Diablo 3 is getting rid of it's Auction house

By on September 18, 2013 9:30:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Solam

Join Date 03/2007
+16

Just got an email from blizzard stating that by March 2014 the Auction house will be gone.

Seems that the AH is  not making the game any better.

We are writing tell you about an important change to Diablo III: we're going to be removing the gold and real-money auction house system from the game.

When we initially designed and implemented the auction house system, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But after much review and player feedback, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the final shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process, but feel free to check out our blog post on the subject, and stay tuned to Diablo 3.com for further details.

- The Diablo III team

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 18, 2013 10:00:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought they had already gotten rid of their customers, but what do I know 

September 18, 2013 10:03:46 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I played for about 1 year and then all it was was buy the best gear from the AH an then you looked good. My cousin spent 100$ on his char.

I stopped playing since it was not worth it anymore. Everybody was saying that getting a good item could take years and years of playing.

Oh well..

September 18, 2013 10:14:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, that really makes me excited for the next expansion. I recall that Diablo 2 was bad before the expansion as well.

September 18, 2013 2:10:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If they *COMPLETELY* revamp the loot system and incorporate the ability to actually get good items in-game now that the silly auction house is gone (and thus no justification for its sorry existence), maybe I'll consider getting this game next year.

Once that's out of the way, it just depends on how interesting and substantial the expansion(s) will be.

And Heavenfall, Diablo 2's problems were nothing compared to D3's pre-expansion.  Heck, I still love me some Diablo 2.

September 18, 2013 3:22:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I haven't played Diablo 3 because it seems to be living up to it's bad previews, however, D2 was very good out of the gate and the expansion made it great.   Only that that sucked and was behind the times even then was the graphics when it was released.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time: