[eMOD] Black Market Bazaar - Version 2.0 compatible with LH 2.0

By on September 28, 2013 5:17:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hellions

Join Date 12/2012
+32

Black Market Bazaar for Legendary Heroes Version 2.0 - compatible with LH version 2.0

204 new items to add to your Legendary Heroes games. Also includes 62 new item related spells.

19 new clothes to equip your custom sovereigns.

It can be downloaded on Nexus:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1885/

Installation (please read carefully)

Extract the contents of the .rar file and place each element as follows:

- "Black Market Bazaar" folder ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods

- "Black Market Bazaar Icons" folder ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Gfx

- "BMB.str" file ---> My Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods/Data

Don't forget to "enable mods" and start a new game.

To uninstall, simply delete the two folders and the "BMB.str" file.

ALSO: If you do not have the DLC05 (Leader Pack DLC) installed, then you will need to delete the "BMB_Items_DLC05.xml" file found in the "Black Market Bazaar" folder. No biggie if you don't but be warned that the "Treasure Gormandizer" item won't have any effects in your games.

The full list of items with their stats can be found in the image section of the Nexus page. The color codes of this psychedelic nightmare are as follow: gray for common, yellow for uncommon and orange for rare.

Compatibility:
Black Market Bazaar should be compatible with most mods. You will have to use the "mods compatible version" however if you wish to use it along with mods which add new unit models types and/or unitstats (see below).

Optional files:

- Black Market Bazaar compatible with Additional Faction Traits and Races, Between Life & Death, Blood and Mana, Children of Storm, Demons & Wizards, Henchwomen, Path of the Paladin & XtraDeconstruct. Install this version if you wish to use BMB with these mods.

Don't forget to check out my other other mod, Champion Bonanza to add a legion of new champions and some additional monsters to your games.

99 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
webusver
December 9, 2013 7:35:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great mod! Much more fun to play than old vanilla FE. I really like the work Frogy and Co. has put into making this friendly to moders. Kinda like android, Google makes a good framework and OS and then you can apply all the mods and fw you want. Great

Much appreciated!

/NOwaR

December 21, 2013 8:16:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I hope that you´ll keep updating this mod. I´m having a blast using it together with webusvers Patchwork and Primal_Savage Difficulty mod.

/NOwarR (KillerOrc)

December 21, 2013 6:15:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Version 1.2 is slowly taking shape. I have 9 new items ready to go but I'm aiming for about 15 to update. Hopefully sooner than later, barring some overpowering inertia.

And many thanks for the compliments! Glad you enjoy it.

December 22, 2013 5:37:51 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

have not played with this mod yet...but as soon as I update my computer this Christmas, I totally plan too! Looks like a real keeper! Thanks for putting it together.

January 1, 2014 2:32:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am finding that the Ceremonial Armor at least some of the time doesn't show up on my hero and the hero is essentially bare chested.  Not sure what is causing that.

January 1, 2014 7:53:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Visually the Ceremonial Armor is a reworked version of sorts of the Gladiator's Armor with only shoulder and arm guards and front and rear skirting pieces. So the hero using it should be bare-chested (hence the ventilation design crack in the description).

Here's Queen Procipinee modeling the armor for us (she is also wearing leather vambraces and greaves):

January 12, 2014 12:43:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Updated to version 1.2

Now a total of 68 items. 

1.2 Changelog

23 new items:
- 3 helmets: Elemental Topper, Imperial Helm & Marauder's Hood
- 3 armors/surcoats: Leopard Vest, Nihilist Raiment & Shock Trooper Armor
- 1 gloves/vambraces: Regenerative Forearms
- 1 pants/greaves: Leopard Pants
- 1 boots: Crystalline Boots
- 1 cape: Scout's Backpack
- 2 shields: Stately Shield & Wayward Deathbane
- 7 weapons: Breakneck Slasher, Demented Skewer, Druid's Walking Stick, Fire and Ice, Ghoul Touch, Icebreaker & Road Builder's Shovel
- 3 accessories: Broken Mirror, Jinx Doll & Triad Amulet
- 1 consumable: Dexterous Elixir

Changes to previous items:
- Dual Civilized Battleaxe: removed the -2 initiative penalty (since none of the other dual axes have it)
- Naja Egg: the summoned Naja will now be level 4 (was 2)
- Token of the Predator: the summoned Stalker will now be level 4 (was 2)
- Vampiric Gloves: now an uncommon item (was rare)

A word of caution the first time you use the Jinx Doll, the sound effect can be... startling.

Many thanks to the developers for leaving so many resources to be used and abused.

January 12, 2014 4:48:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

nexus mods seems to be down at present from australia

harpo

January 18, 2014 5:35:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think you should use this link instead: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1885

January 18, 2014 9:52:39 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some Nexus servers can be pretty uncooperative at times. Send me a PM if there is still a problem. I'm pretty sure we can work something out.

January 18, 2014 1:25:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Really do love this mod. Items are very balanced for the most part and so many of them are intrinsically unique. Awesome job!

January 23, 2014 12:24:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Is it compatible with Heavenfall's CotS? Or does it replace the items in his mod?

January 23, 2014 8:27:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Glazunov1,

Is it compatible with Heavenfall's CotS? Or does it replace the items in his mod?

It is compatible with Children of Storm. It adds more items without replacing existing ones.

And thank you GFireflyE.

January 23, 2014 12:19:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks for the quick response. And a positive one, too.

January 26, 2014 9:39:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm pleased to announce that Black Market Bazaar is now compatible with Patchwork Mod: http://forums.elementalgame.com/450250/

All the necessary adjustments were made by Webusver. Many thanks to him and his great enthusiasm!

The compatible version can be downloaded in the optional files section on Nexus. 

February 1, 2014 11:57:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This is the great mod equal or even better than official DLC. Regardless of using Patchwork mod I can suggest it http://www.nexusmods.com/fallenenchantress/mods/1885/? to everybody.

February 8, 2014 8:02:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Hellions

Can you let me know which items were intended to be common drops (Or which ones you would want to see as common drops)? I'm fairly certain I've fixed the RNG problem and can have them drop randomly as common drops but would be nice to test it before I reveal 

February 9, 2014 6:17:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey Primal,

The common items I had intended to add no longer exist in their original form. They were either beefed up to uncommon "worth" with stat increases and/or new abilities (Dexterous Elixir, Marauder's Hood, Regenerative Forearms, Scout's Backpack, Stately Shield) or completely remade from scratch (Jinx Doll).

If you have found a solution to make user-designed common items drop again, it might motivate me to dream up a few new ones. And if there is testing to be done, I am game. I have enough stuff lying around which could serve if you need a second opinion. 

February 11, 2014 2:34:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well... I did manage to have some existing non-common drop become common drop but it's really a minuscule step forward.

So many things to try out to fix this, so little time.

February 12, 2014 12:04:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yay, super exited to start a new game now with this installed along with XtraDeconstruct and CoS. Thank you for all the work!

February 15, 2014 6:45:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Finished my game with BMB, XtraDeconstruct and CoS. Now I would like to try out Patchwork with CoS and this mod. Is that possible? On the nexus there are 2 separate versions for each but not one version that supports both Patchwork and CoS? 

February 15, 2014 8:05:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Of course it's possible, we aim to please our valued customers at the Black Market Bazaar. That's why the latest Patchwork Mod version (uploaded a few days ago) now also supports the CoS units.

May the luck of the draw be on your side. 

February 16, 2014 2:09:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thats great news good good sir! I'll try this out asap. Just to be clear I should install it like this:?

1. Install CoS mod

2. Install CoS compatibility patch for Patchwork mod.

3. Black Market Bazaar compatible with Patchwork Mod

4. Black Market Bazaar compatible with Children of Storm

It just seems there is one patch missing or something you know? Or does it work if I install BMB patch for both Patchwork and CoS on top of each other?

February 16, 2014 4:55:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No, no you only need to install "Black Market Bazaar compatible with Patchwork Mod" which will also work for the CoS units now. You can install BMB in no particular order as it won't overwrite anything.

As for the rest of the installation (CoS Mod and compatibility patch), you should be safe with Webusver's instructions:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/451910/

February 17, 2014 12:06:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Domiel,
It just seems there is one patch missing or something you know? Or does it work if I install BMB patch for both Patchwork and CoS on top of each other?

The new version of Black Market Bazaar compatible with Patchwork Mod is compatible with Children of Storm and Patchwork mods installed together.

In the section named "Old files" there is a version of Black Market Bazaar compatible with Patchwork Mod which compatible only with Patchwork mod. It may be used if you want to play without Children of Storm.

Of course if you want to play with just Children of Storm mod you should choose Black Market Bazaar compatible with Children of Storm.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time: