Before having the game

By on September 26, 2013 8:47:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

odyody

Join Date 09/2013
+1

I liked the reviews and trials for the game and i am thinking about it but i have an important question :

Is this game (legendery heros ) include the old one missions and game play or if i like to play the two games i have to have them as two standalone games ?

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 26, 2013 8:59:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The Campaign from Fallen Enchantress is being added to Legendary Heroes in the upcoming 1.4 update.

As for the sandbox mode, there are several different elements to the play style. Examples are:

• Heroes are attained through Fame (a new resource) instead of found scattered around the map
  • Each weapon type has a different special attack
  • Encumbrance has been stripped away from armor
  • Influence has been stripped away.

There are other changes as well. Overall, imo, once you switch over to Legendary Heroes, you'll never want to switch back....but I have read on these threads of one or two people doing just that....so it's ultimately up to you. I very much like Legendary Heroes more than Fallen Enchantress. It's a more complete, more full, game to which the developers are placing more effort into making even MORE out of with the upcoming 1.4 Diplomacy update and the 1.5 Wrap-up update. DLC content is also being made for Legendary Heroes...don't know if it's backward compatablle with Fallen Enchantress....I doubt it.

Anyways, I suppose to summarize, almost everyone is onboard with Legendary Heroes being 'the game'.

September 26, 2013 10:04:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

LH is by far the better game IMHO

September 26, 2013 6:35:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AFTER reading your answers i think i ll wait to 1.4 update because i love to spend much time in comagins.

September 27, 2013 7:06:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What is in the campaign? How does it differ from a game on a map?

I've played campaigns in HoMM and can guess some general things, but got curious for more specific details. Especially as I read it's coming in the next 1.4 update.

(I only started playing LH recently - as I didn't fall for Elemental War of Magic /not sure about the name/ and skipped FE until I heard good reviews of LH.)

September 27, 2013 7:37:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've only played WOM and FE campaigns. The campaign is a scripted RPG mode. It's designed to tell a story instead of teaching you the game like some other games. I will point out if you hate reading in games don't bother. Without reading the text the campaign will likely not be very fun. 

September 27, 2013 10:09:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

A campaign is usually a very long tutorial.

September 27, 2013 11:44:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Until the later stages, then it gets fun since you've spent time investing in research etc. and hopefully are fighting hard enemies. A good campaign has a training mission (skippable), and an increasing difficult progression throughout. (I only like the campaigns in HOMM4 for instance, the scenarios were pure crap, and HOMM3 was better for that replayability, and still is... )

September 27, 2013 11:52:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The story in HOMM4 was is amazing. 

September 28, 2013 4:20:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I like games with story so always i like comagins  , second thing i play presence of a very bad Internet connection in my town so off-line content of any game is very important to me.

September 28, 2013 5:50:25 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Oh I forget to ask :

What is the date for patch 1.4

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: