The_Biz

Join Date 11/2009
+4
Locked Post 110 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 1, 2014 12:44:01 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

While a good game it has it's drawbacks.

One of my armies was in neutral territory and an opponent attacked me, we were in cold war. He lost completely. Then complained to me about committing some atrocity even though he initiated the attack. Another time I sent an army to defeat a roaming army that was besieging the last city of an AI. After it was defeated the AI in gratitude attacked my army, I lost 3 units, he lost everything.

A quest once gave me as target a minor faction village that was destroyed.

I rather dislike how you need influence for everything.

Privateers is rather OP, the AI never realizes who is the one sending mercenary armies to burn their cities and then immediately colonizes the regions. Another odd thing once one of my regular armies was able to help in the siege on an ally's city and the AI did not react.

Edit: Combat is boring and I just auto-resolve, diplomacy is rather weak. The music is very nice.

December 3, 2014 3:00:54 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

I've only played the game for about 2 hours, and a good chunk of that time was in the tutorial.

All I can say right now is that I wish developers could find a happy medium between too few options and too many options.

December 3, 2014 11:15:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ive been playing this for the last few days straight and for me its amazing cant put it down.  Its rome total war 1s map with a different factions and story of course (rome was based of real life der) Anyways Its worth the money in my opinion.  I got it for 7,99 as the black Friday deal on a founder edition.  I would had gladly paid full price for it however.

December 4, 2014 8:08:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have played one game with the latest patch, and the problem is that the AI empires are imploding just by themselves. I got three messages of AI destroyed before even meeting them, and the only empire I fought with (pretty balanced war on the borders) suddenly imploded too. I was not even really winning.

I wonder what's the cause - independents laying siege to their capitals and they don't notice, or what?

December 4, 2014 2:42:11 PM from Sorcerer King Forums Sorcerer King Forums

Quoting Kamamura_CZ,

I have played one game with the latest patch, and the problem is that the AI empires are imploding just by themselves. I got three messages of AI destroyed before even meeting them, and the only empire I fought with (pretty balanced war on the borders) suddenly imploded too. I was not even really winning.

I wonder what's the cause - independents laying siege to their capitals and they don't notice, or what?

Ask, and you shall (maybe) know

December 4, 2014 4:46:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Winter is coming...  or something like that.

December 5, 2014 3:20:07 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I got Endless Legend about a month ago and while I feel it has some great idea's it's just not captivating me in the same way a Iconic strategy game does, I also find the combat frustrating as your ability to issue commands/instructions is way too limited leaving the game to do plainly stupid things. I also found the game felt really slow, its difficult to explain exactly what was different (I've played tons of games in the genre) but the pacing just felt off to me. The more I think about it, I feel its the combat that is rubbing me up the wrong way since its such an important part of this game while I feel its an improvement over the combat system built using a Civ5 Engine it has a way more essential role in this game and so my lack of enjoyment of this system ruins the game for me and leaves me somewhat confused by the amazing reviews this game has received (I don't think its bad, but it's not the revolution it was claimed to be).

I feel Civ 5 has better diplomacy and territory control, AoW3 has combat that leaves most current 4x games in the previous decade (though it still has lots of flaws) sadly its city building, diplomacy & territory development are rather lacking and pretty dull and the randomness of attaining heroes which are critical leaves much to be desired sometimes, Warlock 2 has amazing editing along with some great idea's concepts with jumping between realms/worlds but for a game that's so combat based, those mechanics are underdeveloped immensely. EL FH has the variation and options to be the best of the bunch but is lacking something that even after 200 hours I've not put my finger on yet. Rome 2 is just not the game it could have been or should have been but then both Napoleon and Empire Total war fell short of the mark so I should have seen it coming. I must say however I love the Total War series as a step above any other strategy games I've played but this is largely due to MTW 1&2 and Rome Total War. I have very fond memories of games like Populous 1 & 2 as well as Megalomania but I was pretty young when I played them so I believe my feelings on these could be largely due to nostalgia over quality.

December 6, 2014 8:50:22 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well, I finished the game and it was a strange one.

Every other faction but me and one Cultist faction died by themselves, have no idea how. 

I have been sprawling and turtling a bit, playing as Wind Walkers, and the cultist had many villages and a huge army, and started to be really aggressive. I know I could not stop them, they had better stats, and on top of that, their units were counters to most of mine (ranged slayers).

My only luck was having ice wargs that kept me going in winter, because in winter, they were just unstoppable. 

However, when the huge masses started to march on my cities, and I was in despair (cultist raze your cities and on top of that, steal your tech), diplomacy have saved me. They laughed at all my resource stockpile, they refused dust, but what it took to secure a truce was - 12 units of spice. It was the only luxury that was in high demand.

So I gave them this ridiculous small quantity of it (I suspect there was no source anywhere, I had around 50 units from quests). And the cultists took the truce, and marched aaaaalll the way back to their distant lands, which took considerable time in winter. Then, after some time, they once again realized they are much stronger, and declared war and marched across the vast empty lands back to my cities. And at the very last moment, I gave them 12 spice. And they went all the way back. 

This repeated over and over, until I finished the main quest, built the Temple of Whatever and won the game. 

Quite anticlimatic, expecially since there is no faction-specific outro. 

April 17, 2015 3:09:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Free on steam this weekend if anyone's on the fence. Also an expansion coming soon-ish.

April 20, 2015 6:25:01 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

N/A

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time: