[BUG] Killing Vetrar did not open Arctic wildland

By on September 22, 2013 4:27:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

FuzzyGold

Join Date 10/2012

Killed Vetrar when he was wandering outside of the wildland.  Cleaned out the wildland but it did not open.

Another problem is Vetrar occupies too many tiles.  Hard to see what is where.  Also Deadly Bite from my Silt Skath did not work even though a regular attack would.

Locked Post 54 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 11, 2013 11:47:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Primal_Savage,

Quoting smeagolheart, reply 22

I would complain about the wandering, the fool freaking always sacks my cities in the early part of the game.  Not cool bro.

Ah! I was testing something and had the Fog of war turned off and I saw this (Season 15 and 23!). Vetrar just wanted to scare them though, he never destroyed the city. Talk about an early rush!!!

Reduced 53%Original 1056 x 797

Reduced 44%Original 1269 x 821

This is actually two bugs, Vetrar wandering around and the "Monsters don't attack AI" bug as well.   He definitely attacks my cities the first chance he gets.

October 13, 2013 1:47:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Leo in WI,

Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but, is the problem perhaps that you never entered his land to trigger the quest? If you just found him out wandering and slayed him without having the quest, that would seem likely to not let the quest finish.

That's pretty good post there. Worth checking out.

October 13, 2013 3:20:50 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Ericridge,
Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but, is the problem perhaps that you never entered his land to trigger the quest? If you just found him out wandering and slayed him without having the quest, that would seem likely to not let the quest finish.

That's pretty good post there. Worth checking out.

This is not the case.  In my game I had one on each side of me.  Entered both.  Had both quests at end game.  I had a conquest victory and I had the whole board except the two wild lands that wouldn't open up.

October 15, 2013 2:04:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 15, 2013 2:17:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 15, 2013 2:57:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 15, 2013 5:56:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had fun with your efforts Primal, but,  you proved what we all ready know! 

October 15, 2013 6:11:03 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 15, 2013 8:50:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Curiosity, what happens if you kill Vetrar on an arctic tile not in vetrars domain? That I would like to know.

October 15, 2013 9:12:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 15, 2013 10:26:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, they are rare, you could make a map as such, but there is a random generation that may produce his domain and artic tiles, but that may be a long while before you find such a map.

October 16, 2013 11:13:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

Yes, they are rare, you could make a map as such, but there is a random generation that may produce his domain and artic tiles, but that may be a long while before you find such a map.

It's still a bug even if it somehow worked that any artic tile you killed Vetrar on opened his wildlands.  It is bugged.

October 16, 2013 3:05:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree, but this might narrow down where the bug is occurring. I was just curious, since this problem needs to be address.

October 16, 2013 3:16:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

I agree, but this might narrow down where the bug is occurring. I was just curious, since this problem needs to be address.

Vetrar and the other bosses need to be programmed to stay within their borders.  There is no reason for them to be outside of their borders.  These guys function ingame to provide a cool bonus and new settleable area when they are dead.   That's it.   They are not meant to be the rampaging one man offensive armies that they are now.

October 16, 2013 3:29:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting smeagolheart,

Quoting parrottmath, reply 38

Vetrar and the other bosses need to be programmed to stay within their borders.  There is no reason for them to be outside of their borders.  These guys function ingame to provide a cool bonus and new settleable area when they are dead.   That's it.   They are not meant to be the rampaging one man offensive armies that they are now.

I'd like it if they're still the rampaging one man offensive armies they are now if they smashed the AI cities like human cities instead of taking care of AI cities and attacking only human cities and even more so with each city they destroy = expansion of wildlands.

October 17, 2013 10:35:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

that would be cool change or even if there was a "random event" that brought a guy and every city he conqured becomes part of his wildlands

October 24, 2013 3:39:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 24, 2013 5:06:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

October 24, 2013 5:26:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's the borders not the terrain type.  So he needs patched AI to say in his borders.  Same for all the bosses.

October 24, 2013 7:49:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Excellent, thanks primal savage. Thats one Mystery solved.

November 11, 2013 2:09:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

September 21, 2014 3:03:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The wandering outside is annoying but can possibly be seen as a random event, the key bug that needs to be fixed in the game is to make sure the unlocking/credit works when the mob is outside its wildland. It's possible that this requires a lair/anchor setting to make this work but this bug really has been around for way too long (especially since they can be really stubborn when it comes to kiting them back).

September 21, 2014 3:38:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Since vetrar loves to wander, why not make all the land he steps on become arctic and part of expanded wildlands. New monsters spawn.

September 21, 2014 4:10:24 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Ericridge,

Since vetrar loves to wander, why not make all the land he steps on become arctic and part of expanded wildlands. New monsters spawn.

This is something that would need a code change from the devs to accomplish. The modding doesn't support this type of feature. There are a few fixes to the problem and I have prevented Vetrar from leaving the artic land in a fix of mine. I didn't want to mess too much with it as adding terrain in the game would probably have an effect on quite a few mods as they are already at their limit on memory.

September 26, 2014 9:46:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting parrottmath,

Quoting Ericridge,

This is something that would need a code change from the devs to accomplish. The modding doesn't support this type of feature. There are a few fixes to the problem and I have prevented Vetrar from leaving the artic land in a fix of mine. I didn't want to mess too much with it as adding terrain in the game would probably have an effect on quite a few mods as they are already at their limit on memory.

Ahh okay.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time: