[eMod][LH v 1.5][[v.9] Wildland Boss Fix

By on November 17, 2013 4:20:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

parrottmath

Join Date 03/2008
+206

I've noticed that many people want to make sure the wildland bosses are killed means that their wildland is converted. There is a bug here that is well known to the community.

If you kill the wildland boss outside his realm the wildland is not converted. A previous fix was presented by Primal_Savage where the player may cast around the marauding wildland boss and you kill him on his tile while you are also on one of the same tiles.

This proposed fix plainly prevents the wildland boss from leaving the wildland itself (mostly). That is Vetrar, Delin, and Torax will stay within the confines of their wildland permanently throughout the game. There are exceptions to this (hence v .9) of this mod.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/75549875/Fallen%20Enchantress/LHWildland%20Fix/wildlandbossfix.zip

To use this fix you must overwrite core files unfortunately and must be installed in the location of your steam version of the game.

Steam\steamapps\common\FE Legendary Heroes

The files I replace should be backed up -- these are

TerrainTypes.xml
Wildlands.xml

I've commented the files to be able to return to the base game without issue even if you don't back up your files.

Files added

WildlandBossFix.xml --- This edits the 3 wildland bosses appropriately for the game.

T_Burninglands_02.xml --- New tactical map for my fix to work correctly

T_LombardDesert_02.xml --- New tactical map for my fix to work correctly.

---

I hope this fix is acceptable.

Locked Post 13 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
ReturnOfTheZack
November 17, 2013 5:13:38 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

November 17, 2013 6:05:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You have chasm edge in the way The problem, which I will fix eventually by redoing all the stamps, is that I lazily set all desertterrain travelable by the torax, so if torax borders desert he could leave on that desert. Similar with the other ones.

The chasm edge is not travellable by chasm units so there is no real issue there at all.

The final fix when i do will redefine 8 new terrains travellable by these wildland creatures and put them in these stamps only.

November 17, 2013 6:22:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

November 17, 2013 6:45:26 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This was the fix that I mentioned earlier that I was going to do. Requires no mana and has the pleasant drawback of these guardians not able to destroy your cities or bother your towns.

November 18, 2013 6:03:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod/fix has been added to the Regularly Updated List of Mods for E:LH.

November 19, 2013 7:21:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

November 19, 2013 10:38:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They would be stuck in tactical. I'm going to experiment with moving all this to the mod directory, but I don't know how moddable the wildland.xml file is.... I think I can make the terrain types happen from the mod folder.

I've only done this to the guardians the must be destroyed, but it can be added to Morian (although I'd have to add several new terrain types).

It is already added to Vetrar (just didn't need to edit his tactical battle).

November 19, 2013 10:53:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Hope SD will be looking at this thread sooner than later!

I definitely appreciate the work Parrottmath has put into this, and glad it is available for those who want it. But I would prefer this is NOT the fix that SD uses. I LIKE that they come wandering out and make the world dangerous. I'd rather see Stardock fix it where the bosses just don't need to be inside of their territory to clear the wildland/quest.

To each their own of course, and I respect that others don't want them out wandering around, would be nice to be able to make us all happy somehow.

November 19, 2013 11:03:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

November 19, 2013 11:12:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would prefer if Stardock does fix the problem without making the guardians permanently attached to the Wildland. This is a quick-fix at the moment.

In comment to the destroy the guardians to clear the wildland, I am of the belief that these guardians should remain close to their wildlands. Why would killing the guardian leagues away cleanse his place of origin? But I suppose the magic that binds the wildland to this creature is tied to its life. But at this point of view, clearing their wildland should weaken the titan.

I would have liked to see that these titans remain in their wildland and have a mega spawner that sends out large minions (almost as bad as Delin or who-ever) onto the world. That would make it more of a goal to actually eliminate these guardians to stop the evil rampage of these monsters... 

I will not add a boundary limitation to Morian (I just mention it is possible, since it is not required to kill Morian to cleanse his land.)

November 19, 2013 11:38:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,
You can use this then... Although, I haven't had a chance to test it w/ 1.5

Sure that will work for now, unless Stardock fixes it with this mod (from the OP).

Quoting parrottmath,

I would prefer if Stardock does fix the problem without making the guardians permanently attached to the Wildland. This is a quick-fix at the moment.

In comment to the destroy the guardians to clear the wildland, I am of the belief that these guardians should remain close to their wildlands. Why would killing the guardian leagues away cleanse his place of origin? But I suppose the magic that binds the wildland to this creature is tied to its life. But at this point of view, clearing their wildland should weaken the titan.

I would have liked to see that these titans remain in their wildland and have a mega spawner that sends out large minions (almost as bad as Delin or who-ever) onto the world. That would make it more of a goal to actually eliminate these guardians to stop the evil rampage of these monsters... 

That sounds like the ideal combination to me.

November 19, 2013 11:48:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd prefer the wildland bosses stayed in their wildlands.  It's their kingdoms, they are there to defend them.   Event monsters and other bigguns can wander the world like Cain in Kung Fu.

The fire guy should defend his fire house.   The ice guy should defends his ice hole.

November 19, 2013 12:58:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

"defend his ice hole"

I agreeeeeeee. ouch!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time: