The Resoln dilemma...

By on September 26, 2013 9:47:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

rvgr

Join Date 10/2012
+6

I tend to modify the original factions in order to enhance their natural strengths, and Resoln are no exception.

Replaced the Cult of a Hundred Eyes with Enchanters, and that worked out really well: extra essence is, ummm.... quite essential to the Resoln.

Now I'm looking at Binding and considering replacing it with Lucky. On one hand Cyndrum demons are cool, maintenance-free and quite useful if you're willing to protect them in early battles while they build up their numbers. Other demons are useful as well.

On the other hand, Lucky goes very well with the Wraith 20 Dodge racial and further enhances the utility of Wraith monks who depend exclusively on dodge for their survival. Trained units in LH have become much more important than they were in the previous game, so I'm kinda leaning this way.

Still, I would like to hear some pros and cons.

Thoughts?

Locked Post 7 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 26, 2013 10:52:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lucky is very synergistic with the dodge bonus.  You can always take weaknesses in order to afford binding.   I'd recommend no armor as the huge dodge bonus prevents a lot of hits and I've never seen the need for chainmail or platemail with wraiths, I've been able to #win fine without it.

September 27, 2013 7:19:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
On one hand Cyndrum demons are cool, maintenance-free and quite useful if you're willing to protect them in early battles while they build up their numbers. Other demons are useful as well.

I get curious on how does the mechanics for Cyndrum demons build up in numbers? Increase in number when kills opponent? Is there a maximum number? How tough are the demons? Any special ability?

(Would be great to know a bit more, so I don't have to invest a lot of time in a test-game only to discover it's something I don't like.)

September 27, 2013 7:23:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They have the same ability as Butchermen and upgrades.  When they finish a unit off (make it drop to 0 HP or less) they get another member, up to a maximum of 5 members.

September 27, 2013 7:34:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes that's correct, Cyndrum demons gain one figure (with full hitpoints) per unit they kill, up to a maximum of five figures. Be aware that this only happens if the unit maximum is less than five figures though; it caught me out once with a unit I'd got to full strength but then it had taken a beating and was down to only one figure (on 1/5 of the unit's maximum hitpoints). In other words, you don't gain a figure because your unit is damaged and current unit size is less than five, only if the full strength unit size is less than five. So you only get the benefit the first four times you kill a unit.

I can see an argument for killing a unit healing an understrength demon unit, but that would make them even more powerful, and they're quite powerful as it is. The current way is fine as long as you understand the mechanism.

September 27, 2013 12:48:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

I tend to modify the original factions in order to enhance their natural strengths, and Resoln are no exception.

The original factions aren't designed to be at 100% strength. If you want stronger factions, make your own, and yes lucky and wraiths seems like they should always be together ^^

October 1, 2013 2:49:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's not Resoln if you don't have Binding. 

Resoln is a lot of fun to play. Lucky and Wraiths is a strong combo.

Different things

October 3, 2013 6:25:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Lucky+Quick+Tough imho is the best combo for AI empire/kingdom. Then you can mod predesigned wraith units by giving them shields and traits that give +10; +10 Dodge and +10 Accuracy. And you'll face wraiths with 50Dodge and about 90 Accuracy from start. Then try to fight them on Expert level! Their dodge will be around 70 or more!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time: