+168

N/A

Locked Post 32 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 28, 2013 3:55:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What have you tweaked in this mod? I made my own difficulty a while back and got vastly different results depending on starting gold etc. more so than other bonuses/tweaks.

September 28, 2013 5:31:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

September 28, 2013 5:39:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Tell me how it works out, I suspect that your new difficulty will be slightly worse than ridicilous, but I did not experiment with lowering startingfunds below ridicilous. (I halved the Insane one, and it still felt like InsaneAI, but that jump is well "insane" )

September 28, 2013 6:01:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

September 28, 2013 6:26:28 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

September 29, 2013 5:40:06 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Primal, when you follow the instructions to download, it looks like it downloads browser code instead.  You need to left click on the link and save all the code to a new XML file for it to work.

September 29, 2013 11:22:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

September 29, 2013 7:13:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This mod has been added to the Regularly Updated List of Mods for E:LH, and I noted it's beta status.

October 3, 2013 6:58:56 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,
AIIntelligenceFactor: Augmented (10.0 vs 3.0(R) vs 10.0(I)) --- Might as well use the best algorithms all the time.

But it's said that even Challenging uses the best algorithms. An it has just about 2-3. Where is the truth? Does Intelligence affect Research?

October 3, 2013 9:57:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AIIntelligence affects how much time the AI is allowed to think (thinking times).  So it's using the same algorithms, it just takes longer to end your turn (I think).

October 3, 2013 11:56:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 4, 2013 1:25:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting StevenAus,
AIIntelligence affects how much time the AI is allowed to think (thinking times). So it's using the same algorithms, it just takes longer to end your turn (I think).

Cool!!! Great answer!!! Except two last words in (...) ))). I hope this don't effect research rate, because clever AI is preferable that cheating.

Quoting Primal_Savage,
Any number between 3.0 and 10.0 would have worked, but as I said, might as well set it at 10.0 and see what that does.

Perhaps we need to test by setting two AI into a player's team. One AI is pure Challenging and the other is Challenging+Intelligent.I guess there is no distinct explanation for this yet.

October 4, 2013 8:10:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 4, 2013 8:42:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Maybe we should create a battle of the AI's tournament? Where modders face off in an epic to the death battle between their AI's?

October 4, 2013 3:33:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 6, 2013 11:35:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 12, 2013 4:02:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 13, 2013 12:43:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Giving your mod a shot, I have high hopes!  Ridiculous is too easy for me, but if I set all enemies to insane then it's too much of an imbalance.  My normal pattern is about half of the enemies set to insane, but that is still pretty extreme sometimes.

October 13, 2013 8:49:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 30, 2013 10:16:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks interesting. May try this next, I can pretty consistently beat Ridiculous, but Insane is hard work. The other mod I might try making is setting monster movement to 2, which should make mobiles a bit more effective (both against me and the AI). 

Have you had any more feedback on whether XtraSavageAI (as opposed to the extra difficulty level) actually improves the AI over Ridiculous?  What effect exactly does setting the "materials" number higher have? Does this mean that the AI won't build "Cheap" troops that cost less than 125 production? Or is this a maximum production cost for building a Cheap troop? Or something completely different?

October 30, 2013 12:35:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 30, 2013 1:16:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,
The "XtraSavageAI" does not increase the level of the creatures as opposed to +4 levels in Ridiculous. Thus, it is as if you're facing normal level creatures. Which is why I don't recommend using it.

I'm a bit confused; you've divided your mod into two parts, XtraSavageAI.xml [The AI mods I did - Applicable to all difficulty levels], which I would expect to only affect AIs, not monsters, and XtraSavageDifficulty [The extra difficulty level between Ridiculous and Insane]. So if I use the mod XtraSavageAI I would hope for that to improve the AI performance regardless of the difficulty setting. And then if I use XtraSavageDifficulty for all my AIs (but not the world setting) I would expect that to hopefully increase the power of the AIs I'm affecting to somewhere between Ridiculous and Insane, but not affect monsters.

Is that correct?

October 30, 2013 1:29:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 30, 2013 2:08:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm interested to give XtraSavageAI a try. If nothing else it would be a change from the AI's current play style. Could you give a bit more detail on what exactly you've changed though?

a: The AI should build some more powerful individual units, going for quality not quantity, yes?

b: Expansion: you put a higher priority on late game expansion? What does that mean, build more Pioneers? In general what should XtraSavageAI do more of than vanilla AI before turn 50? Before turn 100? Before turn 150?

c: What did you try to achieve with your Domestic Policy changes?

d: What did you try to achieve with your Military Policy changes?

e: With City building, which buildings did you increase the priority of and which did you decrease the priority of?

I don't want you to cut and paste all the xml, but it would be nice to have a line for each section saying where you thought the AI could be improved and how you tried to achieve this.

October 30, 2013 3:27:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time: