[eMOD] One City to rule them all.

By on September 15, 2013 4:21:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

sjaminei

Join Date 10/2012
+24

Ever tire of managing all those crappy cities? Well this is the mod for you. "One City to rule them all" removes the ability for pioneers to make more cities, so you only get one city.           (affects only the custom race in this mod of course)

If you fear about keeping up with only one city, no worries, you get lots of goodies to play around with to compensate. If you remember OCC from the Civilization series, this is my attempt to bring back some of that fun into elemental. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95181126/OneCitytoRule.zip (extract into your Documents/My Games/LegendaryHeroes/Mods folder) 

Without further ado "One City to rule them all", contains:

- 6 new race specific buildings intended to help you keep up with your lone city against the vast AI empires.

- 1 customized new empire race and faction, with a new exciting ability to play around with.

- Life Magic book sold in a shop in your new shiny city. Yes you can have Life magic as Empire with this. 

- New city level threshold at 1000 population, as well as a new building reward adding +1 of each elemental shards power. (lvl 6 cities baby!)

NB! The included Sovereign has greatly reduced magic damage from spells, (-50%) to encourage other paths. (It has other goodies to compensate, no worries ^^) If you still want to do a mage sovereign with her, I recommend going summons.   

More detailed information below:

The faction abilities is:

-FleshBoundTome
-MasterworkChain
-ScholarsTech
-Wanderlust
-WarriorCaste
-NoRangedWeapons

Blood ability: (racial trait)

- +20% xp 
- +50% extra cost to unit Wages
- Lightning Form (active ability)

Building bonuses: (total requiring a 1000 pop city)

- +1 Growth
- +4 Materials
- +2 Grain
- +3 Essence
- +14 Research
- +50% Research
- +3 mana per essence
- +20 Gildar
- +2 Life Power, +1 Death Power, +1 each of Earth/Fire/Water/Air power.

Life Magic:

University of Seth'Ashar available at 350 population. Upon completion, Book of Light becomes available in the city shop for the price of 180 gildar.

Final Comments: (testers needed)

I think I've gotten rid of the bugs and tweaked the values properly, however a mod this size is untested waters for me, so any feedback on these issues is greatly appreciated.

-I've tried making gildar the main issue to prevent spamming as well as making some very costly buildings, but hopefully it shouldn't be detrimental to the playing experience. (you start with air magic for propaganda, as well as having possibly at least 4+ essences)

-The population thresholds for the buildings as well as their bonuses might need polishing. I think they are roughly were they are supposed to be, but nothing is set in stone. 

- The lightning form ability should hopefully be balanced with no ranged weapons, as well as a big damage hit. Tell me how it works for you. I might need to further reduce damage in case it spirals out of control with company sized troops. 

- AI lvl 6 cities. They could get some nasty spell damage if they get enough level 6 cities with their bonuses. This might be an indirect buff to AI's. I haven't faced this faction AI yet, and it has no poorly designed troops, so I hope it can do well in combat even with just one city.

Have fun!

Locked Post 7 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 15, 2013 7:26:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Temporary workaround solution to occupied cities enabled via Monument of Ashar. (9000 faction unrest, and 9000 local unrest) I will try a new cityhubline as a permanent solution later, but that will probably be a 1.1 upgrade, since I will try to make more new and interesting upgrades then too. 

September 16, 2013 10:52:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This has been added to the regularly updated list of mods for E:LH.

November 17, 2013 9:17:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Going to try this out.

Read through most of the xml - didn't even know you could add all that stuff to one xml file

All looks interesting.   The while empire with LIfe and empire version of life magic seems ambitious, curious how it will work out (especially outpost on a shard - does it change to either life or death automatically now?)

November 17, 2013 11:51:24 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Should my settlers not be able to settle?  I am NOT using your custom race - using a custom race with your blood.

Settlers seem to be able to settle - although i haven't yet.  guess I should have confirmed.

What is supposed to happen when you capture another city?   I have my unrest at 5/city so my unrest is pretty high but nothing unique.   Might also be a function of the custom race.

Lightning form seems overpowered - especially the sov version with the scar trait at a 6 multiplier.    What is the basis of the attack power?   Unit at 3 per unit is powerful - but only because it can hit multiple enemies.  Guess it depends on what the basis is - if its attack power it'll end up being too powerful once I equip something other than a base club.

Love the concept, but might have broke it with the custom race - will probably start over using yours to see how it goes.

Also - what's the recommendation on what city type to use?  Seems fortress or conclave is going to run into food problems pretty quick.  In my game I have captured cities providing food and got up to level 3 pretty quick but will be running into food issues shortly with my initial fortress.

Early research seems to be a problem - fall behind pretty quick.  Curious if those later improvements cut the gap a bit. 

November 19, 2013 8:48:18 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Using the custom provided faction is much more fun.   Limited to one city but you get the included improvements.  Working well so far, city is a beast.

Haven't gotten into a war yet, nor taken another city.  

Lightning form on Sov still seems OP.  I'll probably reduce the multiplier to 3 instead of 6 next go around.

November 22, 2013 5:41:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

excellent mod sir. Can't wait to see what you do next.

January 30, 2014 1:29:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sorry for the very very late replies, I was in the middle of crazy exams and went on christmas holiday and kinda forgot about this after.

Quoting 6357brussell,

excellent mod sir. Can't wait to see what you do next.

Thanks

Quoting jutetrea,

Should my settlers not be able to settle?  I am NOT using your custom race - using a custom race with your blood.

They should not be able to settle with my custom race if I recall correctly. And yes, tying it into blood etc. just didn't work. I needed to tweak a custom faction so I could change the pioneers etc. sadly. 

What is supposed to happen when you capture another city?   I have my unrest at 5/city so my unrest is pretty high but nothing unique.   Might also be a function of the custom race.

There is a building you need to build to fix it. However you can skip it and avoid it completely, but you lose out on the rest of the goodies then. It was intended to be temporary until I got the cityhub stuff fixed. (*soon)

Lightning form seems overpowered - especially the sov version with the scar trait at a 6 multiplier.    What is the basis of the attack power?   Unit at 3 per unit is powerful - but only because it can hit multiple enemies.  Guess it depends on what the basis is - if its attack power it'll end up being too powerful once I equip something other than a base club.

I made this for higher difficulties where mobs have more HP etc. (I only played ridicilous) I did not test it for lower ones, so you might be right.  

Also - what's the recommendation on what city type to use?  Seems fortress or conclave is going to run into food problems pretty quick.  In my game I have captured cities providing food and got up to level 3 pretty quick but will be running into food issues shortly with my initial fortress.

Early research seems to be a problem - fall behind pretty quick.  Curious if those later improvements cut the gap a bit. 

I used Fortresses usually for the troop quality, but if you use my conclavetroops mod, that is viable as well. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time: