You Want My Money? DLC's That I'll Pay For:

By on September 12, 2013 7:59:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

XWerewolfX

Join Date 02/2006
+26

First off, I'd like to say that after Derek follows through with his promise to remove the bunny slippers as a random drop and make them sovereign-selection only, I WILL BUY THE LOOT DLC. In the future, please make the gag items optional.

Second, here are some ideas for DLC that I would purchase in a heartbeat:

1) More Mounts - I love Bonesplitter and if you made a mounts DLC, i.e. panthers, black fire horses, pegasi (plural pegasus?), lizards, rhinos, whatever, I'd buy it. As long as they weren't ridiculous. Seriously, though, this is a must. 

2) Spells, spells, and more spells! More spells for each of the elements and make then tactical AND strategic and I WILL BUY IT. 

3) A new faction or two. 

4) More technologies. leading to more items/units/buildings/WONDERS

5) Hell, more wonders in general. 

6) More random events. More Badlands. MORE MONSTERS!

7) All of the above. 

Seriously, I'd buy each of these if you made them. Keep the tone in line with the tone you've already set. I understand easter eggs, but I don't want cutesy shit in my Elemental world. If you can provide any or all of these in your DLC's, or just make another expansion with all of these, I'd be one happy customer. 

I am already, but I'd be even happier

Locked Post 53 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 12, 2013 10:34:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreed - the tone is serious so the idea of a lollypop and bunny slippers put me right off.

September 12, 2013 11:29:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreed with op but what i would specially like to see for the game is:

* Two new fantasy non-human factions, one empire and one kingdom that would rule so much, but i doubt we'll see that.

* Also the monster dlc,  with some more recruit-able monsters and more lairs and stuff in general would rule.

* Items and traits for unit customization and some of them faction unique, i love this feature of FE but LH didn't add much in this department.

September 13, 2013 12:01:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Nightmurderer03,

* Items and traits for unit customization and some of them faction unique, i love this feature of FE but LH didn't add much in this department.

imo, ^this deserves a

September 13, 2013 12:27:03 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

First off, I'd like to say that after Derek follows through with his promise to remove the bunny slippers as a random drop and make them sovereign-selection only, I WILL BUY THE LOOT DLC. In the future, please make the gag items optional.

1) More Mounts - I love Bonesplitter and if you made a mounts DLC, i.e. panthers, black fire horses, pegasi (plural pegasus?), lizards, rhinos, whatever, I'd buy it. As long as they weren't ridiculous. Seriously, though, this is a must. 

2) Spells, spells, and more spells! More spells for each of the elements and make then tactical AND strategic and I WILL BUY IT. 

3) A new faction or two. 

7) All of the above. 

Seriously, I'd buy each of these if you made them. Keep the tone in line with the tone you've already set. I understand easter eggs, but I don't want cutesy shit in my Elemental world. If you can provide any or all of these in your DLC's, or just make another expansion with all of these, I'd be one happy customer. 

Your opening statement says that Mr Derek will be making some changes to the Loot Pack bunny slippers... or at least suggesting that he was -or- is going to make changes to it. Please, may I ask where you came across that information? I am most interested in this news.

Have a blessed day,

-kmkenpo

September 13, 2013 3:05:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agree with OP.

Except spells are n°1 item for me. I'm waiting for additional spells before playing again.

September 13, 2013 4:02:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting kmkenpo,

Your opening statement says that Mr Derek will be making some changes to the Loot Pack bunny slippers... or at least suggesting that he was -or- is going to make changes to it. Please, may I ask where you came across that information? I am most interested in this news.

Have a blessed day,

-kmkenpo

He said they won't drop randomly any more, they will only be available when creating custom sovereigns. The lollipop will still drop randomly.

September 13, 2013 4:16:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would like more different mounts. I found a quest of obtaining a pony only in the editor. Never saw it in random games. How about chariots? And yes, I'd want pegasus too.

I would like more different weapons. Slings and thrown spears for example. Double crossbow. Ballistas. May be even muskets.

I would like more options for sovereign customisation. All faces and clothes should be available to all races.

I would like if every race would have an additional special trait or special unit.

I would like a sort of Siege Pack where walls defend from ranged attacks. Look at sieges of Age of Wonders.

September 13, 2013 4:18:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd buy any DLC to support a great game and gaming company.

I like the above suggested ideas, plus a wait-command in tactical battles (think I remember that from HoMM or MOO). This would make the unit wait with it's action until after the next unit in the queue. This would provide you with more decisions/options in battle.

In my short experience I don't find much use for the late champions. On a large map the gap to the Sov and main /first/ champion becomes too big. HoMM had Xp-locations to visit on the map and Xp-buildings in cities, that you could visit once for a fixed Xp-bonus. This could help making the newer champions a bit more competitive, as the bonus is more noticeable on low level units. (And I don't think we need the tree that gave +1 level, that would benefit the Sov too much.) 

I also think double Hero-armies shouldn't get quite as hard Xp-decrease. As I understand the present situation; two heroes split the Xp, three get one third each, etc - and then troops get half of that. IMHO it's not Xp-efficient to use 2+ Sov/Champions-led troops - but it would be fun. I'd suggest to make two heroes get 66% or 75% of the Xp (instead of 50%) - so it gets slightly better to use 2-hero armies.

September 13, 2013 4:35:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I agree with NeoNick's proposition.

At the moment my sovereign is the only hero gaining levels at all in my games. The others just sit in cities. Yes I could make several armies, but those cost gildar whereas a double hero army would even lower the cost.

And with Air 4 and Call of the Titans being a thing I can get away with this.

HoMM is another thing that brought me to buy this game and play it, just because I liked having my heroes levelup. In that game the heroes could never be in one stack, but that was no issue since you could recruit creeps everywhere and in your own cities (only those in your cities could be upgraded) which would respawn on a 7 turn basis.

This made it entirely possible to field massive armies for each hero. That was fun. Every hero could be of use. Not so much here in Elemental. Sad. Sad story.

September 13, 2013 5:58:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well my 2c... my preference for DLC is anything that is hard or impossible to mod into the game.  So stuff like Monsters, Units or Equipment.... *specifically those that have new models* are the best thing for DLC.

Basically anything that is not just xml, because we can do that ourselves (for the most part).

September 13, 2013 6:50:46 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NeoNick7,
I also think double Hero-armies shouldn't get quite as hard Xp-decrease. As I understand the present situation; two heroes split the Xp, three get one third each, etc - and then troops get half of that. IMHO it's not Xp-efficient to use 2+ Sov/Champions-led troops - but it would be fun. I'd suggest to make two heroes get 66% or 75% of the Xp (instead of 50%) - so it gets slightly better to use 2-hero armies.

If experience is not divided among heroes than every layer will gather all their heroes in one army and kill monsters one by one with this stack. There will be no need in multiple armies since heroes will obtain more TOTAL experience while walking together. So for heroes the formula is right. It gives option to walk in group or alone with no advantage to any choice.

But when an army consists of some heroes and common units, then common units really suffer. This is bad. And I have no proposal for this.

September 13, 2013 7:50:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting abob101,

Well my 2c... my preference for DLC is anything that is hard or impossible to mod into the game.  So stuff like Monsters, Units or Equipment.... *specifically those that have new models* are the best thing for DLC.

Basically anything that is not just xml, because we can do that ourselves (for the most part).

Seems like those are amongst the easiest things to mod into the game.

September 13, 2013 9:01:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting webusver,

If experience is not divided among heroes than every layer will gather all their heroes in one army and kill monsters one by one with this stack. There will be no need in multiple armies since heroes will obtain more TOTAL experience while walking together. So for heroes the formula is right. It gives option to walk in group or alone with no advantage to any choice.

But when an army consists of some heroes and common units, then common units really suffer. This is bad. And I have no proposal for this.

Agreed, but I still think it's presently too sub-optiomal to stack two heroes in an army (except for very hard fights you want to do now and not later). There is too little use for late champions. What about giving the troops the same xp in muliti-hero-armies, as they would get in a single hero army? I know the troops would level faster than the heroes in 3+ heroarmies, but that isn't a bad thing or is it? (This is an additional idea that I had after the post.)

September 13, 2013 10:16:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I think a wildlands DLC would be fantastic, in fact they could add so much more to them.

A. Quests associated with specific wildlands.

B. Extra wildlands would mean extra monsters and items.

C. More monsters should pour from Wildlands than in the current model and Wildlands should expand, so eventually players and the AI have to deal with those monsters and new lairs spawning.

D. Random events associated with those wildlands, being in or near their vicinity.

A Wildlands DLC can wrap up many different types of new content that players want to see, and would enrich the setting of Elemental.

My other suggestion would be an Item Forge DLC, the ability to craft powerful items in game. Quests could give you specific materials to make powerful items or add traits to existing ones. Maybe add some new weapon types too?!

September 13, 2013 10:17:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I would pay to get married again!  and have some bad ass kids!

September 13, 2013 11:10:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,

3) A new faction or two. 

7) All of the above. 

derek promised to remove the bunny slippers? How disappointing. 

- more exotic mounts would be amazing. Griffins. Unicorns. naga. Etc.

- While spells would be fantastic, I would be Leary as any and all spells made should be carefully designed and balanced. In addition, each of the magic types should remain unique, such that choosing any type gives you access to all potential should not be possible.

- Another Wildland or two would be fantastic, but an overhaul in how wild lands operate would also be welcome. Wild lands should expand overtime, showing the ancient titans trying to take control of Elemental again... Like it shows in the opening cutscene. To accomplish this, I offer the idea that each Wildland consist of a series of nodes at hat each have a ZoC. These nodes each have their ZoC expand perodically. By conquering a noe, you reduce the size of the Wildland...so long as there were no overlapping ZoC effects from other nodes nearby, and you also increase the anger of the Wildland boss. It too would have a diplomacy setting...though against all factions. The more the land is attacked, the more aggressive the Wildland creatures become. In addition, if your city iron outposts are enveloped by the Wildland, there could be battles, and if lost, they become new nodes for the Wildland, expanding...

- Would love it if the concept was also tied in with more mercenary types and an overhaul in how the current merc system works. I should have the choice/decision to make of when to build my units. They should not automatically build. I should have the ability to destroy a built merc camp. More merc types would also be very welcome. I don't mind it if the merc units cost upkeep (in gp and/or mana), but the player should retain the choice of when and if he wants to build the units then. 

- I would not be in favor of changing the tech tree or adding more wonders unless SD changed the way wonders were made to be in line with the civ 4 method...something that Brad has already said he does not favor.

September 13, 2013 1:19:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ThePhilosopher,

I think a wildlands DLC would be fantastic, in fact they could add so much more to them.

A. Quests associated with specific wildlands.

B. Extra wildlands would mean extra monsters and items.

C. More monsters should pour from Wildlands than in the current model and Wildlands should expand, so eventually players and the AI have to deal with those monsters and new lairs spawning.

D. Random events associated with those wildlands, being in or near their vicinity.

A Wildlands DLC can wrap up many different types of new content that players want to see, and would enrich the setting of Elemental.

My other suggestion would be an Item Forge DLC, the ability to craft powerful items in game. Quests could give you specific materials to make powerful items or add traits to existing ones. Maybe add some new weapon types too?!

PVE mode might be interesting as well.  Drop the whole other factions and diplomacy and just have wildlands.   Might make for an interesting game mode.

September 13, 2013 2:15:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Sounds like you want a Scenario instead, like the old HoMM games where the end win goal was to kill a mighty dragon etc. with quests on the way. If you could somehow outsource some talented map makers for cheap to make great maps, that would make for a great DLC I think. The In-House talent seems to busy doing other stuff

September 13, 2013 2:19:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting sjaminei,

Sounds like you want a Scenario instead, like the old HoMM games where the end win goal was to kill a mighty dragon etc. with quests on the way. If you could somehow outsource some talented map makers for cheap to make great maps, that would make for a great DLC I think. The In-House talent seems to busy doing other stuff
  It could work for a scenerio but then that's only one map.  So that's why I said game mode so you could have all the maps (incl. random maps)

September 13, 2013 4:09:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'd really play this game-mode!

It sounds awesome at the moment I am often playing a round of FE:LH with only one Novice AI faction on the map "The Wildlands" to reach a similiar feal. Unfortunately the AI either decides it needs to die and the game is over or it expands too much for my liking

That proposed game-mode of PvE sounds like something I personally would enjoy.

September 13, 2013 8:23:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What kind of things do you guys have in store for us, anyway?

Also, when will the slippers be removed as a drop? I'm eager to support you. 

September 14, 2013 2:40:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i too want all the OP wants BUT.... i d rather see it bundled in a proper expansion.

as far as DLC is concered i prefer if they sticked to quest packs and cosmetical stuff.

something i really want and secretly hoped the loot pack to be (it wasnt) would be more cosmetical options for your troops - champions already have enough gear but its kinda boring that all troops look the same in different colors.

why not make it so that there s at least 2-5 different looking armor pieces to chose from ?

what i mean is that when designing troops instead of a leather cuirass you could chose between leather cuirass type A, type B, type C - all having exactly the same stats but a different model/texture. add this for every piece of gear from every class (leather, chain, plate etc.) and you d have a ton of customization options. use these with the pre-designed standard troops as well to give the different factions distinct visual flair.

its just a cosmetic change but one that imho would add a lot to the game and that i m sure many people would pay for.

imagine the ythril troops wearing armor that looks (just for example) spikey like the orks in warhammer - imagine gilden troops looking like the Order Paladins in fall from heaven etc. etc. .... and imagine what you could create mix & matching all that as you see fit with your own custom creations.

i wish i d have the talent myself but i m fairly sure a talented artist could do so much more out of elementals armor & weapons - hey derek/kael maybe try to hire the guy who did most of the work on FFH models ?

gameplay-wise i feel like Stardock put quite some effort in making the factions play differently but visually apart from colors and skins they feel too much alike. having more armor/weapon models/skins could change that.

its one of those smalls details i absoluted adored in Fall from Heaven - having (mostly) human factions that still managed to feel very unique because of very distinct gameplay and visual styles.

September 15, 2013 3:16:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yep, monsters, wildlands (w/ pve), more equipment and perks for troops,  more sovereign and faction customization options, fortifications and sieges.

Lot's of good suggestions here. 

September 15, 2013 10:22:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... and more champions, including weird rarely appearing ones, and random events, and options for city improvements, including weird rarely appearing ones, and ...

September 16, 2013 8:12:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New classes, too. I'd pay $5 for a new class or two!

Make the ranger one official! And give me a necromancer class that's fully fleshed out! Or give me a druid-type character that can shapeshift. 

Oh, yeah, that's it! GIVE ME SHAPESHIFTERS! DRUID SHAPESHIFTERS!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: