The AI's love for mounts, Intended?

By on October 9, 2013 2:01:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Spharen

Join Date 05/2012

(Game version 1.3 legendary hero)

Letting the door of AI-surrender open is a fun thing. Not only we can 'share' those gears they found during their adventures, we can also see the taste/favorite towards certain items of every leader, and their choice of deciding which gear to equip.

Among all the strange things in their item list, all the defeated AI sovereigns shares a common love for mounts. As shown in the following figure as an example of many.

F1

F2 

They seems all quite fond of the 'White Warg' and the 'Black Horse', and base on my experience they like warg better than horse. I remember in one play through I actually see a surrendered sovereign got 20+ white warg on him.

I don't doubt that AI got a very sweet discount in shopping, but why mounts? and why those two mounts specifically?

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 10, 2013 1:51:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No wonder the AI is broke if it keep buying stuff it doesn't need...

October 10, 2013 4:23:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think I seen kraxis own over three rows of mounts in his inventory once, I made a pretty penny from selling those when he surrendered to me.

October 10, 2013 6:09:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

I think I seen kraxis own over three rows of mounts in his inventory once, I made a pretty penny from selling those when he surrendered to me.
maybe he stocking up for winter.  they also collect the same piece of armor a bunch of times and pick their traits mostly from the General TAB if you check that as well.  I had on guy surrender at level 15 or so and had not one trait picked from Assassin.

October 10, 2013 6:16:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 10, 2013 6:23:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's an interesting idea.  Although I don't know how you'd be able to get so many horses/wargs etc, even if all of the defeated sov's heroes' inventories were compressed into the defeated sov's inventory.

October 10, 2013 9:11:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would also tend to wonder where everything else is, if that were the case - surely the AI isn't only equipping its champions with Leather Greaves, a Horse, and a Dagger; at the very least, the AI should have had a few champions arrive with more or less complete sets of armor (and even if the champions don't come with more or less complete sets of armor, in my experience they're more likely to arrive with chest armor of some kind than only greaves).

October 10, 2013 9:26:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 11, 2013 4:45:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Put that together with its 'love' of mounts, and some very disturbing images come to mind.  

October 13, 2013 5:11:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is such a bad bug. Needs to be fixed in 1.4.

October 15, 2013 1:26:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

I pick a lot of traits from the General Tab as well does that mean I'm an A.I.!? 

YOU MIGHT BE AN AI IF  (read in Jeff Foxworthy voice)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you collect 10 General Tab traits for every one or two Path traits?  You might be an AI"

"Do you find yerself collecting 20 pairs of leather pants, 20 horses and 3 wargs, you might be an AI"

"Do you cast wither on caravans?  You might be an AI"

"Are you immune from wandering monster attacks?  You might be an AI"

"Do you declare war somebody you have no intention of sending any troops to attack?  You might be an AI"

October 21, 2013 4:45:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time: