[eMod][LH] Armor Visuals

v2c

By on November 6, 2013 1:03:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

DsRaider

Join Date 11/2008
+69

This is a redo of my original Armor Visuals mod for FE. My old mod was a victim of being too successful as most the changes where implemented into LH. However not everything was I decided to do some work and make a LH version.

Download: Here <--Images

*Should be compatible with my other mods, but only the latest versions.

First of all in this mod I have focused on giving races unique looks that suit their lore. The wraith here are designed to be creepy and vampiric. Hence the hoods. You can also see here that I have changed the texture for padded armor on empire units to be more empire like.

Next I wanted to give Ironeers a more distinct Dwarven look. They are still a work in progress as I am not totally happy with them, especially their leather so it 's not included in the mod right now. I changed the light plate helmet to so you can actually see their beards, that's important for Ironeers.  Also unlike most kingdom plate I actually like theirs so I didn't change it. More on that below.

I did a lot of work on making Tarth Chainmail unique. They look much more rugged now. The already have unique leather and no one else uses kingdom master chainmail so I didn't touch those.

I really didn't like the default kingdom plate. it was way to exotic and impractical. So I changed it.

So far have I also made some other small changes I didn't want to upload pictures here for, like changing Slave's leather chests to surcoats. Some can be seen at Nexus though.  I plan on experimenting with some other changes over time as well, and maybe bringing some old ones back. 

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 6, 2013 7:46:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod has been added to the Regularly Updated List of Mods for E:LH.

November 7, 2013 10:14:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hi, DsRider.

In the file LH Armor Visuals Mod-40-v2a.zip contains only one folder called AoF v2a, is that correct?

This would not be the Age of Fangs 2.0 mod?

November 7, 2013 11:08:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, the contents of the mod look distinctly different from the armor visual mod from just a little while ago.

November 7, 2013 11:33:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oops. I meant to fix a small bug where I forgot to disable sovereign customization on some items and ended up uploading the wrong file. My bad, lol. It's fixed now.

November 9, 2013 11:06:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just wanted to pop by and thank you for sharing this. Open faced helmets are always welcome and the effect in-game looks really good. The Resoln leather armours might be a tad bit too black though, and now the units sort of stand out a bit too much compared to the vanilla units.

November 11, 2013 2:14:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v2b.

Please remove all old Gfx before upgrading.

-Makes Wraith leather a little lighter, although I'm not sure you will notice the difference.

-Added unique Tarth Chainmail.

-A bunch of small touch ups and bug fixes.

-Added roman style crests to Mancer leather helms as a experiment.

I wish I could make the crest bigger, then I could do a lot more, but you apparently can't change the size of art that has a attachment type of skinned. One of the things with the biggest impact on armor visuals for the least amount of work required would be to add a bunch of helmet decorations like this for the races, but unfortunately it's currently beyond me. 

December 5, 2013 6:08:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to v2c.

I actually mostly removed some stuff to go for a more minimalistic style. Gilden now uses their default leather because I couldn't get my version to look as nice as I wanted, I may change it back later. Removed Wraith leather shoulder pads and Capitar helm decorations. Some textures have also been slightly tweaked.

June 19, 2014 5:09:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Where are all the images?

June 19, 2014 8:24:10 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think they were hosted on a Imageshack account and I guess that just expired.   I will have to reupload everything using a different system. Fixed the download link though and you can see the pictures there. This mod is included in B&M as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: