Value of tech trades

By on October 14, 2013 5:21:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Apheirox

Join Date 04/2006
+3

My question is two-part:

1) When I trade 23 points in warfare for 17 points in Yithril AI's civilization tech, what exactly do I get? Are those 17 points worth the same amount of research as if I invested 17 points of 'main' research into the tech, or is there some modifier?

2) How am I generating these research points I have available for trade in the first place? Is it some percentage of my main research that gets converted into 'research currency'?

Thanks!

Locked Post 2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 14, 2013 5:49:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

2) How am I generating these research points I have available for trade in the first place? Is it some percentage of my main research that gets converted into 'research currency'?

Each time you research a technology you get some percentage - I think 10 - of that technology's research cost as tradeable tech points.

1) When I trade 23 points in warfare for 17 points in Yithril AI's civilization tech, what exactly do I get? Are those 17 points worth the same amount of research as if I invested 17 points of 'main' research into the tech, or is there some modifier?

17 points of Civilization tech is worth 17 points of research produced normally. If you are researching in the tree that you purchased points for, the points get assigned to your current research project, otherwise they get assigned to currently-unresearched techs for which you've met the prerequisites within the tree that you purchased technology for.

October 15, 2013 10:37:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cheers, joeball, you are being most helpful.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time: