred to the nearest city as a result of winning a battle (or razing a city).

Any thoughts on this?

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 1, 2013 12:33:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've had it cross the level boundary when defeating the correct type of army or razing a city, but as long as I didn't do anything else, I still got the level-up the next turn.  Maybe if you do it more than once it "forgets" that it should have given a level-up.

December 2, 2013 6:46:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks! I tried your suggestion yesterday and I got the level-up dialog the next turn as you said. I can't confirm if there are any other situations when the game "forgets" this dialog, but I'll post it here if I find anything.

December 2, 2013 7:50:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I didn't actually realise that disbanded armies population was added to the nearest city. Is it at a rate of one per figure? It could presumably be used as another way to get Dead cities to grow, crank out cheap units from your capital. Might be worth it to get villages to level 2.

December 2, 2013 9:47:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The amount of population that is added is equal to the population cost of training such a unit, so a company would add 6 population if I'm not mistaken.

It is actually a potential exploit --I think-- when playing as the Undead since training an undead unit does not cost you population. Disbanding such a unit however, still adds population to a city.

December 2, 2013 9:55:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hrm...I've never tried this, but does disbanding a pioneer inside a town add +30 (or +33) population?  If it does, I definitely have a new tactic to consider...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: