I will be slowly updating this (school + work) but I'm starting a thread to grab all the changes I'd like to see in the game as well as some of the other changes suggested by the community. Feel free to comment below this thread to point out other threads or if you want me to add something to this list. Modders if you have a mod that fixes some of these items please link your mods here to so we can possibly have community created fixes added to the base game.
1. Under game concepts add an explanation of how the diplomancy system works.
1. Right-clicking a trait in the Unit Design window should remove it. Currently the player must remove go to the Traits tab and deselect it there.
2. Enable the user to rotate the unit during creation.
3. Female slaves/henchmen - although I totally understand if this is a sensitive issue.
1. Familiar always start at level 1 (http://forums.elementalgame.com/450505/page/1/ for fix)
- verified caster level, Summon I, Summon II, Summon III and Summoner all do not level up familiar.
2. Familiar is not able to summon the air elemental or crag spawn. All other summons appear to be working. (http://forums.elementalgame.com/450505/page/1/ for fix)
1. Comparison tooltips to compare the newly acquired item with what the unit leader has currently equipped.
1. Some method of continuing movement orders for any unit that has them without ending the turn. Such as a new button.
2. Black shadows on terrain
3. Waypoint feature
4. New heroes should appear at the captial, or maybe a random city, instead of next to the sovereign.
5. Roads should level up depending on the civilizations tech level.
- Path - granting +1 movement
- Road @ Construction tech - granting +2 movement
- Highway @ Mobilization with prereq Construction - granting +4 movement
6. The initial tower improvement should determine the capital location. Also it should have multiple tiers.
Tower - Would be as it is now.
City Hall - 3 percent unrest reduction for all cities, +1 growth (in addition to previous bonuses)
Capital - 10% Gildar bonus to all cities, +1 growth (in addition to previous bonuses.)
1. The shopping experience needs to be more organized...perhaps into the same catagories as shown how a hero is equipped.
2. The prices of items in other factions territory should be impacted by your relationship with them AND rarity of the item (encouraging you to develop the items for your shop yourself)
3. Random events could exist where a shop keeper approaches you and offers to sell you a rarer item on occassion
1. [BUG] Little green lines
2. [BUG] Scrolling the mouse wheel causes the tech names to slightly move
3. [BUG] Tech names and turns remaining should be locked down on the research node. Currently as you scroll the screen the text will move to stay on screen until it absolutely has nowhere else to go.
[Balance/Bug] City Defenders Fixed
- Currently if your city is attacked a second time on the same turn, your city defenders do not fight.
- Currently if you attack an AI city a second time on the same turn, ALL their city defenders fight (even if they've died in the first attack)
- A consistent system to be made to made it fair for player and AI alike.
- Units HP and alive/dead status of city defenders should be tracked across the turn. If a unit is dead...it's dead for the rest of the turn. If a unit is wounded...it stays wounded for the rest of the turn (if nothing else happens)
- At the start of a new turn, the status is reset
1. [BUG] Rush is acting like crushing blow. Using the rush ability skips the units next turn. If this was done for balance reasons the tooltip should state it applies the dazed effect or something like that.
2. Allow higher quality shadow maps. Aware this might be a limitation of the engine.
3. Get rid of trees that block the view of of the battlefield.
4. Adjust the contrast depending on which map is in play so the shading is clearly visible on all maps.
5. Fix the maps that don't quite line up with where you mouse-click. With some maps, if you click in the middle of a square, you'll end up in the square next to it.
6. Quit allowing the AI to stack more than one unit per square.
7. Allow the player to scroll tactical maps using the arrow keys (so it's consistent with how you can scroll the strategic map).
Other users wishlist.
1. onomastikon has some good stuff here http://forums.elementalgame.com/447441/page/1/#3392103
1. attackdrone's Outpost Upgrades http://forums.elementalgame.com/446432/page/1/
Bugs I noticed in 1.4 but I have not retested.
1. Units summoned within tactical combat do not participate if the combat is then auto resolved.