Heart of Morian bug

By on October 29, 2013 12:57:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

merlinme

Join Date 08/2007
+15

Has this been fixed? Checking the forums I found this:

Quoting parrottmath,
Yeah, I think now Morian gives you a longsword instead of that bonus...

I got the Heart of Morian in my last game, it claimed that it was going to give +50% hit points to trained units and +50% town growth. As far as I could tell it only gave +50% growth. I couldn't see any hitpoints bonus in the list of bonuses for trained units; there were a lot of bonuses to check as I put it in my best fortress, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't there. I also couldn't see any hitpoints bonus when I trained a Juggernaut. I think the text claimed it would give trait "Constitution", which would give +50% hitpoints.

If the hit points bonus has been removed because he now drops the rather awesome sword, that's fine, but the text needs updating.

Locked Post 7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 29, 2013 2:04:10 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It gives you the long-sword, and provides a city trophy. The trophy does have bonuses, but the other thing I notice is this

<GameModifier>
    <ModType>City</ModType>
    <Attribute>TrainingBonus_ApplyAbilityBonus</Attribute>
    <StrVal>Constitution</StrVal>
    <Multiplier>1.5</Multiplier>
    <Provides>Units trained here gain the Constitution trait</Provides>
</GameModifier>

The multiplier is unnecessary at the very least; since the trait is giving you the constitution ability to your units.

More importantly the problem lies with <ModType>City</ModType>

It should be instead

<ModType>CityTrainingBonus</ModType>

October 29, 2013 6:25:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aha, that sounds like the problem exactly. Thank you parrotmath! Hopefully this can be fixed in the next version. I want to see Juggernauts with 150+ hitpoints!

October 29, 2013 6:37:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting merlinme,

Aha, that sounds like the problem exactly. Thank you parrotmath! Hopefully this can be fixed in the next version. I want to see Juggernauts with 150+ hitpoints!

Well that's not going to happen. It really is only going to give them the constitution ability, where the unit will only gain +3 hit points... kind of underwhelming to your 150+ hit points.

The writing needs to update to reflect that units are receiving the constitution ability instead of the 50% hit point increase. (Don't mean to burst your bubble).

October 29, 2013 6:54:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Booo... the text seems to imply +50%, as does the 1.5 multiplier. If that's not correct then the text needs to say +3 hitpoints. +3 hitpoints is a very different thing, much more worthwhile on large unit sizes with low hitpoints than for individual Juggernauts.

My highest level ones were 141 hitpoints by the end of my last game anyway, +50 base, +30 ignore pain, +22 from level 11, +38.8 from "Health Bonus", which I believe was from Guild Grocers in Towns.

October 30, 2013 8:40:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hrm...I thought the trophy was supposed to increase the base constitution attribute of the unit (i.e. increasing UnitStat_Constitution as opposed to granting the Constitution ability.) Normally all units have the same base attribute scores (there are other attributes, including e.g. Charisma - engine is designed to be multi-purpose), and it's factored in as a multiplier; increasing the value would have the effect of increasing base hitpoints.

But perhaps I misunderstood the XML.

October 30, 2013 3:53:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It used to do that, it has been changed recently to only give the attribute called constitution.

November 2, 2013 5:44:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Fixed, thanks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time: