AI Factions and Monsters is in alliance together.

By on September 9, 2013 3:29:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ericridge

Join Date 02/2012
+27

I'm not kidding, I'm really sad at this point after spending 34 hours on fallen enchantress:legendary heroes this weekend.

Doesn't matter what I do, i send unarmed pioneers, they gladly leave their nests to slaughter my pioneers. But if it's AI pioneer, they shall pass unharmed. So with all the unbelieveable cheating going on. I gave up on the boredom of watching unmolested scouts and pioneers farting in general direction of likes as Dragons and Super fire elementals of doom and etc and they let them go by unharmed but if I do the same. I get attacked.

Most incredible moment of this one was when I ran into Mancers they was my neighbor, I beat down a fire dragon without losing a unit in battle.. then they send their hero to steal the treasure from dragon's lair, this enraged me into dowing Mancers. Since I had a dragonslaying worthy army, Mancers got rolled everywhere. They didn't even have a army and then when I marched into their territory. Monster nests everywhere, I was forced to smash every monster nest, dismantle the monster patrols then capture the unmolested outpost before moving onto next outpost. After several monster fortified outposts fell to me, at this point my soldiers was pretty godly due to being forced to kill every single monster.

Here's the funny part, the moment I started to march into heart of Mancer's territory, this really pissed off the earth elementals alot when my Deadly army took a mancer city deep in their territory, every single one was like HEY A HUMAN PLAYER TOOK AN AI CITY IN OUR SIGHT! HOW DARE HIM SUCCEED WHEN WE'RE CHEATING LIKE CRAZY! CHARGE EVERYONE! My deadly army of doom got attacked by 3 monster armies of earth elementals they got all slaughered. And the catch? The city which I took was defended by weak frail 6 militias and a single guardian statue. After facerolling Mancers and butthurt cheating elementals I got bored.

And proceeded to start a new game but this time with me as the only faction and no other ai factions except for Monsters. But alas I wasn't allowed to do such a thing because that means AI can't get to cheat against me.

I didn't very much screenshots of Mancers because I didn't understand the gravity of the cheating that was going on until later on.

Here's the screenshots so sucks to be you naysayers.

Pic of me entering Umber Territory for the first time..

[spoil][/spoil]

Here's an Monster protected Outpost. Three friggin fire elemental armies making sure I don't steal it too easily.

[spoil][/spoil]

Ogres and Hellions protecting Cyndrum which is defended only by Miltia/guardian statue/ and a hero.

[spoil][/spoil]

AI pioneers wandering in Swamp God's territory unmolested, but where If I move one of my armies one tile into their borders.... I get attention of everyone including the swamp god himself which wants a piece of my army but disregards the AI pioneers.

[spoil][/spoil]

Here's an Cave bear attacking my Militia army at one of chokepoints and failing horribly despite there's helpless pioneers running around that it could snack on.

[spoil][/spoil]

And then a Pioneer that got pretty angry RATHER UPSET at one of my newly formed armies which was formed just to help clear out the monsters protecting evil cheating AI outposts. (UPSET as in upset enough to attack my army despite not being able to hurt me. Many bad things happened to that pioneer.)

[spoil][/spoil]

More pictures incoming in second post.

Locked Post 27 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Crathsor
September 9, 2013 3:30:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Army of Butchermen attacked one of the cities I took from Mancers, and oops they're Magnars oh well at the moment i don't respect the AI factions very much due to all the massive cheating I see going on with monsters and factions.

After that army of butchermen died a horrible death, an army of 3 heroes*cheaters* attacked my city right after the butchermens died off. Needless to say that they didn't even kill a single soldier.

You see a couple of rock elemental armies? Yeah, they kept on heading for Rilkaz but every time I moved Pelleon back they retreated, but if i move in they head for Rilkaz again so I got fed up and killed them before moving in.

Unmolested Tarth Outpost surrounded monsters until I came by and killed everyone.

A frail newly settled Fortress that didn't get attacked by dangerous Spiders of doom despite it being defended by 3-5 militias at best. -.-

This is very early in the game, me staring at the monsters while being dumbfounded at their wizardy to make monsters disregard AI pioneers/armies.

THEY SHALL PASS! SAYS THE ROCK ELEMENTALS!

Then at this point start to get really livid after watching alot of panthers let another Pioneer go by unharmed so I decided to send a scout and pioneer the same route.. both got killed by same panthers.

Yeah sure, murder my scout but let AI scouts and pioneer pass on by unmolested, sounds logic.

And after watching my Scout get killed by cheaters, I decided that its really fail of Stardock to do a shameful thing like that. So I worked hard and cleared out all the monsters blocking my path to scout out the lame resolynsomething city.

Behold and lo I see a powerful Fire elemental lair there.

I have to steer clear of them or get murdered early game.

So I decide to stay 3 tiles away but i see the fire elmental leave it's lair to attack me by moving one tile into forest and then by next turn it attacked my army with predictable results, my poor lord got murdered and used as a new throne for fire elementals just because I'm a human player, not AI.

So after 34 hours, I give up on massive amount of cheating going on despite the promise of the Set up menu, ah sweet sweet lies.

When will there be a patch going up to fix this ridiculous cheat?

September 9, 2013 5:15:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

i agree, every time i cast the spell where i see the whole map (forgot the name) i see no red dots in my territory (because i love killing monsters) and ZOUNDS of red dots in every enemy region. and not because im in war with anyone, because of all the monsters in their region.

its ok that the ai cheats(it would maybe be to weak anyway). but it doesnt look right, it doesn't feel like a world where all the races fight a common enemy.

i played elemental games where monsters and ai's had a better challenge together - even if this meant that one race just existed with one city surrounded by monsters, but i guess that is more acceptable then monsters and ai's living in harmony.

bump

September 9, 2013 7:23:52 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I'm going to quit arguing this because there is no way to change the perception of this: The monsters attack the AI just as much as humans. It's a placebo effect when players think they are attacking the other way.

Only at difficulty levels above challenging (on world difficulty) do monsters start to look at the players differently. But on challenging or less, it's a random roll without knowing who it's going after.  

If people want to say the monsters aren't giving the AI a hard time, there's nothing I can do to convince them otherwise. But it's not happening. I've spent enough time on this particular issue to determine that it's all perception and not reality. In a typical game, the AI loses a lot more units (pioneers especially) to monsters than a typical human will (mostly because humans are more careful).

[quote who="Fistalis" ]

Frogboy,

Whether or not the AI is treated differently or not, the fact that players perceive it this way is an issue. The randomness you say exists is probably part of the issue. If players could see the AI acting in a consistent manner IE it always attack a hero that lands next to it, always go for the nearest city etc. Then this wouldn't be an issue. However the randomness in its actions is and will continue to make the players think that it's weighted to attack the player more.

Consistency should be the word here, not randomness if you want some players to not feel they are being targeted in a different way than the AI.

You can scream off the rooftops that it is fair and balanced, but it doesn't matter if the player feels he's being cheated in some way consistently. Players who feel like they are being cheated consistently aren't likely to be having fun, have a positive opinion of the game or suggest it to friends.
 [/quote]

Posted in Nov. of 2012. so um ya.. he didn't listen then he likely wont now.

Or to put it a different way

Edit: Just for clarity this was a discussion regarding FE, and while LH has some improvements in this regard I'm pretty sure the above post still stands for both myself and frogboy.

September 9, 2013 7:34:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've encountered a variation to AI-stealing. I cleared monsters from a good patch for an outpost, but before it arrived the AI outposted the spot. Grr. IMHO this is good AI-tactics, so nothing to be upset about. But yesterday I did not clear a monster group close by an far out AI-outpost on purpose, hoping the mobs will attack/destroy the outpost so I outpost it instead. EDIT: from Frogboy's post I understand I need some luck, so that the monster start attacking.

EDIT: from Frogboys post (I missed it), the answer is no AI-monster-alliances.

September 9, 2013 8:31:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As a matter of curiosity, does anyone know how monsters treat players differently above Challenging world difficulty (as stated by Frogboy)? Do they attack the player but not AIs, or is it more complicated than that?

I play on Ridiculous and I do find it a bit disconcerting when my town expands over a lair and the monsters head straight for my town, whereas the AI seems to be able to survive with lairs all over the place. It's not stopped me playing the game though, and I should emphasise that this is on high difficulty; Frogboy states that there should be nothing other than people's perception for Challenging and below.

September 9, 2013 8:46:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting merlinme,

As a matter of curiosity, does anyone know how monsters treat players differently above Challenging world difficulty (as stated by Frogboy)? Do they attack the player but not AIs, or is it more complicated than that?

I play on Ridiculous and I do find it a bit disconcerting when my town expands over a lair and the monsters head straight for my town, whereas the AI seems to be able to survive with lairs all over the place. It's not stopped me playing the game though, and I should emphasise that this is on high difficulty; Frogboy states that there should be nothing other than people's perception for Challenging and below.

Here's a link to the FULL thread.. there's all the info you need, plus lots of juicy bickering about how the players think it should be. Note: I lost and random monster behavior was left in which is why i pretty much shelved FE and LH lol

http://forums.elementalgame.com/437178/page/1/#replies

There may  have been some slight changes since this thread was discussing FE but I honestly haven't kept up with LH enough to be able to direct you to any posts about this issue in LH (although I'm sure there are some since as I said in the above thread random monster behavior is going to keep threads just like this one popping up over and over, thanks to the OP for being one of many to prove me right )

If you're too lazy to read through it then I'll summarize to the best of my knowledge. The higher the difficulty the more likely the AI is to target the player and ignore the AI. With Challenging being the "balanced" setting. Lower difficulties supposedly work opposite IIRC.

September 9, 2013 9:09:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks. There was a bug (which should now have been fixed) where monsters were unable to find a path to targets one tile away from them. This might explain some of the behaviour seen in the earlier threads. However it wouldn't explain what Ericridge says he's seeing in 1.3.

Personally I accept that (certainly on high difficulty levels) the AI can get away with stuff I can't, and just get on with it, but I understand some people might find it annoying. Especially if it's happening when it's not supposed to.

September 9, 2013 10:02:36 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I"m currently playing on Challenging, and no. I know cheating when I see it.

I have attempted to do the same as the AI.

I have set up outposts to get resources easily and the free way like AI do and only ot see my unguarded outpost get attacked and razed after like 10 turns but I watch AI set up their outposts and have it stay there for hundreds of turns until I get upset enough over it and send my armies to murder the monsters and AI working together.

I was like whattttttttttt.

And then i set up a unguarded town, it gets attacked and razed instantly.

But if you're the AI, you get free pass and fire elementals will never murder you because they lick AI's butts.

I love the naysayers saying nope, AI isn't cheating even when I post screenshoots of proof. I send scouts, they get murdered. AI send scouts they don't get murdered and contact me like 10 turns on Huge maps. Impressive.

No matter how much stardock claims it's not cheating, it is cheating. I regret buying this game off steam because ther'e sno way to get refund. I could play this crappy game with monsters off but then it'll turn into a civ 3 game with insane rexxing.

September 9, 2013 10:08:51 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It may be that the AI is getting an advantage that is hard to understand from the code and how all the parts work together.  At least that's what I hope it is.

But certainly, I see AI creatures and lairs all over the AI players' lands (Challenging Monsters/AI Players) in 1.3 and I have only seen an AI city get destroyed by monsters once.

September 9, 2013 10:20:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

hm... 

ok, i was away for some time (made a break when i heard multiplayer will not be supported).

i purchased it now because of the steam sale alert.

there is still much to do, and as i see it in the modding section, some of it is done by 'do-it-yourself'.

i'm sorry if this is a dead horse, its my first time with legendary heroes, and yes, i played challenging monsters on a random map - and when seeing the world map.. i just think for my self.... there is much to do in the AI's borders, i have to kill MUCH monsters, why are they so careless with inside their borders. does simply not feel right/real

but its simply perception if you play to win the game you play different too, you wouldn't destroy the lairs yourself cause it deliever you a constant flow of XP.

if your view is a more roleplaying style - you maybe want to expand slow into the wild, and free all the land on the way from all the terrors to make a save haven (and - on a sidenote: if a warning pops up that saying enemy within border - its a new one!)

for example, i have a umberoth lair within the border with lvl 12 or something, just keeping it until i find a collar to bind it

anyway, i will concentrate more on this issue. thanks for posting the discussion. i still love the game (it hurts that its not multiplayer... but i can wait.)

September 9, 2013 12:12:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm playing medium map with 4 opponents on challenging and I can confirm that this is happening.

AI can build anywhere without any reprisal from roving monsters. I have to protect my assets all the time otherwise I will get my a@@ kicked.

I remember when I use to play MOM and this would not happen. Roving monsters and lairs would attack the AI.

I wonder why Stardock is in denial.

September 9, 2013 12:35:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had once a drake's army in my ZoC that attacked and killed everything that passed nearby, enemies included, and never went for my cities. This, was an exceptional event: in all my other games the monsters happily ignored the AI, as stated above.

September 9, 2013 2:07:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm a generous soul, i shall play at least one more game and document every single event of Monsters and AI factions conspiring against me. Just to see how truly random it is.

September 9, 2013 3:50:46 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I play on difficult, and the monsters certainly stay away from the AI. I don't really mind that the AI "cheats", but it's just a clumsy way to go about it, and it detracts from the rest of the game. I still love the game and will continue playing it--into the wee hours of the dawn--but the OP is right, the monsters don't attack AI much on harder difficulties.

September 9, 2013 4:35:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It might be that the monsters attack the player more frequently on high difficulties and at the same time treats AI-players like it would have a human player on lower difficulty (i.e not attacking them often)? If so, then the perception of being "unfairly" attacked often is correct on higher difficulties (which Frogboy also writes).

I see no reason why Frogboy would lie about this. IMHO the debate could be caused by a mix up of randomness and posts from really high difficulty games. (I saw a similar mix up at work today, observing that you need to know all parameters and the exact situation before judging.) 

September 9, 2013 4:53:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting NeoNick7,
I see no reason why Frogboy would lie about this.

Hold up there kimosabe, no one is calling Frogboy a liar.

There was an elemental dev post on a very similar issue:  link  In that link Stardock had not seem a particular issue where a monster stands around the AI and doesn't attack it.  They had not noticed that their clever and intertwined AI had were so enswirlled that the result was causing ai monsters to not attack ai factions.   To call something a lie is attributing willful mistruth or oversight to something.   I'd wager this is probably not the case, but there might to be an oversight.

September 9, 2013 5:11:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I fully understand the OP's frustration.
I cannot comment on if/how much the AI cheats at challenging difficulty, but I experienced the same on the highest difficulty levels, and at first it infuriated me just the same. Since then I have come to accept it, after realizing that the AI is pretty dumb and simply needs cheats like this to be competative. Note that I accepted this even before I read that these kinds of cheating are indeed intended on higher difficulty levels.

Ericridge, it is probably not what you want to hear, but I don't think you will achieve much with long posts with countless pictures (which is also what Fistalis more or less wanted to express). Instead I would advise you to simply accept it (I have!), and play accordingly.

I hope you can look past this issue, because the game really is fun.

September 9, 2013 5:28:30 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think some users are not understanding how monster lairs work, particularly in 1.3.

I'm going to give you some inside talk on how the monsters work.

SPOILER WARNING...

You have been warned...

1. Monsters do not attack outposts intentionally. They used to and it was not fun for anyone.  Instead, they will sometimes choose a random destination to wander around and if it happens to be an outpost it'll kill it but it's pretty rare.   Players can set up outposts near monster lairs as well and they will rarely be attacked.

2. A monster lair that is 2 tiles away from a city will not be attacked by that monster lair's monsters. That is true whether it's AI or human.  They will only leave if a unit comes within 1 tile. This was changed because players were gaming it to get at monster treasure.  Now, they're smart about leaving their lairs.  So if there's a dragon 2 tiles away from your city, it'll never attack. What it SPAWNS might attack.  

3. There are times when a path is calculated for a unit to move and if the player moves into a tile that is part of the AI's path it will be "attacked". The AI didn't mean to attack (you weren't its destination) you just got affected by the nature of simultaneous moves.

The point being, for the AI to be "cheating" it would have to be something that a human couldn't do either. The answer is, the things shown in this post are equally applicable to a human player.

You can argue that a dragon lair 2 tiles away from a city *should* attack that city but it's not cheating unless the dragon would attack a human but not an AI player.

When programming monster behavior, there is a very very fine line between "realism" and fun.  Once upon a time, the monsters would attack and destroy cities and outposts like that. And I would even agree that the monster difficulty should enable that kind of behavior.  But again, it's a balance between what is FUN for the player and what is realistic or theorically fun.

I remember having this sort of debate when writing the GalCiv AI. Early on, I had the AI crank out cheap ships that would block players from being able to colonize good planets.  It was a smart tactic but really made players angry.  So I had it stop doing that. I know there are always hard core players who want the monsters or AI players to play at their most bastardly, but the fact is, most players just get angry. I'd rather work on the AI to make it play more intelligently in a way that isn't exploiting humans.

September 9, 2013 9:48:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A suggestion about threshold AI attacking stuff, ignore this if it already exists.  Set different threshold between behaviors levels based upon intelligence/aggressiveness.  If a monster has a low intelligence have it act random like mentioned but if it is aggressive have it attack things 1 square away.  Have the distance for aggressiveness increase by intelligence level like Animal / very low / low / normal / high / very high / exceptional such that the max auto attack distance if a monster is aggressive would be 7 squares if it is exceptionally intelligent and aggressive.  As I said this is likely useless as it is what probably already exists but if not I hope this helps.

September 10, 2013 3:30:23 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@ Smeagolheart Ok, understood.

Thanks for the explanation Frogboy. I enjoy games more when I know what most gameplay parameters. And coming from a new player; I think that monster behaviour seems good, especially as players otherwise would "pull" monsters from their lairs to loot it. (PS only eleet people have frog avatars..

September 10, 2013 3:58:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That makes some sense, thanks for the explanation, Frogboy. I think the example where I found it a bit disconcerting was with spawned monsters; when my city ZOC expanded over the lair I was not attacked immediately. However I think the first group of monsters spawned headed straight for my city, although that's probably fair enough on Ridiculous. Is it correct to say then that mobile monsters are more likely to target the player on higher difficulty levels?

September 10, 2013 5:10:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
I remember having this sort of debate when writing the GalCiv AI. Early on, I had the AI crank out cheap ships that would block players from being able to colonize good planets.  It was a smart tactic but really made players angry.  So I had it stop doing that. I know there are always hard core players who want the monsters or AI players to play at their most bastardly, but the fact is, most players just get angry. I'd rather work on the AI to make it play more intelligently in a way that isn't exploiting humans.

I understand. You already did a great job to configure all the difficulty settings in the game, one of the things i really really love is to be able to configure map and enemy settings to my personal playstyle and mood

There is another Stardock Game: Sins of a Solar Empire, where you - i'm sure you know that - can edit they behaviour of the AI's like: "Defender", "Trader", "Attacker", "Sciencefocus" etc.

I'm not sure i would want that in single player - it's more a multiplayer thing.

But i would love to be able to set a 'general' Behaviour, like normal, agressive, and most of all - fortifying AI. Instead of running around with much smaller groups and much undefended pioneers, building bad ass armies, leveling their mixture of heroes and units by clearing out all the lairs they have inside their borders. 

maybe i should play higher difficulties, but from my perception the AI expands too fast. all the cities can be raped very fast in early game.

but thats just me.

still have to play more games, and the only really not beautiful issue i came across is the monsters in enemy territory, and its really just a beauty issue i guess. but since its kind of role playing - this is a greater deal then how perfect the ai works - in my humble opinion

September 10, 2013 5:37:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm glad for your guys's patience, I currently have a game in progress that's on 10 hours now..

Unfortunately not very much AI pictures yet but I forgot to include this two pictures from yesterday. So lets start with that.

I forgot about this two sweet photos.

I was inspecting the opposition that was facing my mercenary army. First one, plaguestalker army okay.

What's that second army under there, oh just a pioneer army. Disregard. ... WAT!

And now for the ones from today.

My scout was following this road to scout out this altar territory and promptly ran facefirst into a dragon at full speed.

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME JUST MAKE THIS VERY FAST DRAGON OH GOD PLEASE!

This screenshot showing the dragon chose my scout over a trio of lovely maidens. I suspect this particular dragon is female because aren't they supposed to kidnap maidens for steady supply of wannabe knights diet?

And then in my capital zone, there's a nest of powerful poisonous spiders that I didn't dare to attempt to remove until like later into the game like 5 hours after the beginning I didn't feel like losing my lvl 6 militia guys to them However I did learn that they do leave the nest when they sense a certain victory if they can reach me but they only pursue you for 1-2 hexes at most.

Middle note, This current game in progress has managed to amuse me tremendously. Why? Because lemme tell you..

First worldwide event: Plague struck my cities, so I chose to make communities for the sick and have them live separate from my healthy citizens.

Then second event: Undead uprising. yes that's right, there was skeletons everywhere.

Then third event: Eclipse. Yes that's right those skeletons got buffed two levels against early game militia armies I love this, it made the game more funnier for me. They was surprisingly tough. I had to apply battlefield tactics which involved kiting the skeletons until there wasn't any space anymore then MELEE!

Then fourth event: Blood Season, worldwide war just like that cuz everyone decide they want blood for the blood god.Although I didn't do anything other than pillage a couple of altarian's Outposts cuz he said i looked ugly to him in middle of blood season. I'm sure he regret it now. My scout pillaged his two outposts good!

And the fifth: Despite the increasingly civilized world, unmentionable horrors still lurk. The event where they basically spawned five armies of doom next to my first three cities. I manged to pull all my armies from borders and intercepted them just in time before they could raze my capitals. 2 turns. I bet that Amheh guy was gonna raze my capital on the third. So freaking close. Been long time since I had suspense like that. Last time was civ 4. So freaking long. Reminded me of how fun it was to take on that barbarian invasion in stone age and win with just one surviving warrior left who held off ten+ barbs and killed them all.

Anyways back to the monster+AI alliance i keep on mentioning.

I saw an marvelous unexpected test site which was just as perfect.

5 food 3 prod and 1 mana something? I have no clue what that blue symbol is for. Essences or something?

Back to that landsite, I decided to rip a page out of AI cheater handbook and settle a village on that exact tile, dragon be damned. I wanted to get attacked so I can accuse the AI of cheating. So I yolo'd my pioneer onto that Tile and set up a village successfuly, and it was completely undefended except for 4 militia something.

And to update the status of Atlar's resident dragon pet.

Its still alive and well and yes, he snacked on my second scout ><

But i did get some kind of indicator that it wasn't only snacking on my scout by seeing it's exp bar, its almost lvled! , apparently it killed LOTS of AI units walking on by.

Seeing that Exp bar be near full made em think maybe there really isn't any insidious cheating going on? Then I raged pretty hard. Because my Dragonic pet decided that my Village shall not live anymore and attacked it while Atlarian have a peaceful dragon that only snacks on the patrols. QQ I suspect bias QQ

Well screw this i lost the village anyways *presses autoresolve to get it over with and move onto declaring war onto atlarian to remove the city next to dragon in revenge. Wat.

So dragons is too weak? No wonder why they never attack AI villages, its because they will die in process Stardock need to buff drakes bad. They too weak to the point where they can be trolled by militia.

More pics coming in next post.

September 10, 2013 6:03:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And then i acquired momentary insanity. Since I scored huge on that Sankarea village which just routed a drake.. I decided to push my luck and wander through the alley with alot of deadly armies if they attacked, my mage army is toast. And I managed to walk through for few turns.

And there's another green drake with bunch of tiny slagites thingies chilling just to the west of that fire lord nest right in the Fog of war like 2 hexs west, they didn't murder my bannon which i offered up to them as a sacrifice.

Why was I doing this? cuz i saw Questing Inn. Insanity and greed.

My temporary insanity paid off big time, as that Inn was home to a wandering Bard who wanted me to pay him 10 gildir then he will play a song to summon a dragon.

Hey prociniha remember when you extorted tribute from me in first 50 turns of the game with an army that monsters didn't molest while I was under siege by monsters?

Oh you forgot? Well I didn't. And this Nice starving drake is now your problem.Its been nice enough to respond to my calls to harass you for me, sucks to be you. Revenge paid back in full.

And then I decided to do a suicide run to see if i could reveal any worthy settlement sites further east. The start of the suicide run.

What's this , am i mistaken what. I have no choice but to evaluate that I am at least half wrong.The scout didn't get attacked until I plunged it into Curgus' grave. My first time finding it

That suicide run region was home to the biggest Troll army I have ever seen.  It's home to only troll nest that almost killed a single unit of mine, ALMOST!

Amhah dude, the only scary butcherman I have ever seen. He hit the summoned lightbringer for 23 damage first to make me let down my guard and disregard him as I focus on oneshotting the cannonfodder.. Then he hit the summoned lightbringer for 106 dmg, making me all scared and stuff cuz my experienced troopers was well within that oneshot critical range. So I made like a girl and summoned alot of elementals. Used a Wisp to keep my warriors above oneshot critical range.

This one is unrelated but eh, was fun.

And sacrificed a uhh.. three elemantals.. First one was lightbringer guy that showed me how dangerous amhah is. Second was an ice elemental from bannon, and third came from a burning candle consumable summon which summoned a burning fire elemental with blue fire? And fourth was the wisp. I pelted that dude so hard with spells Spark on cooldown? CHaos spell spammage it is then.

I'm kind of isolated from AI factions in this game so I can't really form a solid opinion but if there is some kind of cheating going on it would have to be the one that AI monsters is more gentle towards AI factions in regards of razing their cities to the ground. Because that Drake in Atlar is still alive and didn't attack the village while mine went loco fast and died.

But I have seen AI faction armies attack monsters, however it's limited to mites and bandit lairs. Darklings and Wildings too cuz they're weak. AI seems to have trouble against anything more tougher than that.

But my drake got murdered by four city miltia which was all it had. go figure.

September 10, 2013 6:29:07 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

heh.

its very fun to read your posts. 

+1 karma for you

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time: