[eMOD] Black Market Bazaar - Version 2.0 compatible with LH 2.0

By on September 28, 2013 5:17:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hellions

Join Date 12/2012
+32

Black Market Bazaar for Legendary Heroes Version 2.0 - compatible with LH version 2.0

204 new items to add to your Legendary Heroes games. Also includes 62 new item related spells.

19 new clothes to equip your custom sovereigns.

It can be downloaded on Nexus:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1885/

Installation (please read carefully)

Extract the contents of the .rar file and place each element as follows:

- "Black Market Bazaar" folder ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods

- "Black Market Bazaar Icons" folder ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Gfx

- "BMB.str" file ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Data

Don't forget to "enable mods" and start a new game.

To uninstall, simply delete the two folders and the "BMB.str" file.

ALSO: If you do not have the DLC05 (Leader Pack DLC) installed, then you will need to delete the "BMB_Items_DLC05.xml" file found in the "Black Market Bazaar" folder. No biggie if you don't but be warned that the "Treasure Gormandizer" item won't have any effects in your games.

The full list of items with their stats can be found in the image section of the Nexus page. The color codes of this psychedelic nightmare are as follow: gray for common, yellow for uncommon and orange for rare.

Compatibility:
Black Market Bazaar should be compatible with most mods. You will have to use the "mods compatible version" however if you wish to use it along with mods which add new unit models types and/or unitstats (see below).

Optional files:

- Black Market Bazaar compatible with Additional Faction Traits and Races, Between Life & Death, Blood and Mana, Children of Storm, Demons & Wizards, Henchwomen, Path of the Paladin & XtraDeconstruct. Install this version if you wish to use BMB with these mods.

Don't forget to check out my other other mod, Champion Bonanza to add a legion of new champions and some additional monsters to your games.

99 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
webusver
February 17, 2014 6:15:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a terrible headache. Need an elixir or some sort or consumable to fix this please.

P.S. I did try the Mushrooms... didn't work out.

February 17, 2014 7:58:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ah yes the Modder's Migraine, a recurring bug they've been unable to squash since the beta.

May I suggest the Icebreaker Warhammer? A simple application will cure your splitting headache by helping you focus on a far greater agony. Also guaranteed to keep at bay any pesky cold trying to build a nest in your system.

We always have what you need at the Black Market Bazaar. Thank you for your business.

April 28, 2014 7:02:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to version 1.3 compatible with LH 1.6

1.3 Changelog
- 52 new items for a total of 120
- Common items have been added to the mix (29)
- The two non vanilla versions now also support the current and upcoming XtraLOM units 

52 new items:
- 1 helmet: Cobalt Vertex
- 1 armor/surcoat: Oiled Leather Armor
- 3 gloves/vambraces: Armbands of Integrity, Gildar Touch Gloves, Leopard Claws
- 1 pants/greaves: Old Style Leg Braces
- 3 boots: Leopard Boots, Ruthless Stompers, Steadfast Boots
- 1 cape: Mantle of the Hedgewitch
- 2 shields: Bulwark of the Brute, Practice Buckler
- 15 weapons: Angry Spitter, Blade of Acrimony, Corrosive Dagger, Dagger of Corruption, Dual Freezing Axe, Dual Freezing Battle Axe, Freezing Axe, Freezing Battle Axe, Highborn Beheader, Impudent Shortbow, Nimble Crusher, Shrill Harpoon, Staff of the Overachiever, Staff of Shocking Jolts, Woodcutter's Axe
- 16 accessories: Amulet of the Black Minded, Bronze Arrows, Horseshoe, Jade Ring, Mastersmith's Anvil, Murteas' Grimoire, Pearl of Wisdom, Pocket Dagger, Prismatic Belt, Ring of Ardent Combustion, Ring of Glacial Collision, Ring of Noxious Humors, Ring of Vaporizing Shock, Sack of Provisions, Scarab of Preservation & Solid Mana
- 9 consumables: Cauldron of Plenty, Elemental's Fairy Tales, Fragrance of Sophistication, Ice Bomb, Letter of Self-Aggrandizement, Rejuvenating Fusion, Scattered Coins, Tempestuous Wrath, Token of the Canis Dirus

Changes to previous items:
- Removed the "DarklingMale" model type from all greaves and boots (to accommodate New DLC05 Renge's peculiarities)
- Four-Leaf Clover: critical chance boost increased to +3 (was +2)
- Stately Shield: changed to a common item (was uncommon)
- Some minor modifications not worth mentioning, yes this is a pointless line, just checking if you're still reading

Fixed an oversight which caused the Slow and Haste spells to cost double (10 instead of 5) - Can't believe no one called me on this
Remade or tweaked a few icons

Full item inventory can be found in the image section on Nexus with color codes for each type of item: gray for common, yellow for uncommon and orange for rare. Visually atrocious and may cause seizures but it serves its purpose.

Now going back to updating Champion Bonanza. KMN.

April 28, 2014 11:24:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent!

April 29, 2014 12:04:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,

Updated to version 1.3 compatible with LH 1.6

1.3 Changelog
- 52 new items for a total of 120

merci

April 30, 2014 9:04:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Actually thought you had figured out a way not to double the cost when I saw this in your code, but didn't bother to investigate 

In preventing spell effects from stacking, I had managed to get the mana cost to stack instead. Boomerang effect or what.

Quoting GFireflyE,

merci 

De rien. J'espère que ça te plaira.

April 30, 2014 11:36:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As a small note, using the mod and liking it.

The druid staff that is supposed to provide the ability to summon a bear and cast stoneskin may not be working. 

Note - I have a ton of mods so it could definitely be some level of conflict, but got it in a game and my fire mage who is using it doesn't have any additional skills or spells.

April 30, 2014 11:48:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

XtraDeconstruct 1.6a is not updated for BMB 1.3 and the summon spell has changed (If you are using both).

April 30, 2014 1:01:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Just tested the Druid Walking Stick and the Summon Bear spell works without issues. So as you both said, it must be mods conflicting and mine lost the duel. 

Ahem... On the other hand, the Stoneskin doesn't work (and never did) because I used the strategic version of the spell instead of the tactical one. And since this is a spell I never cast in my games, it has completely escaped my notice. Sigh... I probably even forgot I put it there while testing the item. I'll fix it in the next update. 

May 4, 2014 11:35:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Took a few notes while updating χD/BMB:

- Description are hilarious, as usual 

- Poisoned spells (1/2/4/8) are now (2/3/6/12). Jade Ring, Pestiferous Warhammer, and Poisonous Robe <Provides> are using old values.

- Knockback Hammer "CannotBeCounterattacked" probably (?) missing <Value>-1</Value>.

Voilà c'est tout. Excellent travail!  (C'est bien ici les cours de français?)

May 5, 2014 10:08:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod is a tremendous effort and well done, Hellions!     Thanks for all of your hard work!

May 5, 2014 4:46:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Took a few notes while updating χD/BMB:

- Description are hilarious, as usual 

- Poisoned spells (1/2/4/8) are now (2/3/6/12). Jade Ring, Pestiferous Warhammer, and Poisonous Robe <Provides> are using old values.

- Knockback Hammer "CannotBeCounterattacked" probably (?) missing <Value>-1</Value>.

Voilà c'est tout. Excellent travail!  (C'est bien ici les cours de français?) 

1) Why thank you kind Sir Savage! And my gratitude for providing XtraDeconstruct compatibility so quickly, you're amazing!

2) Right you are, I got abused by the Poisoned CoreSpells definitions and the Venomous abilities' descriptions which are incorrect when compared to their modifiers. Hey this means that the official Spider Venom Sack's <provides> is also erroneous. (Yes I'm shamelessly applying the rule which states that when one is in error, it's always best to highlight the mistakes of others).

3) The CannotBeCounterattacked modifier is exactly the same as the one found in the Defender ability "Immune to Counter" and is always active as long as the hammer is equipped. So to the best of my knowledge the -1 isn't required since it isn't a temporary tactical spell effect per se. Useless trivia: this weapon was inspired by the Hergon & the Sow and will allow the owner to play along with them in the rutting fields. All the more reason to find your Knockback Hammer today.

4) Oui c'est ici pour les cours de Français mais comme tu peux t'en douter rien n'est gratuit au Bazar du Marché Noir alors... Ca va te coûter bonbon!

Quoting NaytchSG,

This mod is a tremendous effort and well done, Hellions!     Thanks for all of your hard work!

Thank you to the nth degree!

May 5, 2014 5:44:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The famous CoreWeaponsTrap™...

Hergon Defender: <Attribute>CannotBeCounterattacked</Attribute>

Spear: <Attribute>CannotBeCounterattacked</Attribute> & <Value>-1</Value>

I wonder if the -1 has a purpose at all. Maybe it is used when an attacker Vlads two targets on his/her skewer.

May 11, 2014 10:31:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't think I received a bonus when I used Tempestuous Wrath (BTW, just reporting things because I care, not to annoy). I believe you need to use

<AttackStat>UnitStat_Attack_Lightning</AttackStat>

Might want to double-check ElementalMyriad and AttackFrenzy too (Untested, just going by xml).

May 12, 2014 4:01:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Don't think I received a bonus when I used Tempestuous Wrath (BTW, just reporting things because I care, not to annoy). I believe you need to use

<AttackStat>UnitStat_Attack_Lightning</AttackStat>

Might want to double-check ElementalMyriad and AttackFrenzy too (Untested, just going by xml).

Hey Primal. First of all, no problem for reporting issues, quite the contrary. If something doesn't work, I want to know about it and feedback, as always, has great value. So thanks for taking the time to mention any blooper you might come across

The Tempestuous Wrath spell uses the same game modifier structure as the tactical Burning Blade spell or the Quendar Wine for example. Pulling my test sovereign from his ill-deserved vacation, I redid a quick trial session:

BMB hurls headfirst into combat with a "naked" Attack of 18.

Guzzling down the Tempestuous Wrath potion.

BMB's Attack jumps accordingly to 22 with +4 Lightning and the active effect appears in the Enchantments' box. 

I also tested Murteas' Grimoire for Elemental Myriad and the Blade of Acrimony for Attack Frenzy and received the appropriate bonuses.

I haven't come across any issues so far with these spell effects but let me know if some problem persists.

<joking>PS: which other mods were you using? </joking>

May 12, 2014 4:31:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Madness!

Not sure why it wasn't showing up yesterday...

You know what I think I had a mount, so I probably didn't fully notice the +4.

False bug report 

June 21, 2014 4:46:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning Hellions

I am unable to download your latest file from Nexusmods. Keeps giving me  the error "the file is larger than 2 megs". Do you have a dropbox link that I could download from?

edit: Got the files from tjshen.

June 21, 2014 7:12:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Aah Tjashen beat me to it... Problem solved before I could put the commercial powers of the Black Market Bazaar in motion to cook up a sweet deal.

As for the Nexus thing, I believe it's working as intended. You need to be logged in to download any file exceeding 2 megs. Registration is free.  Hmm... I probably sound like an advertisement.

June 21, 2014 7:17:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, I'm not a fan of having to 'be a member of the club' but I did eventually break down and get a nexusmods account.  Not a lot of new spam hitting my inbox so far, which is what I worry about when I sign up for new things...

I'm sure this deters more than a few people from downloading some of the mods that are available.  To each their own, of course!

I try to help out when I can!

June 28, 2014 10:45:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hellions,

Thank you for all your hard work on the Black Market Bazaar mod.   It had really added to my enjoyment of LH as I really like loot diversity.   I am using the version that is compatible with COS and they work together well.  

Thanks again for for this great mod.

June 29, 2014 3:55:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And many thanks to you xaltotun for giving it a try. 

July 18, 2014 9:27:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Good Morning Hellions,

With the upcoming changes from 1.7, do you intend to revisit your list of items and add in Class restrictions to some of the items?

July 19, 2014 7:38:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey GFireflyE,

I'm still undecided on that one. While there might be one or two items which scream "class restriction", I'm not sold on the idea of limiting access to already existing ones.

For the next update, I did add a new rare and powerful armor with a Defender in mind but then I'm wondering, with a class and a level restriction compounded with a high level of rarity, it's bordering on the circumstantial. Or maybe it's just me because I don't often use high level Defenders. Anyway I'll experiment a bit.

And answering your question with another, would you like more items with class restrictions?

July 19, 2014 10:48:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hellions,

I'm still undecided on that one. While there might be one or two items which scream "class restriction", I'm not sold on the idea of limiting access to already existing ones.

Same here.

Quoting Hellions,

And answering your question with another, would you like more items with class restrictions?

Well to chime in for what it's worth, no.  I'm not really liking the idea except for real obvious thing (like a "Wizard Staff" or whatever perhaps). 

Personally I envisage I will try and remove some of the class restrictions that are in the beta from my own mod.  Serrated sword of whatever and the like.

July 19, 2014 2:55:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think Primal_Savage has an interesting idea in giving bonuses based on class. So certain staves might give a mage more initiative or something, or a warrior might have more attack from a certain sword.

Dunno if that would work here.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: