[BUG] [1.4 with Dead] Faction influence floods map

By on November 2, 2013 7:18:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

SwordOfJust...

Join Date 08/2010
+2

Three times now I've played games using the new map where suddenly one faction's influence will spread across the entire map.  The first time it happened, my faction suddenly had influence everywhere, including around other faction cities. In that same game, some time later the influence swapped to another faction but this time it left islands of influence around my cities. My outposts showed as in my control but the influence zone around them was the other nation's.

Now it happens again in my latest game

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/439628/debug.err

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/439629/BUG.EleSav

*sigh*

I can't reproduce it consistently but the game will often crash when I reload a save game.  I'll try and post a separate report on that.  This game is still buggy, though I have sympathy to the development team as there are several operating systems and versions, many drivers, etc to code for.

Cheers,

Sword

Locked Post 15 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 4, 2013 6:12:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It happened again last night.  I won't start another game till it's fixed.

Cheers,

Sword

November 5, 2013 9:16:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is happening for me to. Anyone know if this happens every game or an intermittent problem?

November 6, 2013 7:35:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I haven't had this problem in the games I've played, so I don't know what's causing it in your games.

November 6, 2013 7:46:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

November 6, 2013 2:09:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have the same problem which only began when I purchased The Dead World DLC on steam last night.  Previously using the steam package with the 3 DLCs both in 1.3 & 1.4 this bug did not appear.  I can recreate this bug every time I play with the currently installed DLC.  I would love to have a way to turn off or remove DLC packs; this would allow me to play the game while this bug is being hunted.

This is a screenshot showing the cloth map of my most recent game. http://i.imgur.com/6xunenX.jpg

This is a screenshot showing the extreme distance reached by the bug; it also took over my outpost.  http://i.imgur.com/vlZNXC5.jpg

This is a screenshot showing the border encroaching on my kingdom. http://i.imgur.com/vRphM4j.jpg

I had to send out scout to even see the new border, which was not revealed.  My Arcane Monolith which is extremely far away from the bugged kingdom was taken over by the border bug.  When a city near a resource expanded it's border, it couldn't expand in that direction because the extremely distant foreign kingdom was building on the resource!

Thanks for your continues efforts to patch the game.

November 6, 2013 6:39:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

We fixed it today.  We will be testing and pushing the fix for it tomorrow.

November 7, 2013 3:12:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Will you also be pushing the fix for Morrigan's Call, since that was checked in for the next patch?

November 7, 2013 9:42:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes

November 7, 2013 10:43:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks Derek, I love the game and I love your involvement in it.  Since the WOM days it has been polished and tweaked into an excellent game, bordering on classic or masterpiece.

It's wonderful that you've been able to live your dream too!

November 7, 2013 1:17:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks!  Its certainly a dream come true for me.

November 8, 2013 11:14:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Anyone know if this patch was released yet?

November 8, 2013 11:22:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AFAIK it has.  At least two of the DLC04 files were updated recently on my setup.

November 8, 2013 12:31:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I looked at the files and I see that stardock included some background stats for CotS in the undead stuff. At least they worked with some compatibility with CotS.

November 8, 2013 9:38:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You guys at Stardock are simply amazing.

I enjoy LH just as much as I did Master of Magic.  I've played the game many, many hours.  Thanks!

Cheers,

Sword

November 18, 2013 3:06:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So I just encountered this bug again. 

I noticed it in the Winter of 221 when I was informed that one of my watchtowers had been destroyed by enemy forces.  The watchtower in question turned out to be halfway across the map in the middle of what used to be another Channelers territory.  This particular channeler had her main city border crushed down into a newbie sized 9 square in about 3 turns.  I don't know how long the bug ran before I noticed it and I am uncertain of any particular contributing causes.  Discovering the bug rendered that game pointless so I closed the game and came here to post.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: