First off, I'd like to say that after Derek follows through with his promise to remove the bunny slippers as a random drop and make them sovereign-selection only, I WILL BUY THE LOOT DLC. In the future, please make the gag items optional.
Second, here are some ideas for DLC that I would purchase in a heartbeat:
1) More Mounts - I love Bonesplitter and if you made a mounts DLC, i.e. panthers, black fire horses, pegasi (plural pegasus?), lizards, rhinos, whatever, I'd buy it. As long as they weren't ridiculous. Seriously, though, this is a must.
2) Spells, spells, and more spells! More spells for each of the elements and make then tactical AND strategic and I WILL BUY IT.
3) A new faction or two.
4) More technologies. leading to more items/units/buildings/WONDERS
5) Hell, more wonders in general.
6) More random events. More Badlands. MORE MONSTERS!
7) All of the above.
Seriously, I'd buy each of these if you made them. Keep the tone in line with the tone you've already set. I understand easter eggs, but I don't want cutesy shit in my Elemental world. If you can provide any or all of these in your DLC's, or just make another expansion with all of these, I'd be one happy customer.
I am already, but I'd be even happier
I love all of this.
Who else is on board?
imo, not 4 ... or at the very least, I would be very leary to add more technologies. For one, adding additional technologies or additional prequisite technologies could add needless clutter to an already complicated tech tree system. Also, anyone who has mods that impact the tech tree would have to readjust...or have two sets of said mod (for non-dlc and dlc users). For example, if a technology for "Fantastic Mounts" were to be added after "Warg Riders", granting access for units to ride a wider variety of mounts....that could be very interesting. However, that could also re-belch of the entire mount-balancing debates from earlier this year...
imo, not 5. Considering the length of the tech trees and the available bonues and tech increases from each advancement, the system is already fairly full of wonders to be had. While I already know that Brad like the current system where queuing the wonder guarentees the wonder, I think this is the real reason why players are asking for more wonders. There is no race to acquire them....or I should say that the race is one of tech advancement and not of city building capability. I play with Parrotmath's wondersbase mod and I must say that I have no shortage of wonders to build in the course of the game. Sometimes I get them....sometimes I don't....cause it's a race. I've made some tweaks to his mod....he's got a 90/10 ratio of cost-impact....I've changed mine to 80/20 ratio.
That said, currently we receive a popup to inform up of the world achievement. It would really bring depth to the game if short cutscenes could be made to reward your hard efforts in constructing these magnificant wonders.
Of the ideas listed so far, here are the ones that make my eyes glitter:
1) More Mounts - Awesome idea for heroes. Would love a Unicorn Rider. Or a Demon Familiar. Or a Griffin Rider. Would also be very interesting if possible to be woven in for units aswell.
2) A new Faction - The Necromancer mod by Dhuran has been very interesting to play with.
3) More Random Events - Always a good thing. Currently there seem to be bad very evil events. It would be nice to see a review of the existing events and possibly add some good ( or very good) events to help bring some balance. I have the feeling more good events would be pleasantly appriciated.
4) Another Wildland - This would be a jawdropper. Would love another Wildland to bring more variety to the table. Perhaps some undead abomination to go with the necromancer faction??? Has any consideration been made to the reimplmentation of wildlands??? Is the expansion of them just something that's not going to happen?
5) Another Class - Would love if a Druid class were added.
6) More Spells - There have been threads on this one too. More spells = awesome.
7) More Quests - I know you've already released a quest dlc, but if something is being added to the game...say the 'druid' class...it would be nice if quests, spells, abilities, summons, etc could all be worked on a little too....to help 'fill' out the inclusion of your DLC.
8) More Summons - Same reason as #7.
Lasly, this there going to be an expansion to depict the contrast to the undead that's been added to the game? ie, are we going to see angels, archons, holy attacks, Paladins, etc....all to combat the mass of undead hordes that have been introduced in the last expansion?