[eMod] Patchwork mod - AI boost

By on November 19, 2013 2:52:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

webusver

Join Date 12/2012
+25

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1891/

This mod improves AI and makes some aspects of the game more comfortable to play.

Last update to v.1.6. April 01 2014

Description

This mod improves AI and makes some aspects of the game more comfortable to play.

Compatibility: v.1.5 and 1-4 DLS's. Compatible with Parrottmath's mods and others which doesn't change units and abilities.

To install the mod, first backup your English folder, then copy the downloaded files into it. If you don't have DLC's, delete appropriate DLC files.

This folder is here: /steam/steamapps/common/FE Legendary Heroes/data/English

Do not put files to: /Documents/My Games/FE Legendary Heroes/Mods

There were lots of features that were not be possible to be done like regular mods, so I decided to put everything into one folder (English). It’s better than have to copy files to both folders (English and Mods)

Features
Fixes
1. Fixed unusable unit designs forgotten in v.1.5. (forgotten shields with one-handed weapons
2. Fixed vanilla Scrap Golem having no weapon.
3. Fixed problems of 1.5 patch with Wilding Hermit and Darkling shaman unable to summon lesser units.
4. Fixed issue resulted in lightning attack of Lightning Longbow was not calculated as ranged attack.
AI improvements
1. AI trains more units;
2. AI equips his units better;
3. AI trains more elite and mounted troops;
4. AI builds more fortresses to produce better troops;
5. AI more often enchants his cities with unit enchanting spells;
6. AI pays more attention to increase production rates in his cities;
7. AI pays more attention to develop combat traits of his heroes;
8. AI politics is more aggressive than in original;
9. AI hunts for monsters and quests more often;
10. Default AI races are more combat oriented;
11. Traits that AI doesn’t use properly are changed or disabled;
12. More units are available to AI to suit in every gameplay condition. Every of 11 races has:
• 1 additional type of pioneers
• 2 additional types of scouts (1 of them is mounted);
• 2 additional types of clubsmen;
• 2 additional types of spearmen;
• 2 additional types of defenders;
• 2 additional types of light warriors;
• 2 additional types of medium warriors (1 of them is mounted);
• 2 additional types of heavy warriors (all mounted versions);
• 2 additional types of medium magic warriors (all mounted versions);
• 2 additional types of heavy magic warriors (all mounted versions);
• 2 additional types of horsemen (all mounted versions);
• 5 additional types of archers (including mounted versions);
• 5 additional types of crossbowmen (including mounted versions);
• 5 additional types of mages (including mounted versions);
• 3-5 (depending on race) additional types of zealots (including mounted versions).
13. Also:
• 9 additional types of henchmen for Altarians;
• 3 additional types of golems for Ironneers;
• 3 additional types of juggernauts for Trogs;
• 1 additional type of each spider for the trait “Cult of hundred eyes”.
Gameplay
1. Good starting locations every new game. No need for Ctrl+N;
2. Monetary economic model. All units require gold to train. All buildings require gold to build.
3. If you train a unit, the number of its soldiers is subtracted from city’s population. (Thanks to Parrottmath!)
4. Intensive combat. (Units gain more dodge, critical chances and some happy/unhappy battle events);
5. More types of weapons and armors for unit design;
6. Added traits to unit design: alchemist, guard and road building for every race;
7. More chances to find armor and weapons in loot;
8. Lower prices in shops. No need to rely on loot equipment for heroes;
9. Added 24 premium heroes of 15 level;
10. Added 18 Undead heroes;
11. Garrison units reduce unrest and gain 1 experience per turn;
12. Every trained unit requires gold and population to be trained;
13. Every building requires gold to be built.
14. Each weapon has its special strike.
15. Each race has its unique set of weapons.
16. Added unique city defenders. Some mages defend conclaves, some knights defend fortresses, some crossbowmen defend towns. Common defenders such as city militia and city archers remain too.
17. Added medium fire and ice staffs. Earlier mages had to wait too long to get good staffs, so these medium staffs were added.
18. Rebalanced quendar slaves to act more like cannon fodder rather than unlucky losers.
19. At the start of the game all items that are available for training units are also available in the shop.
20. Unrest doesn't increase with the number of cities. It increases while the city grows in levels. This is vital for gameplay on huge maps.
21. Heroes don't divide experience.
22. Enchanter specialty gives a full set of 3 lightning staffs with increasing lightning attack and they replace fire staffs. AI prefers to use lightning staffs over fire staffs if he has opportunity.
23. Hero traits that are of low or even negative use for AI are changed or disabled.
24. Thrown weapons now deal amount of damage equal to the number of soldiers in the group (Thanks to Parrottmath!)
25. Staff class of weapons is expanded. Earlier there were just a staff and monk's staff with no possibility to upgrade. Now this possibility exists up to Arcane weapons.
26. Added new class of troops - zealots. They fight with melee staffs.
27. Added new racial trait "Monk Robes" (costs 0 to choose like Masterwork Chain) which replaces Leather armor with a set of robes. If you wish your light troops look like mages, or you prefer Dodge over Defence, this option is for you.
28. Added hardened leather cuirass, light chainmail and some trait-specific weapons available to unit design. Now you have richer choice while designing your units. Perfect crossbow is rebalanced and added to Arcane weapons and thus available for unit design.
29. I tried to make AI enchant his cities with more unit spells, such as Heart of Fire, Aura of Might. I set better priorities for these spells but still the best priority is with Enchanted Hammers spell. Then goes Heart of fire, Inspiration and the rest combat and city spells.
30. 3 level city adds 1 essense. I hope this helps AI to enchant his cities with more unit spells.
31. Units have 5 perk slots instead of 4.
32. Quest for Arctic wolf cloak is replaced for IceWarg Cloak quest. Player has to fight wargs instead of wolfs, and gains IceWarg Cloak. In this world Arctic wolf cloaks are available in shops from the beginning of the game, so there was somehow rather useless to fight wolves in order to get an item of low interest.
33. Added new racial trait “Guile”, which gives additional perk slot for training units.
34. Added new racial trait “Manufacturer”, which gives additional production per material.
35. “Wholesale Purchase” spell is added. In case player has excessive gold and doesn't need it, then for 1200 gildars it's possible buy 120 metals, 60 crystals, 10 horses and 10 wargs. Usage of this operation increases Fame by +10. This spell is unlocked by Economics technology.
36. New tech City Enchantment was added. It unlocks Scrying pool, Guardian Statue and spells: Heart of Fire, Aura of Might, Aura of Grace, Aura of Vitality. Unlocking these spells allows to cast these spells early, not depending on types of recruited heroes and chosen magic schools. This thech was made especially for AI.
37. New tech was added Advanced Warfare. It gives some bonuses that earlier belonged to War Colleges tech. At the same time War Colleges give some expensive books to upgrade heroes. This was done also in case if a player has excessive gold. There will never be too much gold, be sure.
38. Updated economic model. Now player has to pay for every equipment and even traits of his trained units. Skilled and highly armed and armored troops should be more expensive. Tested how AI survives in new circumstances. AI is just brilliant!!!
39. Added an option to choose Rusty Armor to replace common chainmail. By default Undead race wears rusty armor. This armor is available to unit design like Light Plate armor and has the same parameters, but looks great on undead.
40. Added Gladiator armor to unit design. Player can choose it to replace Raider's chainmail. By default Tarthians have gladiator's armor. It's even written in its description, that Tarths wear gladiator's armor with pride.
41. If you have DLC 02 installed, then while choosing Assasins tools you gain another design of leather armor. It looks like assasin's armor but has paramenters of common leather armor. So, welcome Urxens-ninjas.
42. Catapults are much stronger now. Deadly machines.
43. AI has higher value for the following priorities: upgrade heroes to Commander path and teach Leadership and Tactics, build more fortresses and enchant cities with spells that give combat bonuses to units. AI builds less conclaves and rarely builds towns.
44. Summoned Skath and Spider mounts for trained troops.

Company of Legendary Heroes:

Locked Post 381 Replies +5
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 11, 2013 11:12:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The mod is updated for better performance on huge maps with many opponents. Needs testing.

December 13, 2013 3:47:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I´ll dl it and try it out today or tomorrow. Will however take Primal_Savage tip and try to include his XtraSavageDifficulty.xml. But´ll Ill go for huge map and many opponents

If I would like to try out and put your files in the mod folder. Do I just extract them into that folder or do I have to place them in certain sub folders?

Edit: Thinking about that I now am having my opponents on Hard and Expert. I like how they play but dislike the economic and resource advantage. It might be solved with XtraSavageDIfficulty but I´m not sure what the AI advantages are on hard and expert. Am I just thinking the AI will be better and have less recourses or will they still have more recourses that me?
The only thing I really disliked what that my opponents had like 1k+ crystal and 2k+ metal and hundreds of horses while I were strugling with around 30 crystal, 100 metal and 10 horses. I felt pretty outclassed lol

/NOwaR (KillerOrc)

December 15, 2013 6:47:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting nowar1979,

I´ll dl it and try it out today or tomorrow. Will however take Primal_Savage tip and try to include his XtraSavageDifficulty.xml. But´ll Ill go for huge map and many opponents

If I would like to try out and put your files in the mod folder. Do I just extract them into that folder or do I have to place them in certain sub folders?

Edit: Thinking about that I now am having my opponents on Hard and Expert. I like how they play but dislike the economic and resource advantage. It might be solved with XtraSavageDIfficulty but I´m not sure what the AI advantages are on hard and expert. Am I just thinking the AI will be better and have less recourses or will they still have more recourses that me?
The only thing I really disliked what that my opponents had like 1k+ crystal and 2k+ metal and hundreds of horses while I were strugling with around 30 crystal, 100 metal and 10 horses. I felt pretty outclassed lol

/NOwaR (KillerOrc)

It's possible to use XtraSavageDifficulty.xml over my mod.

Now I'm looking forward to optimize the mod to use less memory. I'm going to reduce possible numbers of units and AI economic bonus. XtraSavage mod wouldn't help with AI having tons of resourses.

Putting my files in the mod folder may do a mess, because I didn't only add some features, but I also disabled the others. So if you return original files to English folder and put the mod in the mod folder, then I some abilities may work twice in several possible different ways. There may be a mess in hero class traits and descriptions. (But may be not. I didn't test it. I was going to make a common mod in the mod folder, but I saw some difficulties and had to move to English folder. Since then I mod files on that way.)

I don't think that putting mod files to English folder may cause hangs. There are just xml files and it seems no matter where from they are taken.

I plan to finish the update of my mod in 4-5 days (may be earlier). This will be more stable and balanced with resources version.

What do you think about this:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/450781/page/1/

http://forums.elementalgame.com/450780/page/1/

http://forums.elementalgame.com/450842/page/1/

I'm going to add these features in this update bit didn't decide yet in which way.

December 17, 2013 1:25:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting webusver,

It's possible to use XtraSavageDifficulty.xml over my mod.

Now I'm looking forward to optimize the mod to use less memory. I'm going to reduce possible numbers of units and AI economic bonus. XtraSavage mod wouldn't help with AI having tons of resourses.

Putting my files in the mod folder may do a mess, because I didn't only add some features, but I also disabled the others. So if you return original files to English folder and put the mod in the mod folder, then I some abilities may work twice in several possible different ways. There may be a mess in hero class traits and descriptions. (But may be not. I didn't test it. I was going to make a common mod in the mod folder, but I saw some difficulties and had to move to English folder. Since then I mod files on that way.)

I don't think that putting mod files to English folder may cause hangs. There are just xml files and it seems no matter where from they are taken.

I plan to finish the update of my mod in 4-5 days (may be earlier). This will be more stable and balanced with resources version.

What do you think about this:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/450781/page/1/

http://forums.elementalgame.com/450780/page/1/

http://forums.elementalgame.com/450842/page/1/

I'm going to add these features in this update bit didn't decide yet in which way.

I really like how you have changed the hero traits and all other things in your mod. Right now I´ve been playing with XtraSavage mod, black market and your mod in the English folder. Sadly it (not the mods fault, probably FH LH 1.5) hangs on me when I want to play on huge (medium is to small) maps and against 8+ opponents. Starts hanging on me already on turn 20+ and the frequently increases as the game goes on.

Basically I like everything about your mod except the economic advantage given in advance to the AI. So using it together with XtraSavage Difficulty is great. Your concept with hero traits and the implementation of factions and other race traits together with the abilites for each weapon makes the game much more...fun?

The only thing I might dislike is the +20 default dodge, a assassin which gets the dagger with maul ability (and -1 to def/hit) was awesome before. But even with several accuracy traits the "maul path" is not such a good option any longer. Maybe this could be tweaked somehow? Love the accidentally hit random target thing and in some ways the default dodge. 

Keep up the good work, I will try to pick traits I usually don´t take and classes I usually don´t pick early on and see how it works. But I just love to have my main hero as a death magician summoner paired with a assassin and then a defender or possibly warrior if I get the beggar guy. Will however "try" to try out different combinations though. I´ll also "try" to give my opinion on the contents of those forum threads, if I only find the time to play some more

PS: Since the release of Dead World DLC I´ve not played any other faction than a custom created one based one dead guys lol. Even though I´ve told myself to try out something else...

December 18, 2013 12:52:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting nowar1979,
The only thing I might dislike is the +20 default dodge, a assassin which gets the dagger with maul ability (and -1 to def/hit) was awesome before. But even with several accuracy traits the "maul path" is not such a good option any longer. Maybe this could be tweaked somehow?

Maul path was like a cheat for a player. It was too deadly. It remains far from reality. It was designed to be an ability of some monsters only but somehow was given to player. So player should not be overpowered with it. With higher dodge battles last a bit longer which gives AI more chances to strike back. In original game battles were just slaughter of AI troops. Most of them could be killed just on the 1st turn.

Quoting nowar1979,
Sadly it (not the mods fault, probably FH LH 1.5) hangs on me when I want to play on huge (medium is to small) maps and against 8+ opponents. Starts hanging on me already on turn 20+ and the frequently increases as the game goes on.

I've checked lots of files and the new package will be smaller. There will be less units and less calculations for processor. So I hope the game will be more stable. BTW, is the game a 32-bit program? Thus you may have no memory advantage. Do you have Windows 8 of Windows 7? I saw once some complains for Windows 8 in these forums (somewhere in spring).

Quoting nowar1979,
Basically I like everything about your mod except the economic advantage given in advance to the AI.

Economic is also going to be adjusted. All I need to do is to optimise undead AI units and do something with Wanderlust and Heroic Traits. Also I have additional idea how to force AI to use more horses. This would be additional help for AI but needs to adjust slighlty all troops.

December 18, 2013 11:14:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This time I approached the mod with high pragmatism and deleted most overenthusiastic features thet were in it earlier. The mod now is closer to original but AI acts more in style of human player. AI fights unrest in his cities and improves production earlier that in original. AI uses horses  more often and equips his units better with magical amulets and other items. Battles are more intensive.

Tha mod now is compatible with all other mods that don't change Hero trait development trees.

What was updated:

1. I reduced big numbers of unused unit designs. I asked myself: "Would I produce these units myself?" And deleted those, for which my answer was "no". I hope this may allow the game to run slightly faster and consume less memory.

2. I reduced number of calculations per unit and hope that the game will consume less memory.

3. I reduced economic bonuses to AI. This reduction may also allow the game to run slightly faster and consume less memory.

4. AI now uses new not only priorities but also settings from domestic policy to upgrade cities.

5. AI heroes prefer combat traits and magic while levelup.

6. Wanderlust gives quest maps and additional experience from quests.

7. Heroic gives +10 Accuracy against higher level troops, Athican armor and swords.

8. Warriors caste gives +10% to Attack.

9. Warriors tech gives Warriors tech and +1 level to trained units.

10. Player needs to pay to produce Trained units.

11. AI is more aggressive to monsters and tries to clean areas around his cities.

I tested the mod for 50 turns on huge map with 9 opponents and found no problems, hangs and crashes.

December 20, 2013 7:38:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting webusver,

Maul path was like a cheat for a player. It was too deadly. It remains far from reality. It was designed to be an ability of some monsters only but somehow was given to player. So player should not be overpowered with it. With higher dodge battles last a bit longer which gives AI more chances to strike back. In original game battles were just slaughter of AI troops. Most of them could be killed just on the 1st turn.

Q......

I've checked lots of files and the new package will be smaller. There will be less units and less calculations for processor. So I hope the game will be more stable. BTW, is the game a 32-bit program? Thus you may have no memory advantage. Do you have Windows 8 of Windows 7? I saw once some complains for Windows 8 in these forums (somewhere in spring).

Quoting nowar1979, reply 29Basically I like everything about your mod except the economic advantage given in advance to the AI.

Economic is also going to be adjusted. All I need to do is to optimise undead AI units and do something with Wanderlust and Heroic Traits. Also I have additional idea how to force AI to use more horses. This would be additional help for AI but needs to adjust slighlty all troops.

I´m sad to admit that you are more right that I´d like you to be, great work mate!

December 20, 2013 7:40:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent with the new updated mod, I know what I´ll be doing tomorrow and during the weekend

Edit: What did you tweak in "3. I reduced economic bonuses to AI. This reduction may also allow the game to run slightly faster and consume less memory."
How did you change the economic bonus (compared to Primal_Savages Difficulty mod?). And what difficulty would you recommend me to play on if I use your default difficulty instead of Primal_Savages?

/NOwaR (KillerOrc)

December 21, 2013 11:50:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting nowar1979,

Excellent with the new updated mod, I know what I´ll be doing tomorrow and during the weekend

Edit: What did you tweak in "3. I reduced economic bonuses to AI. This reduction may also allow the game to run slightly faster and consume less memory."
How did you change the economic bonus (compared to Primal_Savages Difficulty mod?). And what difficulty would you recommend me to play on if I use your default difficulty instead of Primal_Savages?

/NOwaR (KillerOrc)

I suggest to re-download the mod. I found that I uploaded the wrong units file. There was a mess with units. I changed the file this morning, so if you downloaded it later, its's all right.

Earlier AI units supplied sovereign with resources directly. They gave metal, crystals, horses, wargs, fame, food and reduced unrest. I don't know if difficulty.xml file gives everything of this. After update AI also gains all these resources but in the other way and in lower quantities.

Primal_Savages Difficulty mod will do nothing wrong but you should be confident that the difficulty is not too high. Patchwork mod was designed to be rather tough even on normal settings.

December 21, 2013 4:52:13 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I downloaded it just a few hours ago. So I guess I have the right version. Depends on when your morning was I guess, but

Thanks mate

/NOwaR (KillerOrc)

December 21, 2013 5:50:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really like the way you think creating your mod but even in the previous version I've had no problems with large maps and 10 opponents on 32-bit Windows Vista. For the record, I had had "Out of memory" problem and lots of crushes when running it on 32-bit Windows XP (I have these 2 systems on my laptop) in similar conditions but the problems existed even in vanilla (although they were appearing in later stages of games, there).

By the way, is your mod compatible with Children of Storm? I haven't played CoS, yet, because I was afraid of memory problems but now, seeing how well the game is coping with the previous version of your mod under Windows Vista on my machine, I am willing to give it a try.

Edit: I should probably mention that I use Tile Detail Reduction at medium level, RiverBridge, SwampTile, MaulChange and Quest_ManUnderTheTree with your mod.

December 21, 2013 11:50:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi and thanks for the mod, I really like the ideas present here!

Just a quick question, is there supposed to be a "doubling" of much of the text/upgrades/effects?

For example, when I upgraded my conclave to give me an extra essence, it gave me two!  Spells cost twice the listed amount, and most of the upgrades in the tech tree have doubles of every icon.

Is this due to me installing the mod incorrectly?  Or is this an intended effect?

Thanks! 

December 22, 2013 5:03:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting pawelada,
By the way, is your mod compatible with Children of Storm?

I think no. CoS should be considered as the whole another game. I just wanted to polish LH to make it more battle oriented and comfortable in gameplay.

Quoting pawelada,
Edit: I should probably mention that I use Tile Detail Reduction at medium level, RiverBridge, SwampTile, MaulChange and Quest_ManUnderTheTree with your mod.

Because the mod is set in English folder, and because I didn't delete any features the mod should be compatible with any mod that don't: add new races and change traits of heroes. It is compatible with Hero bonanza mod, but those heroes and the femace henchmen technically will be weaker than others in my mod.

Quoting sanman7890,
Just a quick question, is there supposed to be a "doubling" of much of the text/upgrades/effects?

Did you put my mod into Mods folder instead of English? I started this mod as a regular mod to be put into Mods folder, but because of doubling effects I had to move it to English folder. There are some changes in the mod that can't be placed into Mods folder because of doubling effects, so the mod is needed to be installed into English folder only.

But this makes the mod be more compatible with other mods (that don't change heroes, units and hero/unit abilities).

December 22, 2013 5:45:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh...I'm sorry, I should have read the installation instructions more closely!  Where is the English folder located?  I'll have to look around for it, and start my last game over, oh well!

I'm really digging some of the changes though, I appreciate it!  I'll let you know if I can't find the English folder. >___> 

December 22, 2013 6:58:14 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It's located in your steam folder as such, usually in the program files, but you can always click the property an select browse local files.

..\Steam\steamapps\common\FE Legendary Heroes\data\English\

December 23, 2013 9:03:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I´m having real trouble with LH 1.5 (and mods I guess) So I´m in the middle of doing a clean un install + manual deleting of local files and then I´m going to do a fresh install and use the mods I like.

The game were hanging on me as early as turn 10, I´m hopping this will do the trick.

If not, you think I should try and get my copy from Stardock instead of Steam? (I bough elemental before it was released so I got em all...)

I´m using a i5 2,76 Ghz, 64-bit windows 7 with 16 GB Ram and a SSD as main drive together with a HD5800 series graphic card. So my hardware should not be the problem.

Regards and Happy X-mas to you all, don´t think I´ll post here for a few days. I´ll be eating food, drinking Christmas beer and getting fat!

But I hope you´ll be working on your mod

/NOwaR (KillerOrc)

December 23, 2013 11:59:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting nowar1979,
I´m having real trouble with LH 1.5 (and mods I guess) So I´m in the middle of doing a clean un install + manual deleting of local files and then I´m going to do a fresh install and use the mods I like.

The game were hanging on me as early as turn 10, I´m hopping this will do the trick.

I think reinstall should help. I have Core i5 2.5Ghz, 64-bit windows 7 with 6 GB Ram, HDD and Radeon HD 6750M and didn't see any problems, except that testing of huge map.

Thank you for playing and feedback. Happy Christmas! Yes I hope to add some things to he mod this week.

Quoting parrottmath,

It's located in your steam folder as such, usually in the program files, but you can always click the property an select browse local files.

..\Steam\steamapps\common\FE Legendary Heroes\data\English\

Parrottmath, thank you for quick explanation!

December 25, 2013 7:33:41 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A clean uninstall and  install did the trick, don´t know why I didn't think of it earlier. lol

/KillerOrc

December 26, 2013 10:56:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Today the new update is uploaded:

I found and fixed some "misses": Quendar units often doesn't have Scar stones, Urxen missing poison vials.

Major changes:

Economy model. To build any building you need money. Earlier it was for free. Who will do something for free nowdays? Now gold is a very valuable resource. Units also demand money and subtract population from their city.

Staff class of weapons is expanded. Earlier there were just a staff and monk's staff with no possibility to upgrade. Now this possibility exhists up to Arcane weapons.

Added new class of troops - zealots. They fight with melee staffs.

Added new racial trait "Monk Robes" (costs 0 to choose like Masterwork Chain) which replaces Leather armor with a set of robes. If you wish your light troops look like mages, or you prefer Dodge over Defence, this option is for you.

Added hardened leather cuirass, light chainmail and some trait-specific weapons available to unit design. Now you have richer choice while designing your units. Perfect crossbow is rebalanced and added to Arcane weapons and thus available for unit design.

December 26, 2013 11:04:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Almost forgot about the main idea:

I tried to make AI enchant his cities with more unit spells, such as Heart of Fire, Aura of Might. I set better priorities for these spells but still the best priority is with Enchanted Hammers spell. Then goes Heart of fire, Inspiration and the rest combat and city spells.

3 level city adds 1 essense. I hope this helps AI to enchant his cities with more unit spells.

AI also should build more fortresses to produce better troops.

December 27, 2013 4:40:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

December 29, 2013 10:19:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The next and the last update of beta version:

All races have unique weapons. Units have 5 perks instead of 4. All units were updated with 1 more perk. Added 2 more zealot types to Wraiths race.

Now the mod is complete, I added all major features that were planned.

The mod with 10 pictures is uploaded to:

www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1891/

December 30, 2013 9:44:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This looks good. I'll try it out.

[reserved for Feedback] Edit:

I'm liking most of the changes. Although on my huge map with 7 opponents the game still was slow as hell during turn calculations.

I didn't finish my game (yet), so I had to struggle pretty heavily with the unrest penalties you modded, because I also imposed Cruel +5 and Rebels +10 on myself since I wasn't accustomed to unrest being huge.

December 30, 2013 12:22:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting N1ghthavvk,
[reserved for Feedback]

Thank you for your promise. Please let me know then about things that seem ... "over-enthusiastic". You know, many fan's works are made on extra enthusiasm which may disbalance game concepts because fans may forget to make things cool and balanced. If you find that some concept borders are interfered, let me know where I should pull things back.

December 30, 2013 12:27:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting N1ghthavvk,
I didn't finish my game (yet), so I had to struggle pretty heavily with the unrest penalties you modded, because I also imposed Cruel +5 and Rebels +10 on myself since I wasn't accustomed to unrest being huge.

There should be less unrest. Are you using other mods? In my mod there is no unrest increase per city.

Yes, I cheked this:

<!-- ** unrest penalty per city in a empire ** -->
      <CityCountUnrestPenalty>0</CityCountUnrestPenalty>

Garrison units reduce unrest. Make cheap units with Guard ability - this will reduce unrest even more.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time: